TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's Italy 2012 Tour!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of water-rides, but Divertical looks fantastic (I did like the one at Europa too, so I reckon I'll like Divertical). The stunt driving show - insanity

Thanks for the amazing updates, as always. My head is exploding from all this envy!

Cameron.

• 2 weeks later...

Its ok, I was just curious. I dont really post much anymore, but I still browse every now and then, and I enjoy reading these reports from your tours. There was no mention of the last update being the final day, and no one had even commented with regards to any more updates, so I wondered if something serious had happened on the tour. Obviously not, which is good! (though I would imagine that bad internet signal could be considered serious to some... )

^ the same... i really wondered what happend that the reports stopped. but found your "shock"-onride on youtube, so i hope it will go on soon.

Can`t wait to see reports from our european parks, especially what you think about the new family-woodie "Wodan" in my home park Europa-Park

^ the same... i really wondered what happend that the reports stopped. but found your "shock"-onride on youtube, so i hope it will go on soon.

Can`t wait to see reports from our european parks, especially what you think about the new family-woodie "Wodan" in my home park Europa-Park

While I'm not sure what Robb and Elissa's take on Wodan were, I'll give you mine from the trip -

Wodan was fun. It wasn't great, wasn't bad, but fun. From initially looking at the ride, I thought it would be a backseat ride. So, we rode in the back and were underwhelmed. We began to fear GCI had begun to go the way of B&M by creating wicked looking rides that don't deliver.

Well, I was wrong. We got our ERT at night and I decided to give it a go up front. Wow, was I wrong about this ride. Again, it wasn't OMG AMAZING, but it sure as hell was a ton of fun! There were pops of airtime throughout and the speed was constant.

Definitely a solid front-seat woodie.

^ that`s nice to hear. I rode Wodan ca. 10 times the last months and i have to admit i nearly always rode it in the last rows. I always thought the same, so after your opinion i definitly have to check out the front row so thx for your answer

• 1 month later...
but photos of Gardaland?

Every time someone asks for another update, I'm gonna wait another MONTH before posting them.

Seriously, we are in the middle of our very busy tour season. I was fortunate to be able to post the photos that we did. If you're gonna be impatient and rude and keep asking for the updates, I just simply won't post them at all.

--Robb "Don't need the additional pressure from obnoxious people." Alvey

^ I'm not god, but you're being an a$$hole. Especially when Elissa already answered this same question on the previous page. Not going to put up with people being obnoxious to us, sorry. We spend countless hours posting the photos, videos, and reports from our trips, and we do all of this for free...that's right... FREE. You don't have to pay a single penny or do anything to get our online content.

If you can't appreciate it, don't like it, or are going to be impatient with us, then we don't want you as part of our group.

And with that, now you're banned from TPR. Bu-bye!!!!

--Robb "Sorry if you think I'm coming off mean, I'm simply not going to put up with that kind of attitude from anyone..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^ No, idea... all I know is the guy sent me some insane email after I banned him saying what terrible people we were for liking Divertical. Seriously, some of these Italian coaster enthusiasts are absolutely batshit crazy!!!

What's sad is they actually don't realize that a park which has iSpeed, Katun, and Divertical has BY FAR better "quality over quantity" than most USA parks...but somehow we are made out to be the bad guys for liking it!

Whatever, we don't need the insane Italian coaster jerks on our forums, anyway!

--Robb "Embarrassed for my Italian heritage..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks for your photos and videos, that remember me when I was younger going to Mirabilandia every year (the year they added Katun I was so f%!king crazy !!). I used to love the Sierra Tornante wodden coaster, last time I went there it was still in function and I get very sad to see its removal. But iSpeed and Divertical look so awesome I should try to go there again, maybe next year.

Rainbow Magic land seams to be a great park too but I'll wait for the first major coaster addition to go there because I've many other great European parks to visit before that.

• 2 weeks later...

I just showed up to check this thread on a whim only to find some Italian prick calling out Robb. Wow, that was unbelievable. Robb, I remember you telling us all the day we were at Mirabilandia about the insane Italian coaster enthusiasts. Hell, I think we were still ON Divertical when the topic came up since everyone in the boat was talking about how great it is.

• 1 month later...

Just caught up with reading the Italy TR. Great pics and videos especially the Stunt Show at Mirabilandia. Looks like a classic "never in America" experience. Being in that stunt show must have been the highlight of your Italy trip - being in one of those cars would be scarier than any rollercoaster, except China coasters of course. It sucks though that guy had to ruin the TR for everyone else. What other Italy parks did you go to after Mirabilandia / how many Italy days were left? Even if you don't post the rest of the Italy TR I hope a few bad seeds doesn't discourage you from posting TRs in the future. Everyone else loves them and it's what turned me on to this site and what's selling me on a future TPR trip (actually I'm already sold, I just need to save up $$). Anyways thanks for the TRs as always.

• 2 weeks later...

Bickity bam! Random update bump!

Who wants to see some Magma 2 Onride?! First ride of the day for Magma 2 and it was a complete TPR Takeover. Come for the Italian madness, stay for the commentary throughout! LET THE MAGMA...FLOW!

PS - Yeah, I know I kinda suck at text intros. I'm way better with a microphone, haha.

• 3 weeks later...