TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I love how this thread was created while I was an employee at SFOG.

I remember how excited all the employees were about the opening of Goliath. After the Media Day craziness (and yes... that day was CRAZY!) While the employees were hanging out in the ESO Lot, the ride supervisors all came out and told us that we did such a good job that day with the lines and what not, and we could go back in the park and ride Goliath a few times. I remember the stampeed of khaki pants and blue shirts running to the Big G. I was on the first employee train, front seat, far right... I loved every minute! The fact that it was at night just enhanced the experience x100. Good times...

• 2 weeks later...

^ The only way to know is if SFOG posts something on their Facebook or Twitter and neither of those outlets have posted much on the matter. It's too bad the construction site is at the back of the park and no one can peer over the fence to take pictures, like other construction projects at other parks.

^ The only way to know is if SFOG posts something on their Facebook or Twitter and neither of those outlets have posted much on the matter. It's too bad the construction site is at the back of the park and no one can peer over the fence to take pictures, like other construction projects at other parks.

Technically, just go to the staff lot, and you may get a few peeks into the park.

^There used to be a time when employees were the only people allowed past that gate. Has that changed? You may be able to get some pictures from the pick up/drop off lot but there are trees there so that's an issue.

Correction

After viewing the previous page I now see that Skull Island will be included in Hurricane Harbor. Smart move on SFOG because 2 separate water sections wouldn't make sense. Judging by those photos, HE is going to be HUGE! I definitely gotta get to SFOG this year!

Edited by Seddy

^Back in my day, In-Charges went back for IC Training in February leading to OJT with crew members until the week of opening for the season. I doubt they'll have Hurricane Harbor opened at that time since it will still be a little chilly outside. But at the same time, I started 2006 as the Assistant Foreman at Thunder River and I was up in the tower dispatching boats on opening day. So with that said, it will be up to management but I'm sure they're gonna go the Skull Island route and open up once it gets warm.

At least TPR members will be able to get pictures of HH since you can see clearly once inside Cotton States (Home of my baby the great GASM - sorry I just had to. )

SFOG Visitors, Look at it this way; It'll take lines away from major coasters and make use of something that isn't really used.

Yep. Maybe I can finally get that elusive Dare Devil Dive credit.

I was just thinking about that the other day. The first day I get there this season, I'm going to DDD first. But really you've never gotten to ride it yet? It's been here for 3 years now. I know the lines are long but it is worth it for a first ride on it.

SFOG Visitors, Look at it this way; It'll take lines away from major coasters and make use of something that isn't really used.

Yep. Maybe I can finally get that elusive Dare Devil Dive credit.

I was just thinking about that the other day. The first day I get there this season, I'm going to DDD first. But really you've never gotten to ride it yet? It's been here for 3 years now. I know the lines are long but it is worth it for a first ride on it.

It's broken down every time I've gotten in line.

^I heard one day it got stuck at the top of the lift and they had to evac. Yikes!

I got my DDD credit during a special event when Piedmont Hospitals bought out the park one night for their employees back in 2011. The line was long but it was constantly moving so it only took an hour to get on. I definitely under estimated DDD. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. It craps all over Goliath IMO and its so smooth.

They could easily increase the Riders per hour rate if they utilized their entire station. Currently when a train returns to the station it stacks behind the train being loaded BUT its actually inside the station. They could easily use that area to unload a train while the one in front of it is loading, that way when the train is moved up it would be ready to load waiting guests immediately. I think that would also bring down wait times.

They could easily increase the Riders per hour rate if they utilized their entire station. Currently when a train returns to the station it stacks behind the train being loaded BUT its actually inside the station. They could easily use that area to unload a train while the one in front of it is loading, that way when the train is moved up it would be ready to load waiting guests immediately. I think that would also bring down wait times.

THIS.

But then again, I think the ride could use a bit more intensity. It'd be a great 'first coaster with inversions', but for me, I wish they'd built the lift 50' taller.

Judging by those photos, HH is going to be HUGE!

It's actually not going to be that big. Apart from the play structure there will be 4 water slides and a wave pool. Hopefully they will expand the new area soon.

This is no joke right here, they really do only use about a 10 foot stretch of the station. It's kind of depressing since it looks like the ride can handle more riders per hour.

Is DDD a maintenance nightmare?

When I went, the coaster was more of a capacity nightmare. There's only like 4 cars that can fit 6 people. It's a euro fighter that goes beyond vertical so people are going to want to ride it. Heck, when I went, there was a line for FLASH PASS! smh