TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

^I agree. But it's going to take a lot of work to improve the guest service at this resort.

QFT! Our visit to Disneyland Paris was terrible. The park itself looked good and had a lot of good stuff, but the Disney 'service' was no where to be seen. It by far had the worst employees on the entire Europe trip, and even worse than most US parks!

QFT! Our visit to Disneyland Paris was terrible. The park itself looked good and had a lot of good stuff, but the Disney 'service' was no where to be seen. It by far had the worst employees on the entire Europe trip, and even worse than most US parks!

This

I REALLY wanted to love the park as it is beautiful, however the service and operations just ruined it for me. I absolutely did not enjoy getting ignored at the bar in the Sequoia Lodge for 20 minutes while there were only 6 people at the bar and 3 cast members working.

I think this would be a step in the right direction for the resort. Bring back the Disney standards that were thrown away a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...

And here we go.

Euro Disney group improves its debt profile with the €1.3 billion refinancing of the group’s debt by The Walt Disney Company

(Marne-la-Vallée, on 18 September 2012) - Euro Disney S.C.A., parent company of Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., operator of Disneyland® Paris, announces the refinancing Euro Disney group's debt (excluding debt already extended by The Walt Disney Company) with new financing provided by The Walt Disney Company and two of its French subsidiaries, for an overall amount of 1,332 million euros.

The workers' council has been consulted on the transaction and has rendered a favourable opinion thereon. In addition, the consent of all the creditors, necessary to implement the transaction, has been obtained.

The Supervisory Board of Euro Disney Associés S.C.A. met today and approved the transaction.

With this refinancing, the Group's average interest rate on its debt decreases meaningfully and the Group benefits from greater operational flexibility by removing the restrictive covenants under existing debt agreements, notably those related to restrictions on capital expenditures. Moreover, the extended maturity of the total debt to 2030 together with a more gradual debt repayment schedule will better position the Group to invest in long-term growth and drive value for all shareholders. The transaction is expected to close on 27 September 2012.

« This refinancing will enable us to reduce our financing costs and give us greater investment and operational flexibility. This is a key step in the development of our Resort that we pursue for the benefit for all of our stakeholders. I strongly believe this will be highly beneficial to the Company, its cast members and shareholders,» declared Philippe Gas, Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S.

Philippe Gas added: « The Walt Disney Company, with this transaction, reaffirms its continued confidence in Disneyland® Paris which has successfully become, over the past 20 years, the number one tourist destination in Europe, a growth driver of French tourism and an important ambassador of the Disney brand across Europe ».

Principal terms and impacts of the refinancing

- As of September 30, 2012, the Group's debt will amount to 1,710 million euros.

- The new financing will be composed of term loans totaling 1,232 million euros and a 100 million euros standby revolving credit facility available until September 30, 2017 and fully drawn on as part of the transaction. These two components of the new financing are unsecured and will carry a 4.0% and a EURIBOR + 2.00% rate per annum, respectively.

- The interest expense incurred by the Group will be reduced by a total of 45 million euros over the next 5 years.

- The Group will repay 217 million euros of debt principal over the next 5 years, according to a more gradual repayment schedule that will provide for 225 million euros of additional cash flow.

- For the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012, the Group will incur an additional financial charge related to the early exercise of the purchase options under the lease agreements, partially offset by a net gain on the debt extinguishment. The Group estimates the fiscal year net impact on financial charges to be an approximate 30 million euros.

- This transaction does not have any impact on the royalties due to The Walt Disney Company under the license agreement.

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2012-09-18-debt-Press-release.pdf

• 5 weeks later...

To sum this up: luxury spa on steroids...

The concept looks a bit boring and plain, and everything I got from the video was "blah blah blah nature, blah blah blah, nature". Plus, I can't really see this working as a year-round facility with the cold French winter temperatures below 0ºC.

I'm really thrilled to see Disney Studios Paris getting some love in the form of this Ratatouille expansion. I love the movie and from what I've seen of the ride/complex concept so far, it will really be a showcase attraction that the park sorely needs.

Wow, it's almost like they're on a race with Universal Orlando's Transformers to see what dark ride building they can get build quicker! There was almost NOTHING there when we visited Disneyland Paris just a couple of months ago...

What's most impressive about that Nature thingy is the lagoon that is apparently going to be heated to over 80deg F year round. That is a pretty massive body of water to keep that warm.

I always find it funny when actual nature is bulldozed to create a man made 'nature.'

What's most impressive about that Nature thingy is the lagoon that is apparently going to be heated to over 80deg F year round. That is a pretty massive body of water to keep that warm.
Only an outdoor section of the water park will be heated, not the entire lake.

Concept art:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2234777/Restructuring-propel-Euro-Disney-black.html

Euro Disney is heading towards profitability after five years in the red, according to a leading City analyst.

Since opening the doors to Disneyland Paris in 1992, the theme park operator has made an annual loss 13 times and in the past five years alone it has lost £217million.

Losses have been driven by financial charges on the firm’s £1.36billion mountain of debt, which was used to fund construction of the resort.

The debt was taken over in September by Euro Disney’s 39.8 per cent shareholder, The Walt Disney Company, reducing the interest rate from 5.2 per cent to four per cent, which will save £36million over five years.

The major impact will be felt next year on the cost of the debt, which will reduce,’ said the analyst.

But the shares have fallen by 2.17 euros (£1.73) to 4.66 euros since the restructuring was announced.

Darn.

It now looks like we have to push our trip to Amsterdam, Paris/Disney up a year,

and not getting there until the fall...2015. But at least Ratatouille: Kitchen

Kalamity (working title) will be a year old and running just great, lol!

And - that also means I can now definitely do the (possible/probable) TPR Scandi Tour in 2014!

Here's my question - will it still be Mission 2?

If I'm not mistaken, Space Mountain's "Mission 2" stuff is the only theming in Discoveryland that isn't Jules Verne-style. Maybe a return to the original score and theming? Or was it all ripped out?

I don't think the theming will change at all. I'd be glad if all the effects could work at first.. In Discoveryland, there's also Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast that's not Jules Verne related.

Really, the update is because more and more people report roughness. The GP doesn't really care about Jules Verne, sadly...

Myself, I'd love to see a kind of prequel. Back to a darker steampunk theme.. And a zero-g at the top ! (Hulky-liky!) But once again, nor the theming or the layout will change.

I'm guessing that the change in trains is more related to rider comfort than for theming. There had been whispers a while back of the ride getting the new Vekoma soft restraints that are found on Carolina Cobra at Carowinds.

I wonder if it is possible to retrofit those restraints onto the existing vehicles rather than replacing the entire fleet of trains...

It doesn't look like it. Check out how belts extend from the backs of the soft vests and down behind the seats. It seems as though the new restraints are designed specifically for use on the new trains.

If they just not use the vest at all they could theoretically do that, though. But, I don't think that will be the case.

As for the theme, I had no idea they had a Buzz Lightyear attraction. I'm a fan of progress in most cases, but I really liked how Discoveryland was a "different" kind of Tomorrowland.