TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^ No I haven't, but I can't see it adding to the experience. I mean audio fits for dark rides and other types of rides that need some spice, but as for coasters I think it's not a big deal. In Texas Giant's case I don't think audio would fit unless it's themed to something totally out of left field like with the park's recent sponsorship campaigns maybe Red Bull!

^Have you ever been on a Disney/Universal Coaster with On-board audio? It really adds to the ride.

Yes, on an indoor Disney/Universal coaster it adds to the experience. The only outdoor one I can think of is RRR.

But we're talking about an outdoor Six Flags coaster, which has--company wide mind you--added audio on a couple rides now, and a majority of which haven't enhanced the experience of the ride all that much. One such system has even been dumped.

I agree it adds to the ride, but only if done right (Space Mountain, Indianna Jones). Six Flags IMO has not done it right thus far, and I would assume would continue that trend if added on this ride.

Well I've been on Space Mountain and California Screamin' at Disneyland and it does fit very well. I'm just saying, I don't think there's any type of audio worth putting on the Texas Giant that would make sense. Exhibit A: The Bizarro's.Yes it adds to the experience but apparently it's random crap so it's just somewhat pointless.

In my opinion, the audio on the Bizarro coasters does not add anything beneficial to the either ride experience.

All it does is hasten my loss of hearing.

I didn't really think it worked well at SFMM either.

Needless to say I don't think Six Flags has perfected the practice of adding audio to outdoor coasters.

Edited by larrygator

The audio on the Bizarro coasters and on Terminator was just awful. Loud, random noise. And considering the music I listen to, I'm an expert on whether the loud, random noise works or not. And in these cases, it does not.

The X2 audio is well done, and it is CLEAR. I'm not sure what the differences with that sound system and the other SF installations are, but the X2 one is the only one at a SF park that I thought added to the experience.

I really hope the new Texas Giant does not have onboard audio. It doesn't need it.

dt

Not sure how it is gonna ride on the steel rails, but with a wooden coaster that size it seems to me that you have to deafen everyone just to get the point across. Most coasters of that general size that I have ridden are pretty damn loud anyhow, I couldn't imagine trying to add any kind of audio to it........especially "Boot Scootin Boogie" or "All My Rowdy Friends" LMAO!!!!

^^

This song...

Audio systems on outdoor coasters are pointless. Part of the coaster experience is the train noise and the riders screaming. Six Flags needs to calm down with these pointless audio crap.

I've heard Rockit has a pretty good audio selection and everyone seems to like X2 and Cali Screamin's soundtrack.

Even then, if you'd rather hear screaming and ride noise, you can still hear it standing on the ground... or ride a different coaster.

^^

This song...

Audio systems on outdoor coasters are pointless. Part of the coaster experience is the train noise and the riders screaming. Six Flags needs to calm down with these pointless audio crap.

I've heard Rockit has a pretty good audio selection and everyone seems to like X2 and Cali Screamin's soundtrack.

Even then, if you'd rather hear screaming and ride noise, you can still hear it standing on the ground... or ride a different coaster.

Worst song choice evvvvver!!!!! I just expressed my opinion. Noone has to agree. However, that song really is the most boring song for a roller coaster. Really bad choice.

Worst song choice evvvvver!!!!! I just expressed my opinion. Noone has to agree. However, that song really is the most boring song for a roller coaster. Really bad choice.

It was a joke...ha

But yeah I agree, the song sucks.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I feel that this coaster will ride in that little groove on the inside of the track. If that's the case, would this coaster ride on just one wheel or a modification of the standard 3 wheel set-up?

Not sure what groove you're talking about, but the trains will likely be very similar to, if not the same as normal wooden coaster trains. The track is of nearly identical gauge and shape as the old wooden track. The bolt strips are in areas that the wheels wouldn't normally travel on without some sort of major malfunction, anyways. If you check out this picture, you'll see that the old steel rails would almost fit inside the area where the bolts currently are.