TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Day In The Life Of YOUR TPR Visit!

Hey everyone!

After some very interesting information from that "How did you end up here" thread: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18607

I'm now wondering "What is everyone's TPR visit like?" Please give us a day in the life of your TPR visit!

I'm wondering stuff like:

- What board do you read first?

- How often do you visit? Every day, once a week, NEVER!

- How many pages through each board do you read? (meaning do you read just the first page of topics or multiple pages?)

- Are there certain types of posts you read more than others?

- Do you do anything else besides reading the forum (chat room, profile, searching, main site photos, etc)

- Tell us anything else you want about your TPR visits!

I know for me, since we're on the boards all the time, I usually just browse the front page of each forum starting with the Donkey board, then Random, then Ask Alvey, then the video games. (of course I read the super-uber secret UK Trip board, but I can't mention that here!)

So what is your TPR visit like?

--Robb "Always wondering how people find the site and what they do here!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually sit on the site all day and keep hitting refresh. This gives me the best opportunity to come up some sly smart-ass remark before Wes beats me to the punch.

Really ... I usually just go down the forums in order (Donkeys, Ask Alvey, Random, and UK Trip). I never really visit the games one, but every once in a while I will peak at some of the RCT screenshots.

Most of the time I forget to even check the Sticky topics. I probably read about half of the topics posted.

If the topic doesn't interest me .... I skip it.

If it is a TR and doesn't have pictures .... I usually skip it.

If the thread topic isn't specific .... I usually skip it.

Retro TRs rule!

Hey everyone!

The VIP board, if it has a new post. Second would be the donkeys forum.

- How many pages through each board do you read?

Um, are you asking how many threads or how many pages of threads? I usually only read the threads that I have interest in. I then may browse the other forums but don't contribute much in there.

I read pretty much every photo trip report. Oh yea, and the Family Guy quote thread (RIP )

- Do you do anything else besides reading the forum (chat room, profile, searching, main site photos, etc)

Chat at night sometimes, as well as the main site photos if I'm curious about something in particular.

Its such a fun place to be. The pretty calm yet humerous enviromnent and lack of idiots is really nice.

Ahh, good information. Perhaps a nice by product of this thread might help people create better topics? I too usually don't read TR's without photos, unless it's a park I'm really interested in or it's a slow day on the boards. Even one or two "teaser photos" or even photos that are from somewhere else to give some sort of visual IMO are better than a TR with no photos at all.

Interesting comment about missing the Sticky topics. Do other people do this to? (Always wondered if they really help or not)

--Robb

^ Similar. I have the forum page saved in favourites and usually the three to four hours a day I spend at home between classes finishing and going out for the night I'll have that minimised, just keep refreshing every once in a while. No need to visit the main site page, you email us if there's any updates! I'm sometimes here stupidly late at night UK time too as I do not sleep well.

I usually read the Not-So-Uber-Super-Secret UK Trip Board first, then go back to the top for Donkeys, Alveys, Random, etc. Generally I don't bother with the Games thread except for the occasional browse as I don't play.

I also don't read trip reports without photos, it just isn't the same somehow, you and Elissa have spoiled me with too many pictures! Over the summer when I was quite poorly I read through a lot of the older stuff that interested me on the boards so I now only read the topics with new posts.

EDIT: Two posts while I was typing that plus I forgot stuff. Don't usually chat because for some reason my computer seems to struggle with the chat room. Will search if there's something really specific I'm after. And I always check the stickies.

The first thing I check is super uber secret board that I cant talk about. Then Donkey board lately starting with the Florida thread. Then I check the random and Ask Alvey boards. Then I'll check to see if there's any new updates on the main page. Sometimes when I have nothing to do Ill look at some of the older TRs and park pics. I tend to often go back and reread the the Japan stuff. Japan just looks like so much fun.

Pete(Boston Guy)

When I am home the computer stays on so I can check out the web site (which everyone knows is quite a bit). I always check the roller coaster forum starting with the stickies and on the way down check out the other threads. Then its onto Random, Ask Alvey, then Coaster video games. I sometimes hang around the chat room when I see a few people in that room.

For me my most favorite topic is the Photo TRs. They are very great in helping Leanne and I decide which parks we want to go visit etc. Yes if there is a lot of reading involved I actually do read all the information since those sections usually have all kinds of great information (such as how to attack a park for the day etc.) This site really helped us in our planning of our trip last summer to Carowinds and SFoG (two parks we never have been to). Not only is the site informative its also a lot of fun!! Which I find very important. We try our best in posting decent Photo TRs (I still am learning its art) and some silly threads that can be found in the random section of the forums. I know many other sites have a "review" section that rates the rides, food etc. But I have to admit I prefer the set up that R&E have set up better. TPR feels much more like a community than some random TP web site, that's why I keep coming back.

