TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

On 2/17/2024 at 12:59 PM, teacherkim said:

the big guns like Hagrids, Hulk, VC all close their lines about 11:30 or so to satisfy both local noise ordinances and enough time for maintenance (or at least that's the official explanation)

While some rides close early for the event, Rip Ride Rockit cycles until about 3am every HHN night, so if there are noise ordinance concerns then I guess they only care when they decide to care.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coasterbill said:

While some rides close early for the event, Rip Ride Rockit cycles until about 3am every HHN night, so if there are noise ordinance concerns then I guess they only care when they decide to care.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Like I said that is the "official" reason given for the big 3 at IOA at the OI meetups, I've always assumed that was more the park not wanting those lines still full an hour after the event ends which is 1:30 am, and of course HHN only affects USO most of which are indoor rides. Plus RRR has cool optics from City walk 😏 I was more just trying to be informative to the actualities of the late night events.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 7:18 PM, Nrthwnd said:

^ Portal is main entrance to the Land. The exit from each Land will be separate from the Portal, either on the left or right of it, as you suggest. The best (current) version of this I have seen, is the Harry Potter Universe. If you look at an overhead photo, of the entryway, you'll see what will be an Exit, to the left of the Portal. Hope that helps.

Just found the photo I wanted, to show what I was explaining, i.e. Entry Portal vs. Exit. To the left of the Wizarding World portal, is the Exit with a possible security kiosk, to the left of that. Or maybe it's an information kiosk. Eventually, we'll find out. 🙂

EpicUniverse01.png.948e428ed4186911c9e967331e993770.png

Thank you to @bioreconstruct and Theme Park Stop for all the info. about Epic Universe's ongoing construction.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Universal has released artwork and details about How To Train Your Dragon: Isle of Berk, coming to Epic Universe!

How-to-Train-Your-Dragon-Isle-of-Berk.thumb.jpg.ceac4a452703c8987d4d3b90204eb92f.jpg

https://media.universalparksusa.com/press-releases/take-to-the-skies-and-soar-with-dragons-universal-orlando-resort-reveals-new-details-about-how-to-train-your-dragon-isle-of-berk-a-larger-than-life-world-of-viking-advent/

Universal Orlando Resort invites guests of all ages to soar with dragons in a colorful, fully-alive world filled with Viking adventures in How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk – one of the five worlds featured at the all-new Universal Epic Universe theme park opening in 2025. Here, guests will see what it’s like to live amongst dragons as they explore a larger-than-life world that includes exciting attractions, beloved character meet-and-greets, dining, shopping – and even flying dragons – based on DreamWorks Animation’s multi-award winning and Academy Award-nominated trilogy, “How to Train Your Dragon.”

Developed in partnership between Universal Creative and the powerhouse filmmakers from DreamWorks Animation and Universal Pictures, How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk captures the heart, humor and scale of the films within an authentic re-creation of the rugged, rocky world where raucous Vikings and rambunctious dragons live together in hilarious harmony. Guests visiting Berk will encounter one of the most breathtaking environments Universal has ever created – complete with immense architecture featuring hand-carved details, lush landscaping, and extraordinary heights of rolling hills surrounding vibrant dragon houses and local establishments. And everywhere guests look within the bustling village, they’ll find endless activity – from active dragons in their natural habitats and sheep attempting to disguise themselves as Terrible Terror dragons to sporadic bouts of fire – making Isle of Berk an attraction unto itself.

WELCOME TO THE ISLE OF BERK

Guests’ first sight of Berk will be reminiscent of the iconic sweeping vista straight from the films – featuring a vast sparkling lagoon that boasts two 40-foot-tall Viking statues set against an energetic village perched above churning seas. Guests will discover four attractions, one live show, and several character and dragon meet-and-greet experiences that offer something for every member of the family, including:

• Hiccup’s Wing Gliders – On this family thrill coaster, Hiccup invites brave new Vikings to take a ride in his latest glider contraption – a winged flying machine that launches aspiring Dragon Riders into the sky for a dragon’s eye view of Berk. Guests will fly alongside Hiccup and Toothless and reach speeds up to 45 mph as they soar around the perimeter of Berk – and even through the lagoon – while experiencing firsthand what it’s like to fly on a dragon.

• The Untrainable Dragon – Inspired by Universal Beijing Resort’s wildly successful “Untrainable” show, this dragon-filled live spectacular takes guests on an unforgettable journey with beloved characters Hiccup, Toothless, Gobber, and Astrid as they work together to solve the mystery of The Untrainable Dragon. This heartwarming story comes to life with captivating musical numbers, breathtaking sets and life-sized dragons soaring overhead.

