TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

Just started really following this, but looks incredible! And seems like you can make tracks actually seem very realistic, even though they aren't the best at it in videos, the possibilities are there!

The problem is with pathways, they should make it a click and drag so you can make large pathways and place scenery on them. If you think of real parks, theres not curved paths with food stands on the side of them, food stands are part of the path.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frontier have held a number of Q&A's with the coaster head club over the past few months on the official forums and have confirmed a number of things-

-in the last Dev Diary where multiple coaster cars where seen on Vekoma track this is just part of their development build, in the final game coasters will have their own track as in the real world.

-All rides are based on real world designs, and will inc some older classic style rides/coasters. If it isn't possible in the real world it wont be featured in the game. Also they are doing extensive research on rides, the guy in charge of the rides/attractions has being doing his research and for example produced an 8 page document on one coaster track and support system for the art team to ensure accurate.

-There will be massive amount of rides and coasters in the game, as of the start of Feb they stated that they had 40 completed rides and coasters with many more planned for the final release in Q4 of this year.

-Coasters will feature accurate track types and supports, so each coaster type will feature different supports based on the real ride designs. They also confirmed hybrid coasters (ie RMC) will feature in the game.

Frontier have held a number of Q&A's with the coaster head club over the past few months on the official forums and have confirmed a number of things-

-in the last Dev Diary where multiple coaster cars where seen on Vekoma track this is just part of their development build, in the final game coasters will have their own track as in the real world.

-All rides are based on real world designs, and will inc some older classic style rides/coasters. If it isn't possible in the real world it wont be featured in the game. Also they are doing extensive research on rides, the guy in charge of the rides/attractions has being doing his research and for example produced an 8 page document on one coaster track and support system for the art team to ensure accurate.

-There will be massive amount of rides and coasters in the game, as of the start of Feb they stated that they had 40 completed rides and coasters with many more planned for the final release in Q4 of this year.

-Coasters will feature accurate track types and supports, so each coaster type will feature different supports based on the real ride designs. They also confirmed hybrid coasters (ie RMC) will feature in the game.

This sounds about right. Which is why I'm not worried. I just want the game.

Frontier are releasing the Alpha version of the game this month for customers who have purchased the early bird edition of the game, this will get continus updates until the final game is released in Q4. However you do pay more for the early bird edition- in the uk the preorder for the finished game is £19.99 and if you want the early bird version it's £49.99, so basically £30 to get access 6-7 months early.

There is another live stream this Wednesday, this time with the guy who is in charge of the development of all the rides and coasters that will be in the game so will be defiantly worth watching.

I feel like everyone really WANTS this game to be the savior of the theme park sim genre, therefor they're looking at everything that comes out through rose-tinted glasses. If you're like me and actually really hated RCT3, you don't have that much more reason to be hopeful about this than RCTW, just based purely on what we know so far (aside from the coaster editor which really does look better).

Any time I see people playing RCT3 now, the screenshots are filled with things that weren't in the original game. I haven't seen that much justification for why the vanilla game wasn't a steaming pile, which I always kind of thought it was.

What I've seen custom content wise for RCT3 has gone WAY past anything that could have ever been done for RCT1 and 2. Imported CTRs that look like real coasters with smooth transitions, beautiful CFRs that look just like the real thing. I think it's a true testament to the fact that RCT3 gave us the framework for a kickass theme park sim game, but could have been taken to the next level.

I wonder why they made the park guests look like the peeps from RCT3. I mean, at least change the dot eyes. They did it for ThrillVille, so I don't see why they didn't do it for this game to emphasize the difference.

I feel like everyone really WANTS this game to be the savior of the theme park sim genre, therefor they're looking at everything that comes out through rose-tinted glasses. If you're like me and actually really hated RCT3, you don't have that much more reason to be hopeful about this than RCTW, just based purely on what we know so far (aside from the coaster editor which really does look better).

Any time I see people playing RCT3 now, the screenshots are filled with things that weren't in the original game. I haven't seen that much justification for why the vanilla game wasn't a steaming pile, which I always kind of thought it was.

What I've seen custom content wise for RCT3 has gone WAY past anything that could have ever been done for RCT1 and 2. Imported CTRs that look like real coasters with smooth transitions, beautiful CFRs that look just like the real thing. I think it's a true testament to the fact that RCT3 gave us the framework for a kickass theme park sim game, but could have been taken to the next level.

But does anyone think RCT3 was actually fun to play? Like as a game, not just as a 3D engine in which to import custom content made in other programs? Visually if you compare vanilla RCT2 versus vanilla RCT3, there's no contest, and gameplay-wise, basically everything in 3 that wasn't a retread was worse.

That.... looks fantastic. Pretty much all of my concerns forom earlier posts have been addressed. Looks like we'll be getting a great ride selection.

But what I still hope to see and wasn't clear on whether or not will be the case - rides that we've seen with theming WITHOUT theming. Like, I might want to build a plane ride thingy without the skyscrpaer in the middle. Wonder if that's possible.

That.... looks fantastic. Pretty much all of my concerns forom earlier posts have been addressed. Looks like we'll be getting a great ride selection.

But what I still hope to see and wasn't clear on whether or not will be the case - rides that we've seen with theming WITHOUT theming. Like, I might want to build a plane ride thingy without the skyscrpaer in the middle. Wonder if that's possible.

Well, if they do another Q&A you should ask that question. Its something most of us would also like to know.

Well, if they do another Q&A you should ask that question. Its something most of us would also like to know.

Eh... I always miss it :\

But does anyone think RCT3 was actually fun to play? Like as a game, not just as a 3D engine in which to import custom content made in other programs? Visually if you compare vanilla RCT2 versus vanilla RCT3, there's no contest, and gameplay-wise, basically everything in 3 that wasn't a retread was worse.

While the vanilla game was really lacking, what the community has done to spruce up the game really is impressive.

Yeah this worries me.

He pretty much said, with a workaround answer, that the theme isn't changeable, just colours.

Just the bare bones ride is what I would like, surroundings and colors can theme the ride enough, I don't want a skyscraper in the middle of my western-themed world. grrrr

A lot of complaints about the $75 charge to play an alpha of the game. I'll agree, that's a bit pricey. The price of a Triple A game to be exact. I'll just see some vids on youtube. I'm sure there will be lots. I can't wait to see the game in action.