What board do you read first?

Whenver I pop into TPR, I first check The donkeys board, then random, then Ask Alvey. I never go into the games board. I also check to see what topics I've been posting in got replies, or if there is any new topics that spark my interest in reading

How often do you visit? Every day, once a week, NEVER!

Oh man, I visit the boards every 10-20 minutes to see whats new.

How many pages through each board do you read? (meaning do you read just the first page of topics or multiple pages?)

Depends on the thread, if it's a good topic, I'll take my time and read everyones responses. If it's a photo TR for example, I'll read the TR and then

I read photo TR posts more than regular TRs. Plus if theres too much reading then I don't bother usually and breeze through it.

I always visit the chatroom, I check the main site when new photos are up.

Tell us anything else you want about your TPR visits!

I start my day by checking the TPR boards.

I read the roller coasters and donkeys then I read the VIP board and the random board. I read the other boards if they have new posts since my last visit.

I visit the site everyday!

- How many pages through each board do you read? (meaning do you read just the first page of topics or multiple pages?)

I always read the first page of topics!

I read the Stickies and I read any topics that I have interest in! I also like to read photo trip reports!

I go to the chat room if people are in the room. I use search if I see a thread that I think I have seen before and I search if I'm about to post something that I think has been posted before. I visited the main site to check for updates but I don't look at the photos unless there is a new update. I look at the profiles if I want to know more about the person or want to contact them.

I usually keep the site up while at work, and check it in between calls. Lately Ive mostly checked out the TP, RC and Ds board. If there seems to not be much activity, I will check out the General Discussion board. On the GDB I usually skip the stickies.

I love photo TRs, but probably my favorite threads are anything to do with construction, or the speculation of new rides.

If the topic doesn't interest me .... I skip it.

If it is a TR and doesn't have pictures .... I usually skip it.

If the thread topic isn't specific .... I usually skip it.

Retro TRs rule!

I am pretty much in this majority..

I get on early in the morning, read through the Random, Ask Alvey, and the T,R,&D boards. I will post any replies also. If I have something new, I post...The throughout the day, I refresh and keep up with whats going on. Occasionally I join chat if anyone is on.

Fave things to read..Random TR's, Photo TR's.

I start with donkey page than random and finally ask Avley. Once finished with those, I'll look at what other new topics have been posted. I'm usually here everyday at one point and also use the chat room late at night after getting home from work. My favorite post would be P:TR's because it gives me an idea of how the park really looks compared to just a regular TR.

This goes same with the main page, I like to look at the park photos before I head out to a new park because it gives me an idea what I'm in for the day.

Whenever I enter TPR I always look at the Theme Park, Roller Coasters, And donkeys forum first.

I visit the TPR every day!

I always read the first page and maybe the second and third.

Besides the forums I look at the photo gallery and watch the videos.

If it is a topic that I do not want to read i do not read it.

It if isn't a photo TR...i do not read it.

--Gaven

First I read the "roller coasters and donkeys", next the "random" and then the VIP board. After that I check the rest!

I visit the site every day in the morning and evening!

Mostly I read the first page of topics. Everything what is new to me!

Photo TR´s are my favorite threads. After that I read the rest.

If there new pictures on the main site, I check it. From time to time I visit the chat room!

Each day starts with checking the TPR boards!

I'm wondering stuff like:

Random, then Ask or Theme Parks. I usually open them in seperate tabs when I get to work.

I'm pretty much on here all day at work. Sad, yes.

First pages usually.

Posts started by posters I know/are good, anything that seems funny or interesting.

Chat when I'm really bored and there's enough people in there.

I really think we need a seperate forum for all the little board games (Rate the ____, The Guy Above Me, etc.). There's way too many of them and they clog up alot of Random.

Theme Parks, Donkeys, etc., next is Random, then Ask Alvey. I rarely go anywhere else.

Too much!!!

First page usually

I like to read Photo TRs and then read about other experiences in parks that I have and haven't attended. I will also read some threads in Random because it is usually.....Random!

I have gone in the chat room, search, profiles (in order to PM someone), and main site photos.

It helps to break up my day!

I always read the theme parks, roller coasters and donkey thread and then I usually spend most of my time on the random thread.

I visit everyday and Im usually on the board for a couple of hours on and off. I cant help it - U lot r awesome! Lol

Hmm... When I first came here, alot of the threads were into multiple pages and I didnt read them all and just picked them up when I could. But now I usually catch most threads from the start, so its all gd lol.

I love Photo TRs, anything Disney and usually just things that interest me. Being from Scotland, I didnt really know many parks/coasters till I came here, So sometimes if I dont know about a park/coaster I wont read the thread unless its a slow day.

Yeah, Ive had a look at all the photos on the main site. They are pretty cool and I love watching the videos 2!

They r fun! This forum is soo good with the nicest group of people ever!

