TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Hey there guys, just booked a short stay at Disneyland Resort Paris sometime this summer, end of July to be precise and was wondering of any tips and advice

Any would be appreciated,

Also, is it likely the new area and rides at the Studios will be open?

Very excited for this trip, been over 10 years since my last visit so a LOT to explore!

Thanks again!

Yeah, that is expected, so allowed a few days at the Resort , And yes I am staying on site so should hopefully get a decent amount of the rides done during that Extra time in the morning.

Thanks very much Any others pointers?

the EMH at disneyland paris are great, normally the park is empty during these hours (also during high season) and are a good thing for ride space mountain.

pay attention to the climate, you can have sun and ten minutes later you can have rain. in paris the climate is very strange...

my best advice is: go very early at the studios entrance and try to go immediately to crush coaster in the morning, because the normal queue for crush is a PAIN.

Is the "EMH" on at Walt Disney Studios as well as the main Disneyland Park?

And also how would guys rate the attractions compared to those at other Disney Parks (WDW in particular ) Obviously Big Thunder Mountain is superior, but ones such as Space Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Pirates of the Carribean, Phantom Manor... etc ?

Thanks again for the help, couldn't let you guys know much I appreciate it.

In terms of dark rides, I think Phantom Manor is inferior to the 'traditional' Haunted Mansions, insofar as the story doesn't run as well - it's a valiant effort to tie in to Frontierland, but it looks a bit weird when you suddenly drop into a Western town with cowboy zombies shooting at you*.

PotC, however, is fantastic, and (in my opinion) equal to/in some cases better than the original Disneyland ride, great mood, and doesn't immediately rip you out of the atmosphere with a moving walkway like WDW's.

*This is based on my memory from December 2008 - it may be more coherent than I give credit.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I will be at Disneyland Paris mid-July with a friend and am looking for a few pointers as well.

First, I realize that it will be quite busy. Unfortunately, my friend and I will only have one day to spend there and we are not staying on property. We realize that we probably will not be able to see/do everything so we just want to make the best of what time we will have.

We are going to buy the "magic pass" (1 day park hopper) and check out both parks. The big rides will take priority over the shows and parades. From what I am reading so far, I am thinking that we will start at Studios first and try and hit up Crush right away. I also read somwhere that you can have multiple fastpasses for different rides at the same time so perhaps we will do a lap first and collect fastpasses?

Basically, what rides at both parks typically have the worst lines (thus get a fastpass)?

Would it be wise to start at Studios?

Any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I will be at Disneyland Paris mid-July with a friend and am looking for a few pointers as well.

First, I realize that it will be quite busy. Unfortunately, my friend and I will only have one day to spend there and we are not staying on property. We realize that we probably will not be able to see/do everything so we just want to make the best of what time we will have.

We are going to buy the "magic pass" (1 day park hopper) and check out both parks. The big rides will take priority over the shows and parades. From what I am reading so far, I am thinking that we will start at Studios first and try and hit up Crush right away. I also read somwhere that you can have multiple fastpasses for different rides at the same time so perhaps we will do a lap first and collect fastpasses?

Basically, what rides at both parks typically have the worst lines (thus get a fastpass)?

Would it be wise to start at Studios?

Any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Crush Coaster should be your first stop. That's in the Walt Disney Studios and it has both horrible capacity and no fast passes offered. If you don't do the ride at park opening, expect a 2 hours plus line later. For the main park, Peter Pan's Flight and Big Thunder Mountain run out of fast pass the fastest.

Disneyland Paris is the best themed original Disneyland Park in the world. Walt Disney Studios is one of the worst Disney theme parks.

The attractions with the worst lines (mid-July):

Disneyland Park:

- Big Thunder Mountain (average wait time: 60 minutes, Fastpass)

- Peter Pan's Flight (average wait time: 40 minutes, Fastpass)

- Space Mountain: Mission 2 (average wait time: 45 minutes, Fastpass)

- Autopia (average wait time: 45 minutes)

- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (average wait time: 45 minutes, Fastpass)

- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (average wait time: 45 minutes, Fastpass)

- Pirates of the Caribbean (average wait time: 40 minutes)

Walt Disney Studios

- Crush's Coaster (average wait time: 60 minutes)

- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (average wait time: 45 minutes, Fastpass)

- Tower of Terror (average wait time: 60 minutes, Fastpass)

You cannot get multiple fastpasses for different rides at the same time.

Edited by Trumple

• 2 months later...

French theme-park operator Euro Disney SCA has received permission from the French government to enlarge its operations, adding a third theme park, a new housing development and a vacation village.

The company, which is 47% owned by Walt Disney Co., on Tuesday said it will sign an amendment to its 1987 founding agreement with French authorities enabling it to extend its perimeter and operations. Euro Disney, which has struggled financially, said it will be allowed to increase the perimeter of the operations to 2,230 hectares, or slightly more than 5,508 acres, from 1,943 hectares, or about 4,800 acres.

In addition to paving the way for the third theme park, the amendment to the original agreement allows Euro Disney to invest in new housing developments in the Val d'Europe region, in the Paris suburbs, and develop a new vacation village project, Les Villages Nature de Val d'Europe. The theme of the project would be a sustainable development and it would be carried out in partnership with real estate group Pierre & Vacances, Euro Disney said.

Les Villages Nature de Val d'Europe, which will be launched depending on market conditions, would be developed in phases up to approximately 500 hectares within a 20-year time frame, the group said.

By 2030, projects within the new perimeter could generate an approximate investment of €8 billion ($10.3 billion) by various tourist and urban developers, including €1.8 billion for Les Villages Nature de Val d'Europe, it said.

No further financial details were disclosed.

In August, Euro Disney reported that third-quarter revenue rose 21%, due to proceeds from a real estate disposal and improved tourism but a heavy debt load has left it with a steady stream of losses.

Link

Can't wait to find out more

Edited by robbalvey

Very Interesting...any ideas what the overall theme of the third park will be?

They can always do a "Disney Euro Adventure"

They can built an Eifel Tower with a Mickey cap on top as their main park icon

Either way, it's great to see Disneyland Paris exanding...makes it even more appealing to venture out to the land of the French.