TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

what ride or rides scared the poop out of you?

I used to be scared of the ride Flying Falcon at Hersheypark, my sister loved it, but I was scared of the spinning high up aspect of the ride, yet I would go on Storm Runner with no issue. It wasn't until April 7th 2013 that I forced myself on the ride and overcame that fear.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to most parks in the U.S. and most things do not scare me. I love drop towers, TTD, skycoasters, etc... The exception are rides that are in the dark. I remember this fear first in WDW with Space Mountain as a young kid. I ended up loving it. When rides are moving quickly in the dark, I get scared because I do not know where it is going. I love that feeling of being scared though. Most recently, the only ride that has really scared me was Pipeline Peak at Carowinds. The speed mixed with the complete lack of light freaked me out. I rode the same thing at KD a couple years earlier and I remember the same fear.

Recently...Windseeker. Rode it for the first time at night and I am not a fan of heights. It was windy and I was white knuckled the entire time.

I-305. I gotta say, my first ride on it had me very nervous. I'd ridden Millenium Force before, but I-305 just seemed so much..."bigger." I absolutely love it and rode many many many more times during morning and evening ERT - but wow!

People often tell me of the rides on top of the Stratosphere, but I am not worried about those. There is not a snowballs chance in hell anyone will actually get me up to the top of that tower to force me to go on them .

P.S. - standing next to Falcon's Fury this weekend....yeah, I'm already terrified.

Recently...Windseeker. Rode it for the first time at night and I am not a fan of heights. It was windy and I was white knuckled the entire time.

I definitely agree with this one, I'm not a fan of heights neither and Windseeker was extremely scary but still... Not as much as It' !

• 2 weeks later...

1) Like many others on here, 1st-Gen Intamin Drop Tower (Free Fall @ SFoG). Rode this for the first time in like the 6th or 7th grade. Now I'm not one to curse, but when it dropped, I definitely went "oh s***".

2) Sky Rocket @ Kennywood. Was not prepared for the airtime at the top of the first hill, and I didn't have my lapbar down as tight as I should have...I literally thought I would have flown out of the ride if I hadn't been holding on to my lapbar at the time.

3) Cliffhanger @ SF White Water Atlanta. 90' tall body slide. I want to say it's at a 79 degree angle, but I couldn't find confirmation of that. I still remember when I was a kid, being up at the top of the slide and trying to work up the nerve to actually go down the thing. But I always would, and it would always be a great rush.

4) Skyrush @ Hersheypark. Only rode it once. Back row, wing seat. I wasn't terrified I was going to fly out, but it felt like the restraints were going to snap my leg bones.

Since I am also not a fan of heightsl (or wide-open spaces for that matter), SkyScreamer/Windseeker type rides are the worst for me, and that even goes for Coney Island's Brooklyn Flyer, which is relatively short. At least with most other rides including sky coasters and slingshots you go up and down during the duration of the ride and any scary parts are over quickly.

The first time I rode an S&S Double shot was pretty scary. My only other experience up to that point with drop towers was an intamin 2nd gen tower at my home park. Of course. With the S&S tower being much shorter, I decided to ride with my arms up, thinking it wouldn't be very intense... BIG MISTSKE!... When we hit the top of the tower I swore I I was going to fly out of the ride from the insane ejector air.

Still an absolutely awesome ride though

I was a really timid kid as far as being alone and being in the dark. Got scared really easily. Heights was fine, never scared of coasters. But I couldn't handle the dark, even today I sleep with a nightlight on. Needless to say, Knoebels' Haunted Mansion did not sit well with me. I was maybe eight or nine, just me and my mom at the park. I spent the rest of the trip in a daze. I mean I was seriously shell-shocked, I could no longer enjoy anything else at the park, for the next two nights I cried because I was so scared. I remember my mom calling my dad from the Knoebels campground just so I could blubber over the phone to him and he could try to console me. For years afterward, every time I smelled that distinctive wood-and-oil smell the hair on the back of my neck stood up on end.

It's only in the past five years or so that I've ridden it again, and now I love it. Not because it doesn't scare me, but because it still does, especially when you ride it on a bright and sunny day and your eyes don't have time to adjust and the darkness is deep and enveloping. My connection to the ride is very personal, it's my only childhood experience that I could describe as being truly traumatic.

I hate everything with scare actors.

One of the things that really scares me is Mystery Castle in Phantasialand. I hate it to walk through the castle and behind

every corner there colud be a scare actor. If someone wants to ride Mystery Castle with me, this person has to go through the waiting area and check, if there is someone.

The good thing is, that during the winter opening, there are most of the time no scare actors. So I ride MC only in the winter.

^^ That's very unfortunate. Maverick didn't seem to brake down too offer during our visit. But Dragster was down when there was even a tiny raindrop.

What happened was that it rained quite a bit before the park opened but it stopped as soon as we got in (11 a.m.). At around 1 we moved to maverick's area and they said "The rain messed it up". I kept checking throughout the day and even though it never rained again it didn't open.

The following day I also went there a couple of times and nothing, and during that day it only rained for around 1 hour in the afternoon as it was very little. That was a Tuesday and from what I know I'm sure it was running without problems on Thursday. Even TTD was open for almost the entire time.

You can only imagine how pissed/sad I was

^^ That's very unfortunate. Maverick didn't seem to brake down too offer during our visit. But Dragster was down when there was even a tiny raindrop.

What happened was that it rained quite a bit before the park opened but it stopped as soon as we got in (11 a.m.). At around 1 we moved to maverick's area and they said "The rain messed it up". I kept checking throughout the day and even though it never rained again it didn't open.

The following day I also went there a couple of times and nothing, and during that day it only rained for around 1 hour in the afternoon as it was very little. That was a Tuesday and from what I know I'm sure it was running without problems on Thursday. Even TTD was open for almost the entire time.

I can understand and I've been to similar situations. *cough* NTaG, iRat, Shockwave, Tatsu *cough*

I can understand and I've been to similar situations. *cough* NTaG, iRat, Shockwave, Tatsu *cough*

I'm quite surprised Tastsu wasn't running. I've never seen a B&M closing for a second. And yeah, it sucks.

P.S. It also happened to me with el toro last summer. So a potential no 1 steel coaster for me and a would be for sure no 1 wooden coaster both closed in the same week