I come here and visit the RCVG forum forst, I like to see others' progress.

Then I head to Theme Parks, Coasters, and Donkeys and look through the 1st page. I look at Sticky's!

Then I go to Random, look at a few Sticky's and threads, and sometimes I'll cruise to Ask Alvey.

I go into Chat a lot, it's a lot of fun in there to talk to everyone at once about just about anything

WHAT BOARD DO YOU READ FIRST?

When I log on to TPR, the first board I look at is Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys

HOW OFTEN DO YOU VISIT? EVERYDAY, ONCE A WEEK, NEVER!

I usually visit once a day and probably post like 10 times. At night I probably visit and hop on the chatroom.

How many pages through each board do you read? (meaning do you read just the first page of topics or multiple pages?)

I usually read the whole topic spending like 5-10 minutes on each topic.

ARE THERE CERTAIN TYPES OF POSTS YOU READ?

Photo TRs are pretty cool, any new coaster topic, local coasters or theme parks, and information about upcoming meets.

Do you do anything else besides reading the forum (chat room, profile, searching, main site photos, etc)

I use the chat room often, I love changing my profile, the main site phtos RULE, and the videos are sweet.

TELL US ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT ABOUT YOUR TPR VISITS!

TPR is awesome and I love talking to other people who enjoy coasters as much as me.

---Brent 8)

I read the board that doesn't exist first, then I click on 'view posts since your last visit' and skim the topic names for interesting sounding bits.

I rarely look at anything from the 'Random' threads, focusing mostly on Donkeys.

I look at the boards every day when at work, because Robb's servers insist on blocking my IP address at home.

I download videos, look at picture updates, etc.

I just wish I could I could use the site from the privacy of my home, so I could touch myself when I look at the pretty pictures.

Chris B

I'm usually all over the place. There isn't a specific one I usually hit up, but I do tend to bypass the "Sticky" forums and head directly to the regular forums.

How often do you visit?

TPR is the second website I visit in the morning and the last one before I go to bed. I usually spend 2-3 hours throughout the day, but I'm rarely online on the weekends.

How many pages through each board do you read?

If the topic interests me, I usually read the entire thing in one sitting.

Are there certain types of posts you read more than others?

I tend to favor Photo TRs, especially random ones!

Do you do anything else besides reading the forum?

I'll browse the Photo pages of different parks every now and then for nostalgic reasons. I download once in a blue moon, and I also chat whenever I can.

Tell us anything else you want about your TPR visits!

I love donkeys!

dang Robb, nosy much? lol.

- What board do you read first? - Random, Random, Random.

- How often do you visit? - several times a day, every day.

- How many pages through each board do you read? - i only read threads that have replies since my last visit. be it 1 thread or 1 page of threads.

- Are there certain types of posts you read more than others? I always read photo TRs, photochop/avatar contest threads, and anything in random that catches my attention.

- Do you do anything else besides reading the forum - check to see who's in chat and sometimes even go into chat...um...download videos that seem interesting, read massive R&E photo TR's that I might have fallen behind on or neglected. write and answer PMs.

- Tell us anything else you want about your TPR visits! - um..my visits are either lengthy or very short depending on the time I have to spend or my desire. sometimes I log in, check the random forum, and then click "mark all forums read". sometimes I'll log into TPR, go right into chat, and then check the forums while chatting. sometimes I just go skraight into chat and not read the forums at all.

I, being computer illiterate, tend to take the easy way out, and click on "view posts since your last visit" and go from there.

How often do you visit?

Usually once or twice a day at work, depending on how busy I am. Usually once in the evening from home. Again, depending on how busy we are, I might visit a few times a day on my days off.

How many pages through each board do you read?

Again, I tend to start with "new posts" and go from there. There are just way too many topics on each board to just sit and browse... I am a working mom and wish I had more time to spare!

Are there certain types of posts you read more than others?

I tend to read things that are either A) with regard to a topic that interests me (ie WDW, PKI, HW, reality tv, news items, people's kids, random TR) B) Written by someone whose posts I enjoy reading (You, Elissa, Soren, Gregg, Julie, Wally and others) and C) sound like something interesting, even if it's not necessarily a topic I think I am interested in.

Do you do anything else besides reading the forum?

Love to look at all your pictures, old and new... sometimes chat

Two things I would love to see..... #1...theme nights in chat and #2 some way of breaking down the topics even more so that maybe there would be subtopics (ie Disney Parks, Midwestern Parks, etc)

You guys are great and I really feel like I have become part of such a fun community, even though I am not the typical "coaster enthusiast". I am looking forward to meeting you and Elissa sometime in the future, and would be happy to play tour guide to any of my fellow TPR pals if they come to visit Cincy! (Wally and Karen are already in my datebook for 5/29/06!!)

Shari