TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park hauntings and ghosts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Island apparently has a lot of people haunting it! I've heard like 4 different stories... all of which I'm sure have been embellished a great deal but here is what I've heard:

1) The story of "Tower Johnny" which if you've read this entire thread you know who he is by now

2) There is supposed to be a ghost of an old man that roams the station of the Beast after the rides close and included in the legend is that he tests the trains after everyone leaves (hearing the trains echoing throughout the woods as the employees were leaving have reported... but don't you think they'd have go to check?

3) A little boy roams inside the fence under and around the Racers (no details as to how he got there)

4) Apparently in the upstairs kitchen of one of the restaurants on the midway is haunted by a chef who died up there, he he died I do not know

I only believe the "Tower Johnny" story (just because it's fun to believe in!) but I have no idea how credible the sources I got the other stories from are (I'm assuming not very good!) but I still thought they were fun!

On the topic of PGA, what's this about Top Gun being haunted? I know some trespasser got kicked in the head by a trainload of passengers when he went to retrieve his hat or something. On the humorous side of things when I was hearing of PGA being haunted, my friend and I were making new names for the rides/attractions such as Top Gun: The Jet Ghoster, Invertighost, Boo!-merang Bay, etc.

I wonder if the Top Gun incident as well as the dropzone incident would have anything to do with PGA's hauntings that was discovered.

At SFGAv, Iv'e had a lot of things happen to me, and I don't believe in ghosts, but here it goes:

Iv'e heard that when you are on Batman: The Ride you cans ee the ghost. This is what some kid was saying to his friend while we were in line for Chiller , which is very creepy if you are by yourself. They said, at the toop of the lift, if you look to the right you will see a white light/figure. Later when i rode Batman I tried this, and it was true, but it was probably just the time iof day. it could of been a reflection of the sun coming off a rail or support.

Iv'e heard a lot of ghost stories. iv'e been stuck in the break run on Batman twice, my first time when I was 10. It was at night and it scared me to death. And I thought I heard the train come into the break run, so i yelled up to the front row, and they said the train was still infront of them. That was scary!

An other story Iv'e heard was the night of the Lightnin' Loops accident, some staff memebrs were working under the two loops, and they heard a scream of a girl, but when this happened, the park was closed and empty.

This happened on June 26th 2004. We were stopped in the break run (normally) and we were joking about the ghost. I lifted mey legs and crossed them, and put muy fingers together (looking like I was medatating) and stated saying: "The ghost of Karen Brown come out were ever you are!" But it was as a joke. The next thinI knew, my brother looked next to him and went: Holy $#!T!. My friend (fjetsr)said: Woow look at that. it was a white figure/light (simular to what I saw on the lift) floating above our row. Only ours! If youv'e ever been on SFGAv Batman the Ride, you will know that the different lights in the break run play tricks on our eyes! There are always explanations for what happens.

Story 1

This is one that I can confirm that this is definately true!! Ok, so we all know the story about the whole Lightening Loops disaster. Well they put Batman TR right on the spot where LL once stood. Now when your alone in the station you can hear all kinds of creepy stuff. I've been in there by myself and have heard a girl moaning and then I heard footsteps...mind you I was the only one there. Also, some of the mechanics were taking the trains off for the night, and when they had one of the trains pulling into the station, they saw a girl sitting in the front row. Whats even creepier is that the sensors on the ride have picked up "ghost trains" running on the track when the ride was shutdown.

Story 2

This one started way back when they were building chiller. There was a worker who was doing some work on the spike of Robin and ended up falling to his death. I'm guessing something went wrong with the safety harnass. Well to this day if you are in chiller by yourself you hear all kinds of things, moaning, and one occasion it called out the name of one of my sups. Things also tend to move on their own in there like trash cans. Whats even creepier is that one night after the park closed one of the female sups was inside the station and went into one of the closets to get cleaning supplies and well she was locked inside (she was inside alone) so finally the ghost let her out and to this day she refuses to go in there alone.

