TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I noticed in the video is the same type of coaster track was used in every shot there was a coaster. But it had quite a few different types of trains running on it. From Traditional Corkscrew (which is what you'd expect) to Timberliners! It seems like maybe train types aren't completely limited to track.

Also, two new ride images were released a few days ago.

12593991_359206020870201_3347543352591936245_o.thumb.jpg.2465fe91857492733ded958e1fbfe5dc.jpg

12622149_359205834203553_2380347660714331841_o.thumb.jpg.afba34851e6e4785856aa87ca9be5b85.jpg

That last dev video looked wonderful! I can now see why they had focused on the guests in the first video. The charm and depth from RCT3 is definitely showing through this, as well as the whole new style in the rides, shops, queues, and even the people's clothing styles. I'm still debating pre-ordering this, but I'm leaning towards actually doing it.

The only thing keeping me from preordering is will it run on PC, my PC runs RCT3 perfectly but this looks like it will need a serious machine to run it. I'm going to have to do my homework but I'm terrible with computers. Do you think this game would run on a PC that can handle rct3 at full graphics ?

The only thing keeping me from preordering is will it run on PC, my PC runs RCT3 perfectly but this looks like it will need a serious machine to run it. I'm going to have to do my homework but I'm terrible with computers. Do you think this game would run on a PC that can handle rct3 at full graphics ?

RCT 3 is ancient by modern standards, and will run maxed out on pretty much anything you can buy now. Planet Coaster's requirements are going to be much steeper; the graphics are a huge leap forward, and I can all but guarantee there's a lot more going on behind the scenes as far as AI, physics, etc. Because of the type of game it is, I'm sure they're hoping to appeal to casual gamers too, so it'd be a pretty poor move on the devs part if it required a completely crazy top of the line rig. Still, it's going to require quite a bit more than RCT, so that's not going to be a very safe way to judge.

I've seen a few sites post system requirements for the game, but I don't think any are official yet.

Still, might be able to help a bit. If you don't have any idea what kind of hardware is in your computer, you can start here. The site (it's safe and reputable) will run a small program and come up with all the information you need about the components in your system. Try that, post what you have at least for CPU, memory, and graphics card. Should at least be able to give you some idea of if it'll work well or at all for PC.

In layman's terms;

If you can run a multi-coaster, and multi-ride park in NoLimits2 at full specs, then you should have little to no issues with Planet Coaster.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's still a fair comparison.

In layman's terms;

If you can run a multi-coaster, and multi-ride park in NoLimits2 at full specs, then you should have little to no issues with Planet Coaster.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's still a fair comparison.

I mean, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 was pretty bad though in terms of computer power vs graphics quality. You needed a workstation grade machine to run the game at any setting above the lowest. I'd bet that a gaming computer from several years ago would be able to run Planet Coaster with little issue at a "good" setting, same with NoLimits 2.

Plus, I'm sure they have the quality turned all the way up for the videos they put out for obvious reasons. Once the game actually comes out, I'm sure they'll hopefully have lots of options to turn down the graphics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The game looks beautiful, sure, but... we haven't reallys een much about what it has to offer amusement-park wise. all they ever talk about is character animation, theming, and how the entertainers/shopkeepers interact with their enviroment. Call me crazy but, I kinda wanna see more about the actual RIDES. I don't think we've even seen a single non-coaster tracked ride, have we?

And as it stands, I've seen more kinds of coasters in RCTW than I have here, and that's really saying a lot given how few coasters are in RCTW.

EDIT - Okay apparantly I've missed the latest dev diary, which does go a bit more into parkbuilding, but... Seriously, it seems like right now there's at best, three types of coasters we've seen (corkscrew, B&M, B&M inverted) but with a whole bunch of trains.

I know there's a very good chance there's much more to the game than what we've seen, but... We haven't even seen a wooden coaster yet. For all we know, this game has a more limited ride selection than RCTW...

Yeah, but at least they have proved Planet Coaster to be a more solid game than RCTW. Coasters are the main focus, and I'm certain without a doubt that Frontier will implement thrill rides, dark rides, and anything else we can imagine, Remember, they made RCT3. I have a lot of faith in Frontier and Planet Coaster. They won't let us down.

I feel like everyone really WANTS this game to be the savior of the theme park sim genre, therefor they're looking at everything that comes out through rose-tinted glasses. If you're like me and actually really hated RCT3, you don't have that much more reason to be hopeful about this than RCTW, just based purely on what we know so far (aside from the coaster editor which really does look better).

Any time I see people playing RCT3 now, the screenshots are filled with things that weren't in the original game. I haven't seen that much justification for why the vanilla game wasn't a steaming pile, which I always kind of thought it was.

After watching the lifestream, it seems like they might be almost done with the basics for the game to work and much of the work from here will be more rides, coasters, and special features and details. With what they've shown with the generic theming, the detail they are doing the flat rides, and what they have done with food stalls, it is pretty much at the point where I would buy it regardless if there is or isn't a custom scenery option (but it would make it more kicka$$ and appealing if they did). I loved the detail on having greeter employees at the entrances to the rides! lol!

I think they're showing what they're showing because they want us to know that our rides/park/decor/themes will truly have an impact on the park guests. It's needless to say this game will have amazing rides. Like I said, Frontier made RCT3. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing and they definitely know what fans want. I'm not worried at all.