TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Was out at the park today, had a great day, really really light crowds. Interesting thing from today is they took off those little restraint check things on Xcelerator (the ones that turn green when the restraint is down far enough). The lapbar seems kinda naked now without it. Also Monte was down today for some strange reason with just the train sitting in the station with no visible activity around it, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Hey, glad you had a good day at the park. Monte has been having cable problems since the day after WCB, I think my shift lead said it'll be down a few more weeks. I'll keep you guys updated when I learn more.

Hey, question for ya...

want to take my daughter to knotts (she couldn't come with me during WCB) I know its scary farm time, but... how bad is it going to be on saturdays (before it shifts into the haunt time)....

or should I just wait til november...

The slowest days are during the day before haunt. They're open till about 5 and re-open at 7 for Haunt. It is (even on a Saturday) DEAD as everyone is waiting to go to Haunt.

Hey, question for ya...

want to take my daughter to knotts (she couldn't come with me during WCB) I know its scary farm time, but... how bad is it going to be on saturdays (before it shifts into the haunt time)....

The slowest days are during the day before haunt. They're open till about 5 and re-open at 7 for Haunt. It is (even on a Saturday) DEAD as everyone is waiting to go to Haunt.

thats what I was hoping for

Hey, question for ya...

This is correct, we will be very slow on days before haunt so you shouldn't have a problem getting in multiple re rides if you please

Hey, question for ya...

This is correct, we will be very slow on days before haunt so you shouldn't have a problem getting in multiple re rides if you please

Awesome!!! thanks guys...

Ok I am just putting this out here but with Carowinds getting a Giga coaster in the next 3 years it would make sense if Knott's got one to. I say this because when Cedar fair buys there rides they buy them in multiples. With Carowinds possibly getting the giga for 2015 and Knotts's rumored giga for 2015 it would make sense.

^This. I operated Monte for 3 years and the mechanics there have to custom make parts a lot of the time as you cant just run to Home Depot to get shuttle loop parts. Intamin purchased Schwarzkopf's patents so some parts for Monte are supplied by Intamin but there are still a handful of parts that have to be custom made either at the park or by a 3rd party fabrication company. Either way, KBF does a damn good job at keeping the ride running considering its age.

^ As far as I know Gerstlauer only has done the trains for other rides (SuperDooperLooper) for one. There's nothing wrong with Monte that the very knowledgeable Knott's mechanics can't take care of on their own.

OMG, they need this for revolution at SFMM..... "chanting" NO MORE over the shoulders!!!

^This. I operated Monte for 3 years and the mechanics there have to custom make parts a lot of the time as you cant just run to Home Depot to get shuttle loop parts. Intamin purchased Schwarzkopf's patents so some parts for Monte are supplied by Intamin but there are still a handful of parts that have to be custom made either at the park or by a 3rd party fabrication company. Either way, KBF does a damn good job at keeping the ride running considering its age.

AMEN!!!!!!

^ As far as I know Gerstlauer only has done the trains for other rides (SuperDooperLooper) for one. There's nothing wrong with Monte that the very knowledgeable Knott's mechanics can't take care of on their own.

Turbine/Psych Underground @ Walibi Belgium also had a flywheel launch and according to rcdb.com, Not only did Gerstlauer build a new train but they also turned the flywheel launch into a LIM launch as well. (Monte also uses a Flywheel launch) Granted, I know that Turbine/Underground and Montezooma are different in ride length and height but the overall system is the same.

So... I'm going to Knott's For Haunt on October 6th and I want to do the Trapped maze. Would anybody be interested in meeting up with me so I don't go through it alone? (Not because I'm afraid, just seems kind of like something you should share)

It also ends up costing less per person if you have a small group. I think it's $60 for up to 6 people. Something like that.

I am going on the 29th and am getting the Skelleton Key Fastlane. Does anyone know if that includes TRAPPED with it? That would be awesome if it did!

Turbine/Psych Underground @ Walibi Belgium also had a flywheel launch and according to rcdb.com, Not only did Gerstlauer build a new train but they also turned the flywheel launch into a LIM launch as well. (Monte also uses a Flywheel launch) Granted, I know that Turbine/Underground and Montezooma are different in ride length and height but the overall system is the same.

Turbine/Underground and Monte have different heights? I thought all shuttle loops (at least all flywheel/former flywheel shuttle loops) were identical aside from some slight speed variations. And to add to the topic, Gerstlauer's trains look pretty cool, but I don't think they should be added unless the are absolutely needed for comfort or ease of maintenance. As long as the classic trains run fine, I don't see a need for new ones.

So... I'm going to Knott's For Haunt on October 6th and I want to do the Trapped maze. Would anybody be interested in meeting up with me so I don't go through it alone? (Not because I'm afraid, just seems kind of like something you should share)

It also ends up costing less per person if you have a small group. I think it's $60 for up to 6 people. Something like that.

I am going on the 29th and am getting the Skelleton Key Fastlane. Does anyone know if that includes TRAPPED with it? That would be awesome if it did!

Skeleton Key access does NOT include Trapped. Totally separate.