TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

And it didn't exactly open on time either. I'm just saying if people are expecting a coaster or some sort of big attraction opening next summer, the odds are very very very slim at this point. I'd be happy to be wrong, but it just seems increasingly improbable. Like Chris said, a Winter 2012/early 2013 could happen if they want something big to eventually compete.

If the Giga coaster rumor is true they may open it in December like they did with Silver Bullet which I highly doubt. Construction would have to begin March/April......so we will see. Anything new the park gets for next year will most likely be along the lines of a show.

I still wouldn't rule out a Giga Coaster at Knotts in 2012 or 2013 (the latter being more likely). Coastersandmore.de has updated its article about record breaking roller coasters today, and Leviathan is mentioned as well as a Giga Coaster project being in the planning stages for the Los Angeles Area.

Der Trend zu neuen, hohen Achterbahnen ist nach einigen Jahren der Ruhepause wieder aufgeflammt. Pläne für einen weiteren Gigacoaster in der Region um Los Angeles warten auf eine Realisierung.

which would translate into

The trend towards new, high roller coasters has been reborn. Plans for another Gigacoaster in the region around Los Angeles are waiting to be realized.

http://coastersandmore.de/rides/bestof/bestof2.php

As the project is being described as waiting to be realized, I think Cedar Fair might have problems with the city laws or the land where this monster will be built, so I don't expect it to go up before 2013. Also, the manufacturer remains a mystery. I believe CF might wait for feedback of Leviathan before deciding about the manufacturer.

^After the Behemoth/Diamondback/Intimidator package I would firmly believe that it will also be built by B&M . Actually, the markers in the park indicate a more stretched-out layout with many tall curves and overbanks, much in the style of Leviathan. But we will see, the important thing is that it will be built after all

^ QFT.

Intamins are balls-out amazing!

B&M hypers are simply 'fun' - and can be somewhat exciting if you're in the very front or very back. Otherwise, they only do what their name implies - coast along the track.

But I will admit that Nitro at SFGAdv was quite fun.

The ganeral opinion of a B&M giga coaster is one of dissapointment. However, the best way I pucture a B&M giga is Millinium Force with more floater airitme hills. Unless B&M decides to make ejector airitme their goal, it is unlikely they will make anything better than I305. However, the potential for something as good as MF is present.

The ganeral opinion of a B&M giga coaster is one of dissapointment. However, the best way I pucture a B&M giga is Millinium Force with more floater airitme hills. Unless B&M decides to make ejector airitme their goal, it is unlikely they will make anything better than I305. However, the potential for something as good as MF is present.

I think we need to actually see one completed before we could say general opinion on it. As far as the best way you picture one, sounds a bit like Leviathan to me...