TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Attractive Roller Coaster Elements

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xcelerator's unsupported top hat gets my vote. It looks freaking awesome.

How does that just not totally fall apart.... its amazing!

Most coasters are strong enough to support the weight of the trains and forces without anything other than the spine and rails; the supports are there normally to just hold the weight at whatever height they need.

The thing is those top-hats are like arches, so the weight is distributed between the two tracks, which are sort of columns. Moreover, when a train comes, it doesn't had weight as they're negative g's at the top.

Hope that's make some sense..

I think I love you all even more now, after reading all the posts its clear we all agree that roller coasters are just beautiful things. I think the list of unattractive roller coaster elements would be much smaller!

I agree! They are beautiful! I know, it's awkward to say that, but it's true!

The thing is those top-hats are like arches, so the weight is distributed between the two tracks, which are sort of columns. Moreover, when a train comes, it doesn't had weight as they're negative g's at the top.

Hope that's make some sense..

Makes perfect sense. Of course, we know that the track could easily support a stalled train as well.

^How is it awkward to say a roller coaster is beautiful? Have you forgotten that you're on a roller coaster website?!

Also, I LOVE the name of the element Banana Roll just as much as I love the look of element itself! Any launched spaghetti bowl coaster also does it for me.

How did you guys quote pictures from RCDB with the copyrights on them?

Edit: Thanks for the response.

From RCDB.

Edited by Midgetman82

^^^Thanks!

^^ & ^ Oh my lord! I've never looked up pictures of the thing in real life yet. It still looks insane! I don't know how many g's they planned on pulling on the first drop or on the vertical twists! Scary!

I just love the looks of the Shambhala element. I don't really know why but it looks great en fun and makes me want to go try it out immediately.

The Stengel Dive on Goliath (Walibi Holland) I just love to do, that small nice sweep on top, I love it. Yet it looks so simple thats what makes it beautiful, if you asked me.