TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least Favorite Intamin?

One of my least favorite Intamin rides is their drop towers and Gyro-Drops. I hate being slowly lifted hundreds of feet into the air, to just sit there.... and then drop straight back down. No thank you. The anxiety that it causes me is not worth it. One of the few rides I'll actually skip at parks.

But isn't the point of drop towers to be dropped down? I do prefer S&S and Larson towers though as you can actually feel freefall on those.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever ridden an Intamin I didn't enjoy in some fashion. My least favorite is probably Volcano The Blast Coaster. Two very good launches, then it just kind of meanders around for a while then you're back at the break run. It's still a fun coaster, just one that isn't really worth the constantly long wait. Of the 3 trips I've made down to KD, it's been the longest wait every single time, usually sitting around 30-60 minutes when all the other coasters are station waits, walk ons, or 5 minute waits.

Of the ones I've been on, the standups they built are uniformly bad. Green Lantern at SFMM sucks and that's even sadder having been on Insane at Grona Lund and knowing what that ride style has going for it at best. Pegasus at Efteling was bottom tier stuff; tracked fine, did absolutely nothing. Haven't been on any of their big multi-inversion sitdown rides in many years bur wouldn't be surprised if Colossus/Avalancha/etc was Arrow rough based on most of the descriptions given now by riders. Anything else is something I haven't been on and won't speak of.

I-305. Plopped down in a dirt field, CF has a knack for that. No interesting views, just a bunch of snapping. As a lift enthusiast, I couldn't even enjoy that as I was held back by shoulder straps; even if had lap bars, it heads in a direction with no good view.

Reminds me of a RCT (Roller Coaster Tycoon) coaster with a very high intensity rating, but very low excitement rating. What a waste. It also had the shortest wait when I was there. They could have done so much with that all that money.

I-305. Plopped down in a dirt field, CF has a knack for that. No interesting views, just a bunch of snapping. As a lift enthusiast, I couldn't even enjoy that as I was held back by shoulder straps; even if had lap bars, it heads in a direction with no good view.

Reminds me of a RCT (Roller Coaster Tycoon) coaster with a very high intensity rating, but very low excitement rating. What a waste. It also had the shortest wait when I was there. They could have done so much with that all that money.

Hahahaha. Your complaints are so superficial. Way to be a contrarian.

Are you being serious right now? Even if you were underwhelmed by it, is it really the "worst Intamin". I mean come on...

We all have our opinions, it would be boring if we agreed on everything.

For example, someone listed American Eagle as the worst Intamin; personally, I love that ride. But I respect their different opinion.

Perhaps I emphasized the wrong things on my I-305 opinion. The main point is it's super intense, but void of fun (for me).

We all have our opinions, it would be boring if we agreed on everything.

For example, someone listed American Eagle as the worst Intamin; personally, I love that ride. But I respect their different opinion.

Perhaps I emphasized the wrong things on my I-305 opinion. The main point is it's super intense, but void of fun (for me).

I love American Eagle, but I can at least see why people don't like it very much. But on the other hand, I found I305 to be the best coaster I've ever ridden, so I found your complaints hilarious!

As for this thread:

Least Favorites: Woodstock Express - CGA

La Vibora - SFOT

One of the impulses? Green Lantern? Skull Mountain?

There's so many Intamins FAR FAR worse than I305 by default, even if you do somehow hate it.

Are you being serious right now? Even if you were underwhelmed by it, is it really the "worst Intamin". I mean come on...

Ha!

My vote goes to Green Lantern for obvious reasons.

Although not the worst, I found Wicked Twister to be kinda....bleh. I loved Possessed, but I found WT to be rougher. Anyone else feel this way?

Although not the worst, I found Wicked Twister to be kinda....bleh. I loved Possessed, but I found WT to be rougher. Anyone else feel this way?

I didn't find WT rougher per say, it was just underwhelming after being a big fan of Possessed. Since WT is bigger and faster I was really looking forward to riding it but it was underwhelming. Sitting in the back on Possessed and going up the straight back spike (and then dropping) made a huge difference to me. Love Possessed to death, one of my "wish I had one in my backyard" coasters, WT sits WAY lower on my rankings.

I think a lot of this has to do with the company the rides keep at their respective parks. Possessed is easily one of the better/smoother/more intense experiences at Dorney, while WT shares its park with Maverick, Millennium, Dragster, Raptor, Magnum, etc. After doing all that it was much easier to be let down by WT.

I rode Maverick back in 2007 and even though it was a solid coaster, the restraints at the time were horrible. I bashed my head at least twice and that killed the experience (though I want to ride it again and have an updated opinion)

Same thing with Skyrush. Great ride, but the restraints were just TERRIBLE and super uncomfortable. I know there is a special technique to sitting down when riding it to make it more comfortable, but in my opinion a ride shouldn't require a special technique to riding it for it to be enjoyable. You should just be able to sit down and ride as you would on any other coaster.

Mick Doohan's Motocoaster would be my pick. Good concept, terrible execution. The ride does very little with its speed, notwithstanding the bizarre restraints.

Agreed. I thought the ride was pathetic. Disaster Transport was pretty lame, too. Every other Intamin ride I've been on is pretty darn good.

Same thing with Skyrush. Great ride, but the restraints were just TERRIBLE and super uncomfortable. I know there is a special technique to sitting down when riding it to make it more comfortable, but in my opinion a ride shouldn't require a special technique to riding it for it to be enjoyable. You should just be able to sit down and ride as you would on any other coaster.

What technique? All you do is sit down all the way back and pull the bar over. Done. I even got stapled the first time I rode it on opening day 2012 (back when I guess the restraint padding was worse...?), and I came off with no problems. I will say that I have very strong legs and thighs, so maybe I have a higher tolerance than most people.

Supersonic Odyssey. One of the few coasters I didn't find some enjoyment from.

Kanonen would be a distant second because Helix pretty much makes it obsolete (plus my last ride wasn't that comfortable).

Edited by cookiex

It's hard for me to think of any Intamin I totally disliked and found no redeeming value for, but if I had to pick one, I'd have to agree about Flashback. But even then, that coaster could have been greatly improved (no, I don't think it would have ever been a great coaster due to its repetitive design) with different trains and restraints. I always felt like I was sitting in a big tub I could barely see out of while getting my ears bashed in when riding it.

There are a few other Intamins that I find underwhelming and not up to "standard" as it were. Those include KK - the restraints and rattling totally kill any re-rideablity it might have had (IMO TTD is quite re-rideable) and Maverick, which was pretty much killed for me because of the restraints. I have always sensed that there is a really fun coaster hiding there somewhere, but I've never been able to experience that because every time I have ridden it I have had to struggle to avoid having my ears bashed. I am hoping to get to CP this year and I look forward to riding it with the new restraints so I can finally enjoy and appreciate it without the head-bashing.