TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite roller coaster?

Note this is for a YouTube project. I am planning on keeping track of the votes so I can make an actual top 10 of the best coasters in the world voted by actual people.

Also I know there is a difference between wood and steel, but this is gonna be about the top 10 most loved coasters of TPR forums, wood or steel, it doesn't matter

Also you can vote for any coaster, even if you've not been on it. And an explanation of why you chose that coaster would be nice too!

I personally vote for Millenium Force, not only because the coaster is awesome, but all the awards/records it has been awarded.

I keep track of the votes and will release them on December 31, 2012, so it can be an official Top 10 roller coasters of 2012. Then I might restart the votes for 2013.

So... what do you peeps vote for?

Edited by Christopoll

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

El Toro, hands down. I'd probably say something different if I had rode all the coasters that I want to, but just for the ones I've been on I'll say that.

"alpengeistfan1" didn't vote for Alpengeist?

LOL. . too funny.

My vote is for Shockwave at Six Flags Over Texas. . huge fan of that ride, and have been on it over 100 times.

My favorite is Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure.

I just love the ride because the restraints on it are really comfortable and the ride was so smooth. The floater airtime on it was great too. Plus, that helix was pretty intense and I could barely put my hands up on it!

Favorite Wood: Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce

So much airtime in such a nice setting.

Edited by molemaster43

El Toro, hands down. I'd probably say something different if I had rode all the coasters that I want to, but just for the ones I've been on I'll say that.

"alpengeistfan1" didn't vote for Alpengeist?

LOL. . too funny.

My vote is for Shockwave at Six Flags Over Texas. . huge fan of that ride, and have been on it over 100 times.

Yeah I made this account before I rode El Toro, oh well it's been with me so long that I wouldn't want to change it anymore.

Could I suggest that you might do a top 10 that includes the top 5 steel and the top 5 wood, rather than a mixture of both?

Comparing X2 to the Coney Cyclone, for instance, on a top 10 list is like asking for your top 10 foods and trying to put bananas foster up against fried catfish...

Anyway, I vote for Voyage, no contest.

If you want to separate wood/steel votes, my steel choice is Expedition GeForce

For steel Bizzaro at SFNE followed by Magnum XL 200 for their air time and for wood, it's a tie between El Toro at SFGADV and The Voyage (El Toro for air time and The Voyage for air time and that out of control feeling it gives).

For wood, my favorites would be the following.

El Toro

Boulderdash

Coaster (PNE)

Colossus (Heide)

Voyage

Phoinex

For steel, my list would be this.

Expedition Ge Force

Bizarro (SFNE)

Maverick

Ispeed

X2

My favorite coaster is Bizarro at Six Flags New England. The ride isn't the most intense or thrilling out there, but it has a lot of airtime and is very smooth and re-rideable. The ride also has a very varied layout, and isn't just a series of hills like most Mega Coasters.

If you're doing a separate wood list, El Toro is my favorite wood coaster for similar reasons, except it actually is one of the most intense and thrilling wood coasters and is not quite as re-rideable.

Millennium Force. Haters gonna hate. It was my first huge coaster, and I was so excited to ride it when I did. That, and it is the defining icon of Cedar Point. I love the sense of balance on the ride itself, and if you catch it in the back seat at night after a hot day, she absolutely flies.