TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we get another ride for ERT, preferably S:EFK, so the lines will be even shorter.

Yeah, if we get a replacement ERT, that would definitely be my first choice, and after that would be a night time Full Throttle ERT or backwards Colossus. It's unfortunate for the people who are making big trips to WCB and haven't ridden X2 yet. It's my favorite ride in the park, but at least Xcelerator's back open, and I'd say Xcelerator > X2 in terms of importance especially since there are plenty of thrilling coasters at SFMM anyway.

Yes, it's unfortunate that X2 has to be closed for WCB, and I know it is a major disappointment for anyone coming from out of state, but to be honest that is probably the least rerideable of SFMM's major coasters. While it is a top tier ride, I think the coaster's reputation comes more from its uniqueness than from anything else as the coaster is very rough and uncomfortable (if you leave even a tiny bit of space in the restraints it will throw you around like a ragdoll) and in my opinion the layout looks more impressive than it actually is. Personally, I'd only rank X2 forth among the park's coasters (behind Tatsu, Full Throttle, and Goliath), and if nothing else not riding it this time just gives another thing to look forward to on your next visit.

Yes, it's unfortunate that X2 has to be closed for WCB, and I know it is a major disappointment for anyone coming from out of state, but to be honest that is probably the least rerideable of SFMM's major coasters. While it is a top tier ride, I think the coaster's reputation comes more from its uniqueness than from anything else as the coaster is very rough and uncomfortable (if you leave even a tiny bit of space in the restraints it will throw you around like a ragdoll) and in my opinion the layout looks more impressive than it actually is. Personally, I'd only rank X2 forth among the park's coasters (behind Tatsu, YOLOcoaster, and Goliath), and if nothing else not riding it this time just gives another thing to look forward to on your next visit.

I couldn't agree more. Actually, Morning and night ERT on YOLOcoaster would be even better, more rides for everyone, I hope that's what they give us, but knowing SFMM. Hopefully Robb can persuade them.

I was looking forward to trying out X2 since I've already been on X. But I know I will be back in Cali in a few years. My nieces are already mad at me for going to Disneyland with out them. I'm still very excited for all the other things taking place at WCB. Crazy that its just in one week.

Had Xcelerator been closed, I would have honestly been more bummed about Xcelerator's closure than X2. I enjoyed X2 but due to its shakiness, it isn't that rerideable. Hoping Apocalypse is ready for us next weekend! (Wow, it's getting close!). For those who still need the credit, here's to an excuse to head back to SFMM next season

I rode X when it first opened but last year at WCB was my first ride on X2 and the new trains as it had been several years.

Well it'd been a long time since I got off a ride with wobbly knees but X2 delivered. That was one intense night of ERT! I was most impressed and thought it was riding great!

Certainly my favorite ride at SFMM and disappointed it won't be open this year but it is what it is.

Yes, it's unfortunate that X2 has to be closed for WCB, and I know it is a major disappointment for anyone coming from out of state, but to be honest that is probably the least rerideable of SFMM's major coasters. While it is a top tier ride, I think the coaster's reputation comes more from its uniqueness than from anything else as the coaster is very rough and uncomfortable (if you leave even a tiny bit of space in the restraints it will throw you around like a ragdoll) and in my opinion the layout looks more impressive than it actually is. Personally, I'd only rank X2 forth among the park's coasters (behind Tatsu, YOLOcoaster, and Goliath), and if nothing else not riding it this time just gives another thing to look forward to on your next visit.

Next visit wont be for, well not in 2014 (got too many other plans!)

But yeah Im hoping Robb strongarms SFMM into something good to compensate! Though my faith in SF is low haha

See yall soon! Maybe 1 or 2 of you before the WCB

While I'm bummed that X2 will be closed being its I'm favorite coaster at the park, I've ridden it plenty of times and I'm glad that Apocalypse should be open as I haven't ridden it yet. I'm also looking forward to riding Green Lantern First Flight, Lex Luthor Drop of Doom, and Superman Escape From Krypton for the first time at SFMM, and I'm glad Xcelerator should be up and running for WCB. It is what it is.

I was really hoping that things would work out so that I could make it this time, but with the layoff a few months ago and issues with my parents' health, I had to make some major edits to my 2013 travel plans and the contract leading to additional income that I was hoping would come through last month did not. So far, 2014 is looking better. Hope that everyone has an awesome time (and that SFMM gets X2 up and running for you guys at the last minute!)

I too, have a short week I am technically going in for 3 hours Friday before taking the drive down there but this will be a really short week for me.

Yeah. I'm going to go in for about 2 hours before driving down Friday from vegas

I'd just thought I'd throw this out there.

Looking at rates through Kayak I found that I could get $71 a night for a 2 person room w/ 2 beds at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel for three nights, checking in the 6th and out on the 9th.

I'm already sharing this room with a fellow TPR member, but I really didn't think I could stay on property at Knotts at this price with only one weeks notice for making reservations.

I do suggest to stay in Buena Park for West Coast Bash because the second day of the event is usually the earlier morning and making a long drive to a hotel far away will be easier to do after the first day of the bash than the second.

The downside is they do not have an airport shuttle to Anaheim Airport or LAX and they are also quite a distance from LAX.

The upside for people new to the west coast is that they do offer a Shuttle to Disneyland that runs all day. So if you are arriving early on friday you have the option of checking out both of those parks.

All you guys and your three day weeks I am in the middle of working 11 days in a row through this Friday, but I'll have four days off in a row come this Saturday and it will all be worth it.

Looking at rates through Kayak I found that I could get $71 a night for a 2 person room w/ 2 beds at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel for three nights, checking in the 6th and out on the 9th.

I'm already sharing this room with a fellow TPR member, but I really didn't think I could stay on property at Knotts at this price with only one weeks notice for making reservations.

I just booked my room at Knott's hotel this morning on Kayak for Saturday and Sunday nights for $129 total. Last night my bids of $50, $55, $60, and $65 per night on Priceline were all rejected, I compared with Hotwire, and got to Kayak somehow and they had the best deal on a 3 star hotel near Knott's (Travelocity was only $1 more). Anyone who is going WCB who hasn't booked their room yet, I recommend using Kayak for the best deal on the Knott's Hotel. Maybe we could have the TPR WCB after party there.

Flying there. For just one person, it costs about the same to drive as it does to fly and I hate that boring drive through the desert.

LOL I fly for free, but, we have friends that live in between, so instead of flying in and renting a car, we are renting one from here and driving down