TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Osama Bin Laden killed by American forces

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly disturbed by the celebrations, as we're no better than those that celebrated when the Towers fell.

C'mon USA, act like you've been in the end zone before.

And the fact that this took us ten years to accomplish is hardly reason to be proud.

Coming from someone who is actually overseas in the military. Here is my views on the subject:

Matt, stay legendary on RCT.

Bin Laden's death has good and bad.

Good is that we finished our mission and our goal, which makes the military and America look great. Plus it brought justice.

Bad is that he will probably become a martyr. But life goes on and that is what the military is for. You can't hide your life in fear just because of a small (compared to the ratio of the population around you) group, then the terrorist win.

Also, it isn't Bushes fault it took this long, as it isn't Obama's accomplishment that it happened in his administration. The truth is the President can't make the process go any faster.

--James

Also, it isn't Bushes fault it took this long, as it isn't Obama's accomplishment that it happened in his administration. The truth is the President can't make the process go any faster.

QFT. Fact is, its an accomplishment to be shared by Clinton, Bush and Obama.

I think the difference between us killing him and celebrating and arabs celebrating after 9/11 is that they were celebrating the death of civilians, whereas we were celebrating the death of the man who was behind their deaths and contributed to the deaths of American soldiers in Afghanistan. Civilians vs a terrorist.

This will bring closure for a lot of people and that's a good thing. But I agree with most of you that this only creates more dangers for us in the short term and we shouldn't be jumping up and down celebrating that we killed him (along with women and children) as well.

It's a no win situation. The only people that win are the grope hungry TSA agents!

Yep, still legendary.

Yup.

Legendary people like me are stuck on a really bad school computer (take home) that only has IE. In this case I wrote that post before the first bell to go to class. I'm only saying this because I have two or three posts dedicated to me

Also, thank you Team Thriller.

Now, I don't have an article or anything, but I've heard that the same extremist group that caused the whole south park controversy is already sending threats to military and government officials.

I lost eight people on 9/11- all airline employees for United and American- and have dealt with the grief of that day for the past decade. For the first time in ten years, I actually felt a sense of closure last night as I went to sleep- as I finally can say to myself that perhaps I can now let go of the ghosts of the past.

This should not be a joyous celebration- but rather, a somber end to a long, painful and emotionally destroying decade in American history. The memory of those we lost should be what's remembered- not the death of a man who murdered so many.

R.D.

I lost eight people on 9/11- all airline employees for United and American- and have dealt with the grief of that day for the past decade. For the first time in ten years, I actually felt a sense of closure last night as I went to sleep- as I finally can say to myself that perhaps I can now let go of the ghosts of the past.

This should not be a joyous celebration- but rather, a somber end to a long, painful and emotionally destroying decade in American history. The memory of those we lost should be what's remembered- not the death of a man who murdered so many.

R.D.

YES! Exactly

As to the threats..... let them make threats. They are extremist. Most of the time they don't actually do anything.

--James

R.D.

Sorry to hear about your loss but am glad that you are able to get some closure. Nothing we can do except move on and keep everyone in our memories.

As to the threats..... let them make threats. They are extremist. Most of the time they don't actually do anything.

--James

Well, They did some terrible things, eg. 9/11, London Bombings. You can't really say that they don't do anything.

^ Key words there - "most of the time."

I'm of the somber reflection group. Celebrating his death isn't something that I can really do. He was a figurehead in a terrorist organization, but I still have a problem celebrating the fact that we killed him. It makes me sad that we had to kill someone in the first place - you know what I mean?

It's great that the families of his (and his organization's) victims get to have some closure.

As far as terrorist threats go - I see terrorist organizations as Hydra...cut off one head and two grow in it's place. In my field, we have to go through annual Anti Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing training. Just because one leader of one group is gone (albeit he was a damned bad man,) there are still more out there. I am hopeful that this has had some affect on the different cells and organizations; yet wary.

David

--James

Well, They did some terrible things, eg. 9/11, London Bombings. You can't really say that they don't do anything.

Refering to the extermist group in Americia I was talking too. All they have done was attack an artist who drew some "offensive" pictures.

I wouldn't want to change our way of life based on the violent extermisim, but they are out there, and those that do take any action. Either authors of articles to military action. You should always take caution, even if they are clowns.

You never know.

Yeah, Obama's speech was a charismatic blunder in how much Obama used the word "I" in that speech.

Oh, and yeah:

It took 10 years, and finally the families of 9/11 victims have been avenged.(Was that a little too cliche?)

You know what's ironic about this? The U.S. trained Bin Laden to fight when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. Does anybody else see the irony in that?

I was chatting with a friend last night. He was watching TV, I wasn't. I jokingly said that people would soon be demanding to see the death certificate. A few minutes later, he said someone started joking about that. Apparently I'm several minutes ahead of my time.

If you enjoy the conspiracy theory stuff, Alex Jones has all the goods. I do recommend donning your tinfoil hat before venturing to his websites, though. Actually, a good double covering over your entire body would be in order.

I am strangely pleased about this news. Don't ask. I guess I'm just happy to see the U.S. accomplish a long-held goal.

I'm of the somber reflection group. Celebrating his death isn't something that I can really do. He was a figurehead in a terrorist organization, but I still have a problem celebrating the fact that we killed him. It makes me sad that we had to kill someone in the first place - you know what I mean?

I do know what you mean, and I don't entirely disagree.

So this means the war is over right?

Hmm. I guess I still cant believe that Osama and 9/11 are related. No hard evidence as of yet.

I will believe his death once I see pictures. We all know the government is great at covering stuff up. We saw Saddam Hussein's death virally, then we saw his body in the morgue virally too.

I support Obama, but now after he has announced his campaign for reelection Osama comes out as dead and the birth certificate? He could have been dead for years and Obama could be pulling this card now for a push for reelection. Who knows...

^There are photos of Osama's dead body out there, they are just not on CNN. My supervisor at work is Iraqi and showed us photos from an Arabic website.

The one picture I have seen has been out for awhile and has been reported fake according to this website:

http://newsnet7.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/usama-bin-laden-dead-body-pictures-are-fake-caution-graphic-photos/

EDIT: Maybe a more reputable source here: CLICK MEEEE