TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Update Thread!

^ ah. I considered getting the "My first visit" one for my bf, but we never got around to it. I find the buttons much less in your face than the medals or those god damned bride/groom mouse ears. I wished a few people a happy birthday when I happened to notice their buttons.

Edited by Moose

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the buttons (Celebrating/Just Married/Birthday/Anniversary) as long as someone is wearing them just one day and not feeling self entitled like I should come up to them and ask them "Oh, tell me all about your <>".

I know about 10 years ago when it was slightly harder to get one, people were using them to try and get special things. It seems that now that everyone has them they're no longer special. Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe this will be the way the medals go!

^ Agreed. If people acted self-entitled and obnoxious wearing the buttons, I'd have the same issue with it. But they don't. That attitude seems synonymous with the medal wearers.

To me the top three most annoying Disney theme park groups:

1. Brazilian Tour Groups

2. Runners with medals

3. Disneyland Annual Passholders

Honorable mention: Anyone on an ECV.

People with buttons don't even come close.

Edited by robbalvey

^ Agreed. If people acted self-entitled and obnoxious wearing the buttons, I'd have the same issue with it. But they don't. That attitude seems synonymous with the medal wearers.

To me the top three most annoying Disney theme park groups:

1. Brazilian Tour Groups

2. Runners with medals

3. Disneyland Annual Passholders

Honorable mention: Anyone on an ECV.

People with buttons don't even come close.

As former CM at WDW, I must agree. Brazilian tour groups are among the worst, most obnoxious and least respectful guests. Dealing with them is just impossible and make it so hard for other guests to fully enjoy their visit at the parks.

As for the buttons, I was actually shocked to see that some people wearing them expected every single CM to give them a special treatment just for the sake of wearing one. Best one I got: "Hey, Oriol, can't you see it's my daughter's birthday? What are you going to give her?" pointing repeatedly at her daughter's button. I mean, I am all for creating the so-called "Magical Moments" but, that was almost rude of them.

Ha! I think you're right on both counts. They're shredded wheat biscuits presumably laced with crack.

I'm think of starting an international snack exchange where I will ship people random British things in exchange for Triscuits!

As a side note on the report, I feel compelled to say that the margarita at Rocco's Tacos was insanely good!!

Triscuits--the king of crackers!

When my school went to Disneyland for Grad-Night, my friends and I all got the graduation buttons. We didn't want them to get any sort of special treatment but so that we could have "Just Graduated" buttons from Disney to look back on later.

^Where do people even get those buttons?

I remember a couple of years ago we went to WDW for my parent 50th Wedding Anniversary my sister mentioned we were coming for their anniversary when she booked the trip. When we checked into the resort they were in our welcome packets.

I had no idea they would get any sort of special treatment for wearing them. We made reservation for the Winne the Pooh character lunch at the Crystal Palace and when Pooh came around they got their photo taken and a special mickey frame for the photo. The only other special thing they got was at the American Experience show in Epcot before the show started my mom was brought up to the front (my dad is in a wheelchair so he could no go up) of the theater and got to talk to Mickey on the phone and when the show ended the cast member took them next door to the restaurant and announced to the whole place that it was Joe and Shirley's 50th wedding anniversary and gave them a mini apple pie! They were a little embarrassed but they loved it.

Mostly people were a little shocked that two people managed to stay married for 50 years!

^Where do people even get those buttons?

I few years ago when I was checking in at one of the Disney hotels I was asked if it was any special occasion. They were giving out buttons freely. I even had a guy in the park ask if I wanted any buttons because he had a number of them and he was a guest!

I couldn't care less about those things but I imagine some kids would get a kick out of cast members wishing them a happy birthday every where.

For our 10th Anniversary Party at Epcot, we only wore the "Happy Anniversary" buttons at our *private* dessert party at a location we rented out at the park, and only because the cast members handed them out to us. We didn't wear them around the park that day, even though we were in the park since opening. We celebrated with our group of friends and that's all that mattered to us.

Let's give away a Bag-O-Crap to...

zachclarke2

Congrats! Send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with your contact info and "Update Thread Crap" in the subject.

Please note - you must send the email within 1 week of this posting.

Keep POSTING COMMENTS!!!!

If we get another 25 comments before we post our next update, I'll give away another Bag-O-Crap!

Edited by robbalvey

Just wanted to throw some more love out there for Rocco's Tacos. Great food, drinks and atmosphere. Seriously if you are visiting Orlando you must escape the parks for a few hours to get there. It is located somewhat between Sea World and Universal - only 5/10 mins away from either. Just a heads up... Friday and Saturday nights can get CRAZY busy so be warned the wait for a table may be crazy long.

TPR's Orlando Trip 2013!

Ok, Part 2 of our Orlando October 2013 Trip Report! For this update, if we get 25 responses in the forum, I'll give away some Bags-O-Crap!

This part of the update takes us on a whirlwind visit to BOTH Universal Orlando parks, a private TPR aerial silks class where we try out for Cirque, and a night of random fun! (There might even be an EMAIL DAN contest in there, too!)

Link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=78&linkid=13168

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Silks turned out to be so much fun! I am hunting for a good place here in DC to take up once a week classes.

That cards against humanity game is a bit fuzzy, there was a lot of Rum drank that night between TPDave and I... in fact I barely remember some of those photos being taken... good times!