TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I apologize, not a press release, but an article in USA Today. Can't seem to copy and paste here from my phone, but the article is quoted in the Six Flags Corporate Discussion thread

yeah i saw it here on this link: http://www.myfoxzone.com/story/29960992/new-rides-announced-for-six-flags-over-texas-fiesta-texas . At the end of the Joker's description it says that the "Joker will also include unique features based on its Batman branding. For example, riders will brave "Harley Quinn's Tunnel of Fear," an underground section that will be filled with fog, lighting, and sound effects." I'm just wondering where it's going to placed.

I just watched the POV to try to figure out where the tunnel would be. The only part I could assume would be over the final airtime hill before the break run. I guess it could also be over the first drop, but I would hope not.

Am I the only one who is excited to see RMC doing a nice curved drop?? Don't get me wrong I LOVE the airtime on all of the RMC Coasters to date, but it is nice to see them doing something aside from either a straight drop, or an inverted drop! No doubt in my mind either that there will be amazing airtime in the back row on the first drop of this coaster too!!!

^I'd just like to point out how well that concept art summarizes four of the premier coaster manufacturers in America right now.

You have a big, floaty B&M thats always been a *good* ride, seems to have always been there without changing all too much.

You have a really unique Intamin launch coaster that made the best use of its space/restrictions possible and is a really cool ride (when it's operating).

You have the shiny Premier launcher that's really short and packs a nice punch...

And you have the ridiculous new RMC, displayed proudly in the center. That's a really cool image, IMO.

I just watched the POV to try to figure out where the tunnel would be. The only part I could assume would be over the final airtime hill before the break run. I guess it could also be over the first drop, but I would hope not.

My money for the tunnel will be at the beginning before the lift.

My money for the tunnel will be at the beginning before the lift.

I am with you on this theory.

Correct. That tunnel is definitely not on the POV animation

There was also no mention of it in the press release from Six Flags, or on the Six Flags section on the ride (https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/attractions/new-2016/facts).

I feel like if there was some effects filled tunnel they'd include it on the list of facts, right?

But yeah, if there is one I think the section at the beginning of the lift is the area that makes the most sense.

I would be so psyched if they put in a tunnel with special effects, especially before the lift.The pre-lift seems awfully bare and boring in POV

Bare, and Boring are not words ever associated with an RMC coaster. With or without a tunnel it will still be an amazing addition to the park, and the pre-lift will be awesome either way.

So, just went ahead and got 2016 passes, but have a few questions...

1) Will the 2015 Bring-A-Friend Days work for 2016 passes? Doesn't seem like I can access the online account until I actually process the passes in person, so I'm not sure what benefits I have just yet...if you know of a way to access the account before processing the passes, that would be helpful. Extremely important actually because we want to bring friends the first time we go.

2) Can you Bring-A-Friend free to a park that isn't your home one? Definitely confusion surrounding this one...we had Magic Mountain passes last time even though we lived near Vallejo (wanted to be able to get into the water park down South), but the Six Flags site never makes it clear. I've assumed that your "home" area which is where you get the e-mails is where perks like those would only apply...but who knows?

Also, didn't this site have a Water World thread? Curious about using 2016 passes their for 2015 Bring-A-Friend days since they just clip the damn cards anyway (you get two corners to clip per pass).

Edited by CoastersOnly

Its a pre-lift....seriously?

TC at SFMM has an awesome pre-lift track sequence. According to the POV rendering of Joker, it doesn't have the twisted goodness of TC's pre-lift area, but then again, the rendering doesn't show the tunnel either. Let's hope they're keeping some cards up their sleeves.

So, just went ahead and got 2016 passes, but have a few questions...

1) Will the 2015 Bring-A-Friend Days work for 2016 passes? Doesn't seem like I can access the online account until I actually process the passes in person, so I'm not sure what benefits I have just yet...if you know of a way to access the account before processing the passes, that would be helpful. Extremely important actually because we want to bring friends the first time we go.

2) Can you Bring-A-Friend free to a park that isn't your home one? Definitely confusion surrounding this one...we had Magic Mountain passes last time even though we lived near Vallejo (wanted to be able to get into the water park down South), but the Six Flags site never makes it clear. I've assumed that your "home" area which is where you get the e-mails is where perks like those would only apply...but who knows?

Also, didn't this site have a Water World thread? Curious about using 2016 passes their for 2015 Bring-A-Friend days since they just clip the damn cards anyway (you get two corners to clip per pass).

1. they did for me last year. I brought my friend in september in 2014 on my 2015 gold pass. It was insanely packed, the worst i'ver ever seen it. worse then my last visit even. Would not recommend doing this month's bring a friend unless you really want to.

2. I never tried using it at six flags magic mountain, but they after dffrent bring a friend days then SF:DK so my guess is no.

SF:DK was "attached" to Water world at cal Expo but six flags sold that off and it's not a independent water park. It was a fun park but its like 65 miles away from SF:DK. It was a very strange concept to me though it was a really nice perk for valley residents.

also to reamake the pointSF:DK season passes do not work at water world @ cal expo. six flags no longer owns that water park.