TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

Although I'm paying my rent a week early and before christmas, I end up with 2 checks not going towards rent in January (I get paid on Feb 1st so that's when I'll pay).

But then Robb and Elissa is getting money out of that for the deposit for this europe trip. Have to make sure I make this trip! And what's left goes to the new computer fund.

Terry

1) Last day of work before my holiday vacation. Just a little paperwork to do and a lot of web surfing.

2) One of my friends gave me one of the nicest gifts ever (when I told everyone not to buy me anything): a bound journal to enter my thoughts in. It didn't cost a lot of money but took a lot of thought to get.

Anyway, I tell people not to buy me any Christmas gifts and save their money. If they want to give me anything, it should be some of their time. You know most of the people I know can't take an hour or two to just come by the house to just say hi? It's always in a bar with flashing lights and everyone is getting drunk. That's a sad thing especially as they are getting older. I have one person now that I regularly hang out, eat dinner or shop. But then if you have one person you can do that with, then you're pretty lucky.

When I lived in St. Louis, my circle of friends would call each other on Christmas or just stop by to say hi and visit for a while. I think that is worth more than just buying some gift a person may not like.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Terry