TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I HATE when I text people and ask them to hang out and they never respond, and then one person responds a loooong time later and says he/she's busy. This is the 10th time this summer that it happened!

Whoop-di-f*cking-do. So apparently my school has me enrolled in AP Calc BC for this year instead of a dual enrollment city college calc, because I'm going to be a sophomore and juniors and seniors have priority enrollment, despite the fact that I aced the assessment test required to get into the dual enrollment class and I know some juniors who got in but barely passed the test. Really annoying as the AP Calc BC test is only accepted at some universities and even then does not waive the entire first series calculus that is a pre-req for a lot of engineering and higher level physics courses, only the first semester or two quarters even if you ace the test. The dual enrollment calc is a easier to apply as transfer credit and should hopefully be accepted by the majority of universities. The blatant age discrimination in the school system just pisses me off in ways I can barely describe.

I cannot stand how much hype action movies and super hero movies get. It's not like I've seen 500 of those already! Action movies are so predictable, they're way too long, and they're totally cliche. That and post-apocalyptic movies. God, every movie preview is either post-apocalyptic or action. It gets on my nerves, and frankly, I'd rather see a chick flick than another movie of these genres (and I'm an 18-year-old male).

It's not so much a rant as it is.

a feeling of just being 'down' these past few days.

Maybe it's because my TPR tours are over for the year.

The weather's been sunny, hot and great, but now it's

getting 'normal (i.e. rain).

We've just started our Queer Film Festival (#25 Yay!),

but already I am feeling like this is not my best year

at the Fest.

I am pretty sure I will snap out of this feeling, soon enough.

But for now......BLEAAAHHHHHHH.

The college kids have only been here for a couple days now and I've already had multiple drunk morons stumble out in front of me, not to mention the retards who don't even know how to traverse a friggin' roundabout. I mean, Keene State is stereotyped as being full of drunk, spoiled, incredibly stupid Connecticut specials with rich daddies, but some stereotypes are actually quite true, and this is certainly one of them.