TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Control Panel Enthusiast Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seriously didn't think such a thread existed . . .

. . . but several things came to mind:

1. Chuck pushing the red button.

2. Rob running the controls on G'sengte Sau at Tripsdill.

3. Itchy pressing the red button in "The Simpsons Movie", followed by Dave Chapelle pressing the red button in "Undercover Brother".

4. Me, with the maniacal laugh of a mad scientist, pressing as many of those buttons as possible. (What can I say, I like pushing buttons . . . )

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the look of the console is of a very high priority when doing the electrical system design. You're basically just building a housing big enough to hold all the inputs and outputs, buttons, and panel views and making sure there is enough airflow to keep the components from over heating. Those smaller buttons seems to be almost a standard in Europe.

Edited by Jew

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys, i saw a lot of control panels in this thread with a button "acknowledge", what does that mean?

Most coasters its used as a continue button or to tell the ride you "acknowledge" what it is displaying. So if you are doing a lamp test it will keep flashing the lights until you press acknowledge to say that all of the lights work. If an error appears you can press acknowledge to tell the computer you have seen the error.

Hey guys, i saw a lot of control panels in this thread with a button "acknowledge", what does that mean?

In my experience, if something happened, its basically the ride system making sure you know it happened so you can respond to it. For example if there's low air pressure, the ride system may have a pilot light go off, and when that happens there may be a set time you have to hit the Acknowledge button before the ride system rolls into say a E-Stop. Now that's a completely theoretical situation that may never exist, but those are the type of situations I believe they're used for.

Here's a new control panel to add:

Speed_bumps_control_panel_kxyoung_flickr.thumb.jpg.92da5ad2af9992aa1f5a103897c20e05.jpg

This is the bumper cars panel at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It's a fairly simple panel. Some highlights: ride timer, from 0-5 minutes. Speed control from 1-5. Stays on 2 for normal operations, requires a key for speeds 3-5. Speed increase is only allowed for private events and employee parties. With a speed of 5, these cars FLY so one-way driving is a must and hard bumps tend to get bumpers lodged on top of each other. It's nuts.