TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^^ LMAO! I'm beginning to think he's actually Mr. BW&BB in disguise!

--Robb "About to ban yet another Cypress Gardens fanboy!" Alvey

wow... I didn't even KNOW there was a such thing as a Cypress Gardens fanboy *scratches head*

Anyways... I'm glad to see they're announcing something! They're in long due for something, was the last thing they got Superman Tower of Power? I liked that...

-Justin

Ok I honestly believe it's going to be some kind of large, high-capacity flat ride. Either a screamin swing or something from Huss. Lets look @ the facts

1. They installed 10 new kiddie flats this year, and when I went there the park literally seemed to have alot more rides, why not try the flat ride experiment again?

2. Shapiro said "no more high-thrill coasters for awhile", this means that a new coaster is slim pickins for SFoT. There also isnt really anything I can think of that they could take out (though I really wish they would axe the Boomerang).

3. Large scale, high-thrill flat rides seem to be the "it" product for most parks. Consider this: Cedar Point got a screamin swing, Paramounts Canadas Wonderland got a Jump2 (kind of a long time ago, but no matter), SDC is getting a screamin swing, and so is Liseberg. And thats just what has been announced that I know of. There could still be many more

If we had to place bets, I'm sayin flat ride from Huss or S&S

I rode it five times ina row, if my hubby wasn't with me I wudda rode it another five times. It's as smooth as butter! I rode in the back too since the train's no longer backwards but I do NOT know where the term JRS is Rusty came from. They must've not ridden it. It's my fave woodie! It's the best woodie there! (ok so there are only two but STILL). It's the ONLY woodie I've ever ridden that's actually worth riding & SMOOOOOTH too.

It's Texas...everything is Big!!!

About my post though, I should have worded it better, I meant that he didn't do EVERYTHING he promised. Trust me, I know he did some stuff. But...I never saw Family Fright Fest, never saw max trains running all summer, never saw better staff, etc.

I think that may be because Shapiro has a figurative brick wall behind him. New large-scale roller coasters cost more than SFoT probably has a budget for, and all those other promises Shapiro made, they didnt really have any sort of direct financial consequence.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I'm still callin it a large-scale flat ride

Something tells me they wouldn't put in ultra twister at SFOT. Very low capacity and it seems a little foolish that they would move it from AW to SFA just to bring it back to Texas.

Who knows though, I suppose.

And I wouldn't exactly call Ultra Twister "BIG" either.

New for 2007 at Six Flags Over Texas -- KINGDA KA II: The Revenge of the Lone Star State Serial Thrillers

Sounds real to me.

You guys are all going to be really disappointed when they announce an new extra-large churro cart...

dt

Yeah but will be be an extra-large cart selling normal sized churros, or a regular sized cart selling extra-large churros? I could see ACE being thrilled with the extra-large churros option!

-Julie

You guys are all going to be really disappointed when they announce an new extra-large churro cart...

dt

But if it's to announce an extra-large pink thing cart... then we're talkin'!!!

Seriously though, I'll be pleased if they put in some large Huss ride, like a Giant Frisbee (they didn't get a frisbee with the 10 ride deal this year, did they?). I'm not terribly familiar with what all they added this year, but when I visited in '05, it really felt like the park lacked major flat/thrill rides outside of Superman.

-Scott "mmmm pink things" Parrish

New Info:

2006 Was a Great Year For

Six Flags Over Texas, but*

Wait 'Till You See

What Is Coming In 2007!

What: On Monday November 13th, Six Flags Over Texas announces a spectacular new addition for the 2007 season! As the Entertainment Capital of Texas, Six Flags Over Texas never ceases to thrill each guest that walks through the gates, and 2007 will be no different. This new capital addition is guaranteed to take your breath away, so come see what all the excitement is about at Six Flags Over Texas!

Ok...so...let's go through this carefully:

Capital - More than a show or Giant Churro Cart

'take your breath away' - Not a large Kiddie Coaster, didn't they use similar wording for the B&M Flyers?

The media postcard I have - Um, at first I thought it was just 'stylish', but perhaps there's something to it...there's a moon, and a guy flying from a sheet attached to it.

Or maybe it's an Aqua Trax!