TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are you a redneck or a Yankee?

CoasterJunkie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55% (Right on the Mason-Dixon Line)--I attribute this to growing up in California's San Joaquin Valley (which is sort of like being in Oklahoma) and living for the last twenty years in Virginia.

Here's a question they left off, I think: Do you call it a chicken-fried steak or a country-fried steak? I tried to order a "chicken-fried steak" in a coffee shop in Asheville, NC, a few years ago and got quite a lecture from a waitress on how "we call'em 'country-fried' down south, sugar."

Chuck "Never put brown gravy on mashed potatoes when serving them with chicken-fried steak" Campbell

58% (Dixie). Right on the Mason-Dixon Line

And trying harder and harder every day not to use southernisms! People always ask me if I'm from California for some reason. Until I went to Boston last year and as soon as I'd start to speak, people would say "Oh my gawd, where are you from? You've got the thickest accent!" hahaha

-Julie

Wow, so far I have the lowest score...

"24% (Yankee). You are a Yankee Doodle Dandy."

Hell, i better be a Yankee Doodle Dandy... It is after all, the Connecticut State Song!!! lol

Rob

And if you ask me, a drive through package store is a bad idea... While on the other hand, a packy that delivers is a GREAT idea...

71% (Dixie). Your neck must be at least pink!

And I hate rednecks, although I live in the "Highest trailers per capita state" Not that they are bad, but a lot of the times a trailer here is like a 1970s single wide, with a spiderman towel hanging up on the one window in the back, and a dodge truck with KC lights on it sitting out in the front...

^ Ha ha, thats pretty funny. Its usually a halloween tradition, but its also meant as a practical joke, you go around throwing toilet paper on everything, trees, houses, etc etc... I personally dont see it too often, once or twice a year. It makes a mess, but completely harmless. Just a pain in the ass...

Rob

45% Yankee, odd........I got 58% last time, still don't know why I've got the southern tendancies though. I saw a few things pop up because my dad is from Wisconsin, think that had an effect on me a little. Still, never would have guessed I'd score that high after living in L.A. County ALL my life!!