TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been recently searching around information on Morgan coasters for no true reason, and I came across a coaster that seems to be probably the most odd coaster - Steel Eel. What's up with it's support work? It looks horrible. Is there any reason it was built that way?

And, I happen to think it is one of the nicer looking Morgan's with those massive supports throughout. It gives it a unique look. Now, I'm not dissing your opinion, cause I don't agree with what others find pleasing all of the time either. But like was said earlier, basically the park opened in 1988 and Steel Eel was installed in 1999, so they had to fit it in with the existing park, walkways and structures. To me it looks like it was with the park when it opened when I first visited. Peace!

The supports were done that way for visual interest.

During the design process, Morgan gave Busch the option of a traditional support structure or their special visually interesting support structure that would one day become the subject of a thread on a message board.

The supports were done that way for visual interest.

During the design process, Morgan gave Busch the option of a traditional support structure or their special visually interesting support structure that would one day become the subject of a thread on a message board.

It was done under the request of Busch. That supporting structure costs a lot of money because of the nature of the columns, not to mention the extra man-hours to design.