TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Didn't know that, but it sure feels like CF hasn't much love into it since 1998 aside from new TV's in the rooms and the switchover to Amber Waves.

I was so disappointed that there were no photos of Julianne Moore in Boogie Nights hanging in the restaurant.

She was too busy doing cocaine in the bathroom

Any educated guesses on the exact date GhostRider will reopen in June?

I thought it reopened in May (to be exact, May 27)?

It was originally going to open with Ghost Town Alive on May 27th, but ran into a snag and lost a couple weeks.

OSHA

Personally, I have no issue with it reopening in June or even July, especially since Knott's is open year-round (didn't Silver Bullet open in the winter?). I'm just glad they are putting forth the proper effort needed to bring the ride back to life. I'd rather wait longer for a superior product then have them rush it.

Heck, let's have it re-open, on the Sunday of the West Coast Bash weekend, this September!

That'll really piss A LOT of people off, hee hee hee.

While I originally planned on having WCB be my first time riding the new Ghost Rider, but the anticipation is killing me. Looks like I'll be planning a visit as soon as it opens!

I would say if you've never been to Disneyland or DCA skip Knott's. If you're over those 2 parks, then Knott's will be a nice easy day that you'll be bored of after a couple hours. Is there any way you can get up to MM (about an hour away)? I'd say if you have the opportunity to get up there for 5 hours on a Tuesday you'll have a better time than Knott's.

These delays are really making me curious to know what's taking so darn long with Ghostrider. And with a date like Mid-June, it seems like they're not even sure when it's going to be ready to go.

It seems like a pretty basic improvement and upgrade. Perhaps the new trains have something to do with it? Also strange how parts of the track still don't have the metal tracking installed. With so little information it's hard to tell. I'm glad they're doing this improvement, but it's also strange to see this kind of vagueness from a park owned by Cedar Fair.

Is it worth going to Knott's tomorrow with xcelerator closed? I am on vacation with my family and they have given me and my brother the option of going to Knott's while they take my little sister to disneyland?

Personally, I'd skip Knott's this time since two of the best rides (Xcelerator and GhostRider) will be closed.

Is it worth going to Knott's tomorrow with xcelerator closed? I am on vacation with my family and they have given me and my brother the option of going to Knott's while they take my little sister to disneyland?

Personally, I'd skip Knott's this time since two of the best rides (Xcelerator and GhostRider) will be closed.

Got here late, when's Xcelerator scheduled to reopen? Gonna be in SoCal this weekend but might skip Knotts if that's the case.

Got here late, when's Xcelerator scheduled to reopen? Gonna be in SoCal this weekend but might skip Knotts if that's the case.

Closed April 18-29

By the way, the best thing to happen to Knott's Berry Farm was Disneyland. Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet, the former President of Disneyland Resort, knew that KBF was never meant to be a coaster thrill park and desired to bring it back to it's family focused roots. Ouimet is the mind behind the restorations of Ghost Town, Timber Mountain Log Ride, Calico Mine Ride, and Ghost Rider. GR had gotten so bad that Knott's had been considering demolishing the classic woodie. Ouimet said no. I look forward to seeing where America's First Theme Park goes from here.

Okay,I have a KBF experience that I think after 7 or more years of not telling any one it's finally time to let it out. It's about how Knott's didn't seem to care about guest experiences. I went there and it was very crowded. There seemed to be no crowd control in the lines what so ever. The security guards were in groups just talking and not doing ANYTHING to control anybody. If a fight broke out they probably would have just ignored it. Tons of people were cutting and I did report it the first time when a group of 9 teens cut saying their mother, yes mother was singular. So they were saying a mother gave birth to 9 girls of different races (white, black, mexican, and even asian) within a couple months, (because you could tell they were all within the same grade). A group of 2, and multiples of single riders including this big black man that was just grabbing people and shoving them to the ground (and threw me into the fence) and they didn't do anything, and they were going strait to the front of the line of Xcelerator, so I was in the line for almost an hour which should have only been 30-45 minutes because of all the people cutting. I love Knott's, but because of that experience that day it is easily my most hated park I have ever visited, and since I have a CF platinum pass I didn't stay that long because I have been there a couple times before, one good experience, one somewhat bad experience, and because I thought the second visit was just a bad day I went back again, and next experience was even worse (which you just read). I din't know why but I went back a few years after that and my experience was fine, but I avoided the troublesome rides (Xcelerator, La Revolucion, and Montezuma) where I had the worst experiences the past visit. But that experience (I should have known to not go then) was during spring break. I taught "Oh it's not a weekend, it will be fine," But I was dead wrong.

I'm sorry for this rant, IDK if there was a better place in the forums to have put this, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer and I just had to get it off my chest.