• Fyre Drill – Mischievous Viking twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut invite teams of Vikings to compete to outscore and out-soak each other on this wet-and-wild boat battle. Guests will board a colorful dragon-headed boat and blast water cannons at flame-like targets to practice putting out fires – a crucial skill to master when living with dragons.

• Dragon Racer’s Rally – Berk’s new Vikings racers can practice aerobatic maneuvers and high-speed barrel rolls on two Viking-made dragon-riding trainers that reach heights of up to 67 feet in the air. Guests can control how “wild” or “mild” their experience will be as they perform high-flying, gravity-defying, swooping and soaring skills that are necessary to earn the accolades worthy of a true champion dragon racer.

• Viking Training Camp – Junior Vikings will learn everything they need to know about dragons as they climb, slide and explore their way through this sprawling interactive adventure play camp – featuring a Viking agility course, a Toothless-themed teeter-totter, baby Gronckle dragon climbers and so much more.

• Meet Hiccup and Toothless – Guests can visit the Haddock Paddock for an incredible meet-and-greet experience with heroic Dragon Rider, Hiccup, and pose for a photo with his friendly Night Fury, Toothless. Plus, throughout the day, guests may also encounter other familiar Vikings and dragons while exploring Berk.

Guests can also dine and shop like Vikings in the world’s variety of themed eateries and retail locations, including:

• Mead Hall — The beating heart of Berk and the village’s main gathering hall, Mead Hall is where guests can feast like a Viking and enjoy a savory menu featuring a variety of meats, fish, sandwiches and more along with a collection of meads and ciders.

• Spit Fyre Grill — Overlooking the action of the Fyre Drill water attraction, Spit Fyre Grill is a quick-service dining location featuring delicious, hearty meals flame-seared by a helpful (unseen) dragon fry cook.

• Hooligan’s Grog & Gruel — Guests can grab quick bites at this festive racing-themed food stand located in the Viking Camp.

• And after a day of dragon training, guests can commemorate their lessons with an array of merchandise available at highly-themed shops like Viking Traders, How to Treat Your Dragon, Hiccup’s Work Shop, and Toothless’ Treasures.

• Like 1

I'm soooo excited about this park! Universal Orlando is already my favorite park and to have a brand new park of this scale and quality; whoop, whoop!! I mean how often does that happen in a lifetime?!

On 3/29/2024 at 1:25 PM, teacherkim said:

I mean how often does that happen in a lifetime?!

Well in my lifetime this will be about the 8th time, maybe the 10the time if you want to count MGM Studios and Universal Orlando in 1989 and 1990. I was only like 6 but I do remember visiting UO in it's opening year so I guess that counts.

Now if you want to start counting non Disney and Universal Parks in China and Dubai amongst other places.......... well that number could get pretty high. I can't even keep up with what's being built in China anymore but they have built several brand new parks of this scale.

9 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Well in my lifetime this will be about the 8th time, maybe the 10the time if you want to count MGM Studios and Universal Orlando in 1989 and 1990. I was only like 6 but I do remember visiting UO in it's opening year so I guess that counts.

Now if you want to start counting non Disney and Universal Parks in China and Dubai amongst other places.......... well that number could get pretty high. I can't even keep up with what's being built in China anymore but they have built several brand new parks of this scale.

I get that, I'm much older than you and was around for all that plus Epcot and Animal Kingdom...........but, my point is that this is going to be on such a grander scale on both the rides and how grandiose it will be than those were when they opened, or at least it seems that way to me. Maybe I'm just not remembering the hype or maybe I'm just legit way more excited about a Universal park than Disney 🤷‍♀️ And to be fair I wasn't really thinking along the lines of China or Dubai, since those are not easily accessible for most people from the USA

• Like 2

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as being rude or cynical, but I do think there's a fair amount of recency bias with this project since there is so much information on social media with construction updates and speculation and the official press releases from Universal's official accounts.

As far as the scale of the project to me it's not that much different than IOA when it opened? Both had similar number of lands and major attractions and rides.

Spiderman, Hulk, Dragons, Stun Show, Poseidon Show, Popeye, Ripsaw, Jurassic Park, Camp Jurassic, Cat n Hat Ride, couple of flats and

Starfall Racers, Mario Dark Ride, Donkey Kong, Monster Dark Ride, Monsters Coaster, Dragon Coaster, Dragon Show, flat ride and splash battle, whatever is in the new Potter land.

Also don't get me wrong here, I am VERY excited to check this whole place out eventually, really really excited about it, but also don't know if there's anything that's goin to be truly ground breaking or revolutionary or "game changing" as so many fans keep referring to it as.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 8:39 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

but also don't know if there's anything that's goin to be truly ground breaking or revolutionary or "game changing" as so many fans keep referring to it as.

