TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unique Coaster Combinations

I was having a bit of a procrastination from work looking at the ride selections at several parks I've yet to visit. I was having a look at which parks had the most B&M coasters (SF Great Adventure it turns out), and then I noticed that there are some roller-coaster combinations which seem to be rather rare.

It turns out that there are no theme parks that have a stand-up rollercoaster and a B&M Dive Coaster. This made me think if there are any other combinations which are rare or non-existant.

Here were a few I found:

-The only park you can ride a Dive Coaster and a Floorless B&M coaster is Janfusun Fancyworld

-The only park you will be able to ride a Dive Coaster and an indoor rollercoaster is Efteling (well, will be as of this summer)

-The only park you can ride both a Vekoma SLC and a B&M Inverted coaster is La Ronde (there were a lot to search through, so I might have missed some...it's rare anyway)

Any others people have found that are unique or rare...as you can clearly see I've barely made it outside of thinking about Dive Coasters!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Just shows how easy it is to trick the GP ... But in all seriousness, I don't blame them. As someone who's been to that park quite a few times, I can say that, while Ednor (SLC) is probably not a very good ride (never actually done it) compared to Vampire (B&M... & best coaster in Canada IMO), I have to say Ednor looks way more enticing to ride just based on appearance alone (which is what the GP I know usually base what they'll ride on). The ride looks great; nice colour scheme, in addition to being placed over the water with the Montreal skyline in the background.

Heide Park is the only park in which you can ride a Wing Rider and a Bobsled-style coaster, and also the only one with a Dive Coaster and a Bobsled.

Cedar Point of course knocked down a Bobsled to build a Wing Rider!

Arrow suspended generates a few more since so rare.

B&M wing and Arrow suspended is uniquely found at Cedar Point

B&M flying and Arrow suspended is uniquely found at Magic Mountain

I'll leave out...

Intamin inverted and Arrow suspended is uniquely found at Cedar Point

since "Intamin inverted" is a less distinct and more commonly duplicated ride type than the B&M designs.

You cannot ride a B&M Dive Coaster and a Gerstlauer Eurofighter in the same park (this, in part, is due to the distribution of Eurofighters and the avoidance of parks having more than one vertical drop)

Kings dominion...3 style of launched coaster (family, inverted and multi looping)

universal orlando resort...a launched coaster from 3 of the top manufactures (premier, B&M and intamin)

Himeji Central Park is the only place you can ride an inverted B&M and a Togo of any kind.

I'm not sure if this counts but SFGAm is the only SF park that has 4 wooden coasters.

More surprisingly, SFStl is the only SF park with three woodies.

The only park where you can still ride 5 Arrow Dynamics coasters is Cedar Point: Corkscrew, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Gemini, Iron Dragon and Magnum XL-200. Honorable mention for being able to ride 3 Arrow Dynamic Coasters UNDER 2500 feet long is Valleyfair with Corkscrew, Excalibur and Mad Mouse.