Also about chiller, the ops booth tends to be home to a few raccoons every now and then...just a little fun fact for ya.

Story 3

Here is another story it comes from the "Fun Factory" this is the legend there used to be a water slide there called the "Asian Towers" and a little girl she was nine and getting ready to go down the slide and right before she did an asthma attack came so they called the paramedics and by the time they got their she was dead.

A couple years later you have the Fun Factory though here is the scary part of this myth/legend my sup was in the Fun Factory with another sup and they said they were cleaning up one night after the park closed, they knew about the myth though they didn’t believe in it. Man were they wrong so they were cleaning like usual and then my sup went to go clean the upstairs and he stepped a foot on the first step going up and every single light in the house went out except for a little light from a game in the back on the second floor... He said when that happened him and the other sup dropped their vacuums and ran.

Now for another sighting from one of my fellow employee friends the person was working the Fun Factory that night and when the park closed she had to go around and clean everything so she started to clean and all of a sudden (keep in mind no one is in here with her and no one is in the area since the park is closed) she walks up to the second floor and those swingy things were moving not just a little like from a soft wind but violently and she said she saw a little girl in the distance behind one of the pillars so like my other two sups she dropped her stuff and ran and she said that she will never go back in there at night even with people.

Story 4

This is about car 13. Legend has it that the spirits of those who were burned alive in the fire posessed car number 13. One night when the power was off, Car number 13 started driving around by itself. So the car ended up being chained under Batman the ride, well until this past summer when they cleaned out all the junk. I don't know where the junk is now or car 13 for that matter.

Story 5

This is about Skull. I will admit that Skull did really freak me out one night it was after closing and the park was almost empty, there was like no lights on in the station I was just about to shut it off and a suddenly a voice came to my ear it was a faint little girl and it freaked me out really bad so I turned the key and flipped the switch and high tailed it out of there. Since that day I will not go in skull at night by myself anymore

Well that is all for me for know with the stories these are the ones the employees always talk about^_^ I hope they give you a scare

Hmm. Interesting topic.

Now, I'm not like obsessed with ghosts or anything, but has anyone else noticed that many photos from TPR's TRs contain orbs. Now I'm not saying that every little odd piece of light is a ghost (I hate people who do that), but they seem pretty consistent. Most notably:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23415&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10&sid=c5b8b2b550501036dd6eb1f4dd2d01a2 (See photo of Robb doing the hula).

http://www.themeparkreview.com/haunt2005/haunt1.htm (Many photos in this update contain orbs. Have a look.)

• 5 months later...

I haven't seen any yet but I've heard of at SFGADV Batman: The Ride and Autobahn are haunted. If you go on Batman at night at the top of the lift look to the right and you will probably see a white figure floating there. Also the story about Autobahn is that one night some park employees saw one of the cars moving on it's own. Of course it was the number 13 car. Now if you are in the front row to the left seat of Batman look down on the final brake run and you can see the 13 car chained to the station of Batman. BIG TIME WEIRDNESS if you ask me.

• 3 months later...

I know Conneaut Lake Park

Here area few of my experienses and no I am not exadurating.

At the end end of Oct. I voulenteer to help at their clean up the park even.

I was painting a the old wing on the the 3 floor of Hotel Conneaut and I keep hearing foot steps as though a little kid was unning down the hall and I turned to look and see if anyone was there and no one was there.

Also that night I got a free room at the hotel and my room was next to the room of the most famous ghost Elizabith she died in the early 19's when half the hotel burned. and the room she was staying in survived and today it is decorated with her old belonging that she never go packed up. But anyway It was the middle of the night I was laying there when I heard a noise and looked up and saw a shadow of what looked like a man in old clothes from the early 19's. It was the for a sec then dissapered.

The next day I had volunteered to run the train for the last night of there haunted train and my friend that I worked with in the summer volunteered to scare. And at 7 we had an hour till the train opened so mike costello got someone to let us into the hotel so We can get warmed up.