Jumping Donkey Kong coaster!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Orlando has released details about the two upcoming properties, Universal Stella Nova Resort and Universal Terra Luna Resort, opening early next year not far from Universal's Epic Universe theme park. 

UniversalStellaNovaResortandUniversalTerraLunaResort.thumb.jpg.ae4db6abb4260152ef116d9cf7605557.jpg

Orlando, Fla. (April 11, 2024) – Today, Universal Orlando Resort reveals inspiring details about its two newest shining stars, Universal Stella Nova Resort, opening January 21, 2025, and Universal Terra Luna Resort, opening February 25, 2025. Brought to life by the award-winning Universal Creative team and co- owned and operated by Loews Hotels & Co, the alluring hotels place guests in the center of marvelous galaxies and diverse planetary elements for an experience unlike anywhere else in the universe – complete with tranquil sleeping accommodations, entertaining amenities for the whole family to enjoy, various cosmic- inspired dining options and so much more.

Boasting a combined total of 1,500 luminous, ultramodern and surreal guest rooms, Stella Nova Resort and Terra Luna Resort provide even more options for guests to seamlessly experience all the jaw-dropping thrills of a Universal Orlando vacation at an affordable price point starting at $147 (per night, plus tax) based on a stay of four nights or more. Below is an overview of what guests will experience at these radiant hotels.

OTHERWORLDLY THEMES AND ACCOMMODATIONS

Universal Stella Nova Resort is a place where guests will take off for amazing adventures at the theme parks and touch down for relaxation and recharging in between the fun. Designed to reflect the infinite vastness of the universe – where galaxies spiral ever outward and unknown worlds revolve around unnamed stars – this hotel is highlighted in serene teals and calming purples to instantly put guests at ease.

Universal Terra Luna Resort represents another world within Universal Orlando – inviting guests to explore the unknown and step onto planets that have yet to be discovered. Here, guests will find themselves in the midst of an extraordinary landing zone within an awe-inspiring solar system – accented with fresh surroundings and terrestrial greens and golds.

Both properties offer 750 double-queen guest rooms that comfortably sleep up to four guests and feature spaceship-styled windows – making this the ultimate escape for guests looking to rest amongst stars and planets.

COSMIC-INSPIRED FOOD & BEVERAGE OUTLETS

• Stella Nova Resort and Terra Luna Resort offer a variety of unique dining options for guests looking to have a meal or grab a quick snack in between visits to the parks, including:
  • Cosmos Cafe and Market at Stella Nova Resort and Omega Cafe and Market at Terra Luna Resort – these quick service restaurants feature made-to-order American classics for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a selection of grab-and-go items.
  • Galaxy Bar and Galaxy Grill at Stella Nova Resort and Moonrise Bar and Moonrise Grill at Terra Luna Resort – guests can enjoy burgers, quesadillas and salads at these walk-up service pool bars and grills. Plus, guests 21 and older can purchase cocktails, beer and wine (with a valid photo ID).
  • Nova Bar at Stella Nova Resort and Luna Bar at Terra Luna Resort – each hotel’s lobby bar* will offer specialty cocktails curated with unique ingredients, along with the classics.

STELLAR AMENITIES

Stella Nova Resort and Terra Luna Resort are so much more than just places to sleep; each hotel offers a variety of incredible amenities for guests to kick back and enjoy dedicated resort days just as much as theme park days, including:

• Resort-style Pools – each hotel features a nearly 10,000 square foot pool with a relaxing hot tub, comfortable lounge and table-top seating in the pool area, a firepit and more. Plus, the whole family can enjoy the resorts’ recreational activities like poolside movies and outdoor games.
  • Fitness Centers – guests can take advantage of complimentary, state-of-the-art fitness centers featuring a variety of strength and cardio equipment – and, locker rooms with showers available for use on arrival and departure days.
  • Game Rooms – guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of standard arcade and video games in the hotels’ dedicated game rooms.
  • Recreation Rooms – each hotel features approximately 1,000 square-feet of multi-purpose space for small gatherings.
  • Universal Orlando Resort Stores – guests can purchase everything from sundries and necessities to Universal Orlando merchandise to commemorate their vacation.

EXCLUSIVE THEME PARK BENEFITS

Staying at any Universal Orlando Resort hotel is the best way to experience all that the destination has to offer with the inclusion of exclusive theme park benefits. Guests staying at Stella Nova Resort or Terra Luna Resort, or any of the other Universal Orlando hotels, can take advantage of Early Park Admission to Universal Volcano Bay and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal Islands of Adventure up to one hour before the park opens (valid theme park admission required), complimentary shuttle bus transportation to the theme parks and Universal CityWalk, resort-wide charging privileges, complimentary merchandise delivery and more.

