TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Yeah i don't think it'll be replaced. Theres not much that they could put there and another booster would be pointless (why would they put a new booster there? I'm so stupid :S). The capacity was rubbish and as Ed said, the queue wasn't the safest thing on a busy day.

i know what rides could be good for that area but very unlikly unfortunatly...

get either a Twisted Impulse Coaster or a boomerang that has the cobra going ofer the bridge... i know the queues were horendous on busy days, but if a hoger capacity rides was placed and a deffo extenstion to the queue line up top......

also and update... loads has happened since the last, got tonnes of concret up and more of those posts, im not sure whats happening with big dippers curve... big one has now been closed ready for the dismantle of the supports, also spin doctors armless and roller caosters getting a bit of work done as well...

IMAG0692.JPG.94705f6520e10149790046be89d01f84.JPG

IMAG0688.JPG.67b04f44d073d844c6969c717b37c3b4.JPG

IMAG0690.JPG.970f90db4e8790e691e8987e1c70453c.JPG

IMAG0689.JPG.39e9f1e7a5a095f6baf5f30472628d4f.JPG

IMAG0686.JPG.715878b1d09ef790200f11ff028c1b4b.JPG

IMAG0685.JPG.b923745f167c0fc38bdce56d295966af.JPG

Looked at the article, and noticed this

Infusion will add to the amusement park's other whiteknuckle rides including the Iron Brew Revolution, opened in 1979, the Pepsi Max Big One, unveiled in 1994, the Ice Blast, opened in 1998, and the Valhalla from 2000.

What's the Iron Brew?

And finally, little similarity to Traumatizer, more like it's so similar, it's like looking into a blue mirror ...

Benin "Like I'll be riding this when there's a great woodie next to it" De'Giovanni

LOL. OK, this is going to be one of the most anal posts Ive ever made, but here goes...

Really, its branded Irn_bru, which used to be Iron Brew, but really, its sponsored by A. G. Barr, who make Irn-Bru.

OK, so do i get punched now? lol.

They have been looking for someone to buy Spin Doctor for a while, i reckon. I also heard rumor that they were having problems with the sea salt blowing in and attacking it.

I rode it once. Seemed better than other boosters as its so close to the bridge which gave it great visual. It did take an age to load up though. I wont be sorry to see it go.

RIGHT, i have got the biggest update to date today, and wow, so cool...

we have got some more muddy floor work with loads more concrete posts, lodes of reinforcement rods and stuff, more mud, some holes...

BIG ONES BEEN TAKEN APART DUE TO NOT FITTING!?!?

AND

WHAT YOUVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

WE HAVE BLUE TRACK

and yeah is the sparkling lake they were on about

Theyre changing it (PMB1) again , theyre proberbly going to place it on the other side of the big hill which will be cool, means we might have a head chopper on the first drop

There making a lot of fuss for this ride arn't they, would of been cheaper and better just to build a new ride!

I doubt Spin Doctor will be replaced by anything.

Thats a shame, they've lost yet another spin ride, they only have a few left now (Trama towers and bling)

Spin Doctor didn't exactly spin though... It was terrible compared to most fairground Boosters.

Also PMBO is not being moved..... Lord give me strength. The supports are being modified so Infusion can be put in. It was always planned this way.

It amazes me how crowded with rides this park is... yet can someone explain to me how they can plan a ride and have problems with it fitting... I thought they took EXTREMELY detailed measurements.

Also, how would they change PMBO... and for that matter, can someone tell me what exactly was done and why to on the first reprofile. (Just a little curious)

-Andrew

its the pleasure beach, that's all that needs to be said due to their stupidity, i mean would YOU really want to alter 3 RIDES!?!? (big dipper, train, PMBO) just to get another to fit....?

big ones just having a support change, cant see anything happening to the track layout, and the first change was of the drop and turn around, just to make it a smoother flowing drop and a faster turn i think, might be wrong...?

^ Exactly right. The first drop was very sharp when it opened and the turn around used to be too slow.

Blackpool have always known since planning Infusion they would need to move the railway, and modify the Big Ones supports. Why does everyone assume all this is last-minute work? =\

• 3 weeks later...

^^We really appreciate that you've joined the boards! Just make sure you check out our rules posted at the top of each forum section.

Especially the two that seem to be the most trouble for peole on the internet:

3. SPELL CHECK YOUR POSTS!!!! There is a completely FREE spell checker available with the Google toolbar. A typo here and there is completely acceptable. We all are guilty of this. But when someone can't READ your post due to bad spelling, grammar, lack of capitalization, all caps (in posts OR thread titles) etc, that's a problem. If you aren't a good speller (and I totally admit I would be lost without my spellchecker) download it now: http://toolbar.google.com/

4. Do NOT use "text message shorthand" - Use the proper English and complete spelling of words. Do not shorten "you" to "u", etc. You're not messaging on a cell phone, you're typing on a computer. You have a full sized keyboard in front of you - USE IT! (The most common uses like LOL, WTF, are ok....but none of this "l33tOMG111" whatever speak!)