TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So we've all seen how creative parks sometimes get with their marketing of new attractions, especially when it comes to milking incredibly niche World Records.  What are some of your favorite weird records that parks have advertised, or what are some records you can think of on your own?

Fury 325 as the World's Tallest Giga is what really sent me...

Also, I'm pretty sure that Six Flags Magic Mountain is the only theme park in the world with two different mobius loop coasters.  That could be something.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait til you see how tall Elitch Gardens' Boomerang is!

Firebird: the 1st and only floorless coaster in all of...Maryland. The best part is that there are 3 other floorless coasters not far from SFA (Dominator, Hydra, Bizzarro), so they can't actually

Didn't Blackpool once claim a record for Big One of way taller than it actually was by saying "above sea level" or something crazy like that?!?!

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

SFFT is, I think, the only park with Two RMCs

they also have the 1st S&S Freespin in the United States

yeah it is. magic mountain is about to add a second RMC soon as well.

Firebird: the 1st and only floorless coaster in all of...Maryland.

The best part is that there are 3 other floorless coasters not far from SFA (Dominator, Hydra, Bizzarro), so they can't actually go any larger than just Maryland!

• Like 2

Didn't Blackpool once claim a record for Big One of way taller than it actually was by saying "above sea level" or something crazy like that?!?!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

Yes, that's right, it's always been marketed as being 235ft tall which is the height above sea level. By that measure, Nemesis is 475ft tall.

Big One's actual height is 213ft which I think still made it the tallest at the time. The speed record was always disputed by Kennywood with Steel Phantom.

OMG! Don't give Merlin any ideas!!! We're going to see all kinds of new merchandise next year with Nemesis at the world's tallest coaster!!! LOL!!!

• Haha 1
On 2/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, KarlaKoaster said:

Yes, that's right, it's always been marketed as being 235ft tall which is the height above sea level. By that measure, Nemesis is 475ft tall.

Big One's actual height is 213ft which I think still made it the tallest at the time. The speed record was always disputed by Kennywood with Steel Phantom.

And then Desperado opened at Buffalo Bill's and was recognized by Guinness World Records as the tallest even though it was 4 feet shorter than Big One and tied with Steel Phantom for drop height.  So much drama....

Although, by Blackpool's measuring standards, Desperado is actually about 2,800 ft tall.

• Haha 1
On 2/23/2021 at 11:02 PM, CedarFlags said:

Although, by Blackpool's measuring standards, Desperado is actually about 2,800 ft tall.

Wait til you see how tall Elitch Gardens' Boomerang is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3