TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

If SFA didn't already have Apocalypse, I would say I could see Cobra moving there. How likely could it be that SF moves it to Great Escape?

The ride shouldn't be moved, it should be left to rust away in a field or melted down and recycled to make iron horse track for La Ronde's disaster of a wood coaster.

If SFA didn't already have Apocalypse, I would say I could see Cobra moving there. How likely could it be that SF moves it to Great Escape?

The ride shouldn't be moved, it should be left to rust away in a field or melted down and recycled to make iron horse track for La Ronde's disaster of a wood coaster.

I have personally never been on Cobra, so I don't have an opinion either way. I'm just going off of SF history or relocating more rides than scrapping them.

The ride shouldn't be moved, it should be melted down and recycled to make iron horse track for La Ronde's disaster of a wood coaster.

What a dynamite idea! I couldn't possibly think of a finer legacy for this old intamin stand-up.

La Ronde just announced the permanent closure of the Pitoune, the park's classic log flume ride, after 50 seasons of operation. I imagine they probably discovered a serious security problem for taking such a decision (it wouldn't be a very good/interesting spot to build a new ride since most of the flume is over the lake or very close to it).

https://www.sixflags.com/larondeen/attractions/pitoune

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/end-of-an-era-la-ronde-puts-the-pitoune-to-bed-1.3432551

Edit : I've corrected the link on La Ronde's website, the previous one was broken.

Edited by booink

^ Because...ya know...it's La Ronde.

All kidding aside, I agree with the OP that it was likely a maintenance issue with getting replacement parts, or it was structurally not safe and they decided to invest the capital elsewhere.

Or maybe they'll take it out and build a Shoot The Rapids clone?

Sad to hear the park is removing a log flume. They are such classic, family friendly attractions.

What ever you do, don't let CoasterBill find out about this!! He might have a heart attack!!

Sad to hear the park is removing a log flume. They are such classic, family friendly attractions.

What ever you do, don't let CoasterBill find out about this!! He might have a heart attack!!

I expect this kind of crap from La Ronde. This was easily the best ride in the park. I'm sort of glad it's being removed so I'm never tempted to go back to this place if I'm in the area.

Sad to see the flume go. It was one of the few good rides at La Ronde, so this leaves Le Batman: The Ride, La Goliath, and maybe the new La Frisbee.

Is there anyone who is right to the coasterbill bullshit?

I've read this question several times and still have no idea what you're trying to say.

I've read this question several times and still have no idea what you're trying to say.

I'm sure that if you wrote in his native language, he would not understand you either.

I'm sure that if you wrote in his native language, he would not understand you either.

Love his location "not the US!"

I may have the opportunity at some point in the next two years to visit the park. Is it worth going to just for the hyper, especially if I have never done one before?

I may have the opportunity at some point in the next two years to visit the park. Is it worth going to just for the hyper, especially if I have never done one before?

He is from Italy if you must know.

He is from Italy if you must know.

Interesting. Always good to have a range of cultures and people around. And, yes, I almost asked where.

This is true. I'm not familiar with the Italian language, and I'm sure if I tried to speak it, it would come off as a garbled mess. My apologies, Livai