Stella Nova Resort and Terra Luna Resort are adjacent to Universal Epic Universe and just minutes away from the existing Universal Orlando theme parks. More details about Epic Universe, which will open at a later date in 2025, will be revealed in the months ahead.

Guests can now book reservations or vacation packages at Stella Nova Resort and Terra Luna Resort. To learn more and to book a stellar getaway, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/StellaTerraResorts.

*Must be 21+ with valid photo ID to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages

###

About Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort is an award-winning theme park destination that welcomes all to truly be themselves while enjoying world-class attractions that redefine theme park experiences. Here, a multitude of

authentically thrilling, exciting and spontaneous adventures await – each inviting guests to embark on whatever vacation they crave while igniting their full range of emotions like never before – from the awe of walking the streets of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to the rush of adrenaline that takes over when coming face-to-face with a Velociraptor in Jurassic Park to the wide-eyed joy of seeing an entire slice of cake atop a delectable milkshake at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen.

The 700-acre resort is home to three exhilarating theme parks – Universal Studios Florida, Universal Islands of Adventure and Universal Volcano Bay – that boast some of the most innovative and immersive experiences ever created, with a fourth next-level theme park, Universal Epic Universe, on the way. Guests can also relish in exciting dining and entertainment at the Universal CityWalk entertainment complex and enjoy incredible accommodations and magnificent theming across eight hotels that offer something for every style and budget – Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside and Dockside Inn and Suites.

Universal Orlando Resort is a part of Universal Destinations & Experiences, a unit of Comcast NBCUniversal.

About Loews Hotels & Co

Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels & Co is rooted in deep heritage and excellence in service. The hospitality company encompasses branded independent Loews Hotels and a solid mix of partner-brand hotels. Loews Hotels & Co owns and/or operates 25 hotels and resorts across the U.S. and Canada, including eight hotels at Universal Orlando in partnership with Comcast NBC Universal. The newly opened Loews Coral Gables Hotel offers premier hospitality just four blocks from the city’s iconic Miracle Mile. Loews Arlington Hotel and Arlington Convention Center will open in 2024 in the city’s sports and entertainment district. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews Hotels portfolio features properties grounded in family heritage and dedicated to delivering unscripted guest moments with a handcrafted approach. For reservations or more information about Loews Hotels, call 1-800-23-LOEWS or visit: www.loewshotels.com

01_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Exterior.jpg

02_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Registration.jpg

03_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Guest Room.jpg

04_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Guest Bathroom.jpg

05_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Pool.jpg

06_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Galaxy Bar and Galaxy Grill.png

07_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Cosmos Cafe and Market.jpg

08_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Nova Bar.png

09_Universal Stella Nova Resort - Logo.png

01_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Exterior.jpg

02_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Registration.jpg

03_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Guest Room.jpg

04_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Guest Bathroom.jpg

05_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Pool.jpg

06_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Moonrise Bar and Moonrise Grill.png

07_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Omega Cafe and Market.jpg

08_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Omega Cafe and Market.jpg

09_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Luna Bar.png

10_Universal Terra Luna Resort - Logo.png

Did they hire Richard Branson to design the interior?  These looks like a ripoff of Virgin Las Vegas, just at a healthier price point.

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2024 at 7:39 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as being rude or cynical, but I do think there's a fair amount of recency bias with this project since there is so much information on social media with construction updates and speculation and the official press releases from Universal's official accounts.

As far as the scale of the project to me it's not that much different than IOA when it opened? Both had similar number of lands and major attractions and rides.

Spiderman, Hulk, Dragons, Stun Show, Poseidon Show, Popeye, Ripsaw, Jurassic Park, Camp Jurassic, Cat n Hat Ride, couple of flats and

Starfall Racers, Mario Dark Ride, Donkey Kong, Monster Dark Ride, Monsters Coaster, Dragon Coaster, Dragon Show, flat ride and splash battle, whatever is in the new Potter land.

Also don't get me wrong here, I am VERY excited to check this whole place out eventually, really really excited about it, but also don't know if there's anything that's goin to be truly ground breaking or revolutionary or "game changing" as so many fans keep referring to it as.

You didn't, no worries. And you made a valid point......................I just don't remember the others being such a big deal, anticipation wise. BUT as you point out there wasn't the daily social media/drone footage blitz going on AND to be fair some of those were at a time in my life when I wasn't focusing that much on theme parks. IOA for example, truly one of my favorite parks now, opened when I was about 30...........establishing a career and heavily involved in a completely different hobby that took a huge time and money commitment. About ten years later I had stopped such a huge commitment to the other thing and was introducing my son to theme parks and rediscovering in myself a long lost love for them. So all of that played a part in my probably not well thought out comment🤨

• Like 1