When we got there my friend said he had to go to the rest room and he was opening the door slowly and said I hear wispers coming from inside he turned on the light and no one was there.

After that we were chilling in the TV loung when I said it would be cool if John ( A ghost that haunts the TV Lounge) would appper. Right after I said that we heard crashes coming from up stairs. We ignored It until the parks event Cordinato came in and the said the train is cancelled due to flooding. Before he left I asked is there anyone up staires and another crash happened. We all went up staires and when we reached the top of the staires the sounds stoped and their was no one there.

lol, The UK Trippers can help me out with this one!

Im into the "Ghost Scene" Myself. And while I was on the UK Trip, I did some "investigating" myself!

Splash Landings Hotel (One Of Many Hotels Located at Alton Towers)

I was able to meet up with a Gentleman who worked at the hotel. He told me about how a couple people have died at the Hotel. They have the usual stuff happen, lights go out, doors open / close etc. He took me around the hotel, showed me where people have died, showed me where he had experienced things. It was rather fun. While we were in the Kitchen, where i guess one of the "spirits" likes to play. We heard some noises and bangs. Nothing out of the ordinary. Thats my story...*sigh* not as cool as Water bottles and soda sightings!

I guess this is why I was late to our ERT on Rita the next morning!

-Ryan

The Bluestreak at Conneaut Lake Park is also haunted.

The guy that I worked with on the Bluestreak owned a ghost of Conneaut Lake Park book. It says the tunnel is haunted by a little girl.

But the wierdest is he said one time when he was running it he showed the girl he was working with the book. It talks about a sailor that haunted the streak and wired things happen on the anniversity of his death from when he fell of the streak in the 40's. When she was reading the book she says I wonder when the anniversity is. And just as she said that the lift stops and the train gets stuck.

Wierd

Although I don't believe in "ghosts", I do find the stories interesting to read and the movies and TV shows about ghosts fun to wach. Although, some stories definitely creep me out, it all depends on how it is told....

I really think the stories about Kings Island are the creepiest, mainly because it's a park I've actually been to that has ghost stories. And what creeps me out the most are the stories about the Beast, it's in the the perfect location for any ghost because it is in the forest, and if you ride it when crowds are low and you have to walk through the queue by yourself, it feels really...odd.

at SFMM

Revolution - formerly the 76er - On roller coaster a girl working as an attendant was crushed and dragged by incoming cars when she accidentally stepped onto the track. Some employees mention that they have seen their co-worker by the tracks in the train station or in the tunnel shortly after the loop on the coaster. They mentioned that they saw the apparition and another employee mentioned they heard screams on another occasion. It appears these incidents happen after closing around 1 AM in the morning for some odd reason. The employee had been killed though during business hours.

Colossus - there's supposedly a child in a striped shirt who occasionally can be seen at night running through the supports underneath Colossus. That, and sometimes at night the lift chain can be heard running and the clanking of the anti-rollbacks, despite the ride being shut down for the night

source: http://theshadowlands.net/places/california2.htm

BPB is haunted. the Haunted Mansion is with a ghost called Cloggs who stole my hat (it fell off, out of reach of the ride and ride ops went to get it, but none of them could find it. im guessing some idiot climbed outta the car and got it)

I also heard that AT is haunted, it was where the zip-wire platform was...

TP has... i saw someone in the tunnel of NI... freaked me out because i went to kick him by it was only air...

BPB is haunted. the Haunted Mansion is with a ghost called Cloggs who stole my hat (it fell off, out of reach of the ride and ride ops went to get it, but none of them could find it. im guessing some idiot climbed outta the car and got it)

TP has... i saw someone in the tunnel of NI... freaked me out because i went to kick him by it was only air...

Wow, so if someone is working in a tunnel then youll reach out and kick them? Wow

Wow, so if someone is working in a tunnel then youll reach out and kick them? Wow

no...

it wasnt someone working otherwise they wouldve moved well before... we entered the tunnel, i got a quick glimpse of him/her before we got where he/she was standing and then he disappeared

• 4 weeks later...