TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you love that everyone else hates?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have any coasters that I liked while no one else seemed to not like, but while others tend to love Raptor, It was just a boring ride. I prefer Batman.

Honestly, if there are so many Raptor clones around the world, why is CP's "the one?" It seems to me that the one in South Korea without a mcbr would be the best.

Cobra @ La Ronde - Nearly everyone hates this coaster, but I found this to be one of the better stand up coasters I've ridden. Its first half is really good (yeah, the second half is pretty weak) and its got a nice pop of ejector air.

Boomerangs, SLCs, & Volares - While none of these are my favorite rides and I have ridden extremely rough Boomerangs & SLCs before, I have ridden fun and smooth models of all of these.

Space Mtn @ Disneyland Paris - Yes, it is rough, but compared to its Vekoma neighbor at another nearby French Park (Gouderix), this ride is smooth as glass. On top of that, its got some nice theming, and is a fun ride overall.

I personally love alpengeist. And it's not that everyone eryone else hates it, but I place it far above any other coaster in the park, and consider it to be one of the best B&M creations.

Also, again not that necessarily everyone hates it, I just consider it to be a top 5 rideand far preferred it to Bizarro. I think part of that is the awful trains that ruin the airtime on bizarro. But even so, nothing compares to the pacing and intensity of those final airtime hills. Even the first turn after the drop is just so much more unique than anything on bizarro.

I personally love alpengeist. And it's not that everyone eryone else hates it, but I place it far above any other coaster in the park, and consider it to be one of the best B&M creations.

Also, again not that necessarily everyone hates it, I just consider it to be a top 5 rideand far preferred it to Bizarro. I think part of that is the awful trains that ruin the airtime on bizarro. But even so, nothing compares to the pacing and intensity of those final airtime hills. Even the first turn after the drop is just so much more unique than anything on bizarro.

Front row rides during night ERT at ECB last summer definitely solidified Alpengeist as my favorite Invert for sure! (above Afterburn and Raptor). It falls in my top 20 somewhere though. I still need to ride Montu! Sadly, I was a little let down with Apollos Chariot though...

In my opinion arrow coasters are amazing they are my favorite coasters my favorites being vortex and the great american scream machine. Then I love the suspended coasters too I don't get the hate I find them comfortable and fun, but sadly they are a dying breed.

I really *loved* the classic Raging Wolf Bob's at Geauga Lake prior to the new trains, retracking, etc...

I always had a blast on that ride... The classic PTC's with the buzzbars were so nice. The roughness made it feel much more aggressive than it really was, and once they retracked the entire ride and put G-trains on it, it got really boring. Some of my best park memories are riding that during Fright Fest when the fog rolled in and you could not see a thing.

I like Green Lantern at SFGAdv. It's forceful, it's fun, and I have never found it painful. Everyone that I go with complains that "It hurts my feet to the point where I can barely walk" which is a bit silly. The forces feel different when they are on your feet and legs, but I have yet to be hurt by it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say Mantis at Cedar Point. I thought it was great, my ex hated it.

I also liked Son of Beast (no loop, front seat)

and.......

I like Boomerangs. The first drops on a Boomerang always make me lose my stomach no matter how many times I ride.

The Stand out for me is The Roller Coaster (Manhattan Express) at NewYork NewYork H&C... I didn't mind it at all. Good combination of hyper coaster with inversions and not as rough as everyone says.

I've been on one SLC (Arkham Asylum) and I really enjoyed it... Honestly don't have a problem with them - it wasn't even that rough!

I am a huge fan or Arrow coasters, so I'd like to defend Viper SFMM and Desperado which both seem to get a pretty bad rap

I'm also surprised at how little love Silver Bullet gets... It''s my favourite invert!