TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

^Great analysis! Love hearing that kind of perspective. Let's hope so! Here's to Intamin making a splash in the United States with some awesome unique coasters! Enough of this 300 foot boring B&M forceless floater air bullshit! I want an Intamin to kick my ass like RMC has done with Twisted Colossus!

Looks fantastic so far! My only question is, why all white paint again like Formula Rossa?

I'd imagine it really comes down to cost more than anything. Being in a desert climate, any other color would rapidly fade with the relentless sunlight/dust storms etc and add a considerable amount of maintenance if they want it to look good.

Ahh, that's what I thought. If Tatsu over in California looks bad, anything with a decent paint job in the UAE's heat would fade very quickly

Well let's not jump to conclusions. After repainting X2 with a different mix of paint, I'd have to say that rides paint job has held up pretty well over the years.

^^ Intamin! Make a splash! Aquatrax confirmed!!!

^ Leviathan does not.

Where is an Aquatrax confirmed for? I don't recall seeing anything about one, locally at least..

I have not had the opportunity to ride Leviathan yet, though I hope to before long. It definitely sounds like they must have improved on it greatly with Fury, however!

In theory it could be premier designed, but that's definitely intamin track. Plus it has a lift hill and premier has never made a non luanched coaster.

Um, yes they have.

Those construction photos definitely look like Skyrush / Intimidator style track though, because Premier typically makes their double spine look like a single, taller one. Maybe a misprint?

^Great analysis! Love hearing that kind of perspective. Let's hope so! Here's to Intamin making a splash in the United States with some awesome unique coasters! Enough of this 300 foot boring B&M forceless floater air bullshit! I want an Intamin to kick my A$$ like RMC has done with Twisted Colossus!

Looks fantastic so far! My only question is, why all white paint again like Formula Rossa?

I'd imagine it really comes down to cost more than anything. Being in a desert climate, any other color would rapidly fade with the relentless sunlight/dust storms etc and add a considerable amount of maintenance if they want it to look good.

Ahh, that's what I thought. If Tatsu over in California looks bad, anything with a decent paint job in the UAE's heat would fade very quickly

Well let's not jump to conclusions. After repainting X2 with a different mix of paint, I'd have to say that rides paint job has held up pretty well over the years.

You're calling such rides as Monty, Katun, Banshee, Diamondback, Rougarou, Nitro, Apollos Chariot, and the Batman clones "forceless"?

ElectricUncleSam-The vast majority of the B&M's you just listed off are early creations of theirs. All the newer B&M's are pretty accepted as being ALOT less forceful than all the coasters you just listed. They don't build them like Kumba or Monty anymore. Where I wouldn't say that their new coasters are "forceless", I'd say that the forces are much less extreme than the rides from their golden years. In fact, the only new coaster of theirs that you put in your list is Diamondback, which some say was one of their last great hypers.

Quick question - I plan to visit Ferrari world en route to Japan next month, my flight gets in to Abu Dhabi early and leaves about 2230. What would be the best way to get to Ferrari world and back from the airport? Was thinking of a taxi, but am worried there wouldn't be any taxis there to take me back from the park. Would I be better to rent a car?