TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Here's a little Fun Spot Orlando update from today...

We're told that Fun Spot Action Park in Orlando is expanding... So let's check it out!

Fun Spot Orlando has a Paratrooper.

... They also have a Scrambler....

But we're going to ride the Ferris Wheel to see where the new expansion at Fun Spot Orlando is going to be built.

This appears to be the plot of land for the Fun Spot expansion.

Fun Spot Orlando announced a water park expansion and two roller coasters, one of them a woodie!

Here's what Fun Spot Orlando looks like from above.

And a look at the other side of Fun Spot Orlando.

There appears to be parts of an S&S Screamin Swing in the parking lot.

I'm assuming this was the Screamin Swing that used to be at Skull Kingdom?

Got air compressors?

Here's an interesting truck parked behind the park. Lazer maze perhaps? Probably not for the park, but still cool!

And one final look at the proposed Fun Spot Orlando expansion area. Looking forward to it!

Edited by robbalvey

Coaster Crew
Fun Spot is getting a GCI!!

I just got this on my phone as a tweet from coastercrew(aka in the loop) take this with a grain of salt, but Big Fun seems like it will happen here!

Well, absolutely nothing has been announced by either Fun Spot or GCI, so it's a little irresponsible for them to say that. Yes, I've heard the rumor, from more than one person, but we all know how "rumors" go. Having worked in this business as long as I have, I've seen a LOT of projects go through the concept phase, and that's it. One look at Shane's Amusement Attic will show you how many projects get "planned" but never happened.

There's always lots of rumors, but before the shovels hit the dirt, a lot can change. I'm looking forward to whatever the new addition (especially since it's right down the street from me), so I'm hoping for the best!

But we wouldn't ever tweet something like that until it's officially announced somewhere....

Oh, well, there you go then...Might have been nice for them to site a source though, like "On our show tonight, Fun Spot announced they are getting a GCI...." Seems like those guys could use a lesson in how to Tweet information, but, hey, what do I know? Right?

At least you can count on us to get you some great photo updates since we live, like, 2 minutes away!

Edited by robbalvey

^ I agree completely. In fact when I got the tweet I came here assuming it would be announced, but it wasn't hence the "take it with a grain of salt." I agree though that it was kinda weird considering there was zero source in the tweet. I don't even listen(regularly) anymore, but am too lazy to remove people I follow , and I occasionally listen to an episode if I am bored or can't sleep, so I follow them. Good news though... I never really think of this park in Florida, but this will pretty much be the best woodie in florida since DBH is gone.

From "In the Loop", Mark of Marketing said that it will be a "GCI, under 100', adjacent to the road, view-able from I-4, L-shaped matching the corner of the road". He also said that there will be tickets for only the coaster, so you can just go and ride the coaster and leave!

The details start at 39:45

http://coastercrew.net/intheloop.php?page=play&file=4311

Actually, going back to my screen grab from that video, the specs are pretty much what was in that video. I wonder if that was Mark in the video as well.

fun_spot_0.jpg

Awesome! I wonder what sort of layout we'll expect to see then. Just looking up the price tags on other GCI coasters of late, Prowler cost $8m, Apocalypse $10m, and Renegade $6.5m. Hopefully this doesn't mean too short of a layout. I also have to wonder if the "less than 100' " means 95 or 99 feet, or anywhere between 50-100 feet.

^btw, all Fun Spot attractions are pay-as-you-go.

From "In the Loop", Mark of Marketing said that it will be a "GCI, under 100', adjacent to the road, view-able from I-4, L-shaped matching the corner of the road". He also said that there will be tickets for only the coaster, so you can just go and ride the coaster and leave!

That certainly doesn't describe a Big Fun coaster! Interesting.

^^ No it doesn't! Well, being in Dr. Phillips, we're not far away, (took us about 5 minutes to get there when we did the photo update) so we'll be out there to get updates as soon as anything starts to happen! Very interested in this one.

Edited by robbalvey

Cool to see an FEC wanting to make a bigger splash among the behemoths in the area! A wooden coaster will put them head and shoulders above the competition who put in a Wacky Worm/ Wild Mouse...

It doesnt look like a "Big Fun" but it sure looks like it will be Big Fun!

Nick "Im going to Humor Hell for that one" Wells

Just something that came to mind, I'm all for Fun Spot expanding and buying a new wooden coaster, but I wonder if they looked into getting Dania Beach Hurricane instead. I mean, it's just sitting three hours away and was in really good shape on a flat pad of land.