TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

I am going to be at Knott's the same day as WCB but with a different group of people, so I really won't be in WCB for that. However, I'm considering going to SFMM's the day before, and probably going to bring a friend as a guest. Would I need to get the money from her first? Or would she need to send the check directly to you?

I would totally talk your group into doing the Knott's event. It is an incredible event, and an incredible deal! You will absolutely hate being there on the same day and see all the things you are missing out on. You'll see us on ERT, tours, and a buffet lunch, and wish you were with us!

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

As for payment, you would have to pay in advance using the options available on the registration (I think they were paypal or send in a check). So I "think" you could either pay with a credit card through pay pal, or have her mail in a check with her registration. However, remember that if she is not a TPR member, she has to be registered by a TPR member.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to be at Knott's the same day as WCB but with a different group of people, so I really won't be in WCB for that. However, I'm considering going to SFMM's the day before, and probably going to bring a friend as a guest. Would I need to get the money from her first? Or would she need to send the check directly to you?

I would totally talk your group into doing the Knott's event. It is an incredible event, and an incredible deal! You will absolutely hate being there on the same day and see all the things you are missing out on. You'll see us on ERT, tours, and a buffet lunch, and wish you were with us!

Well it's actually with a youth group, so that can't really work out, and I don't have to pay much for it. Don't get me wrong, ERT is great, as are backstage tours, and I went to the KBF WCB last year, but I didn't really enjoy it and didn't do the SFMM one (which looked a lot better, so that's something I want to do). The real main problem for me is that I lack the money for both.

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event.

^Yes (sort of), you will get an email with more details for the event, which is only sent to people who have tickets to WCB.

Edited by R.C.

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event.

^Yes (sort of), you will get an email with more details for the event, which is only sent to people who have tickets to WCB.

EDIT: I don't know why this double posted...

Edited by R.C.

A quick look at the events calendar shows the 19th as "Physics" day at the mountain. They are also listing WCB, however, it's listed as an enthusiasts event and not a TPR event. Suppose "Physics" day is book all of those rooms...

It's always physics day the day of WCB.

Haven't bought my tickets yet, will be doing shortly.

I just remember the weather last year.

Morning: Rain, cold

Lunch: Hail, colder

5 minutes later: heat nice

1 hr later: Heat, not so nice.

Well, it looks like I won't be attending this year. I just got out of the hospital after a week and a half and my doctor told me to avoid strenuous activities for at least two months. That includes riding coasters. Regardless, I hope everyone has a blast! WCB last year was my best park visit ever and I know that this year will not disappoint for all attending!

HEY! is anyone driving down from the bay area Friday afternoon? Wanna caravan? I would offer to carpool but (1) my fiance is driving and (2) we won't be coming back until the following Friday [vacation in san diego after]... BUUUT, it would be cool/fun to caravan with other TPR'ers if you are planning on going down around the same time. I want to be in Valencia by 5-6pm on Friday.

Let me know here, or PM. If anyone really needs a ride one-way we can see what we can work out.

^ZeroG, that sucks bro. There's always next year, and you want to be sure you make a good and speedy recovery, so you can go ride green lantern when it opens! Heh. We'll have fun for you bro.

Guys, I believe having already seen this discussed earlier in this thread that they are referring to the Coaster Solace event and not WCB. Everything will go as planned and announced. (now crossing fingers) And skaunit: i'm in the bay area and going down to Valencia on Friday too, but i'm thinking i want to get there a little earlier than that...

well how much earlier? I was figuring most people would be going later, so that was my latest time, but heading down earlier would be ok too. I am taking advantage of my benefits as a hilton employee, so I am staying at the Embassy Suites, and they have a happy hour that I plan on enjoying at that time of evening, so that was really the only reason why.... anyway... maybe we should take this to PM... hit me up if you wanna cruise down together

Is it time for WCB yet?

No kidding.

I'm still debating my intinary. I get off work at 4 pm friday. Home by 5.

If I drive to valencia that night it's 150 miles fighting traffic and paying for a hotel.

If I wait to drive saturday there shouldn't be traffic, just an early wake up.

Will be getting a hotel in buena park for both saturday and sunday night but haven't booked it yet.

well how much earlier? I was figuring most people would be going later, so that was my latest time, but heading down earlier would be ok too. I am taking advantage of my benefits as a hilton employee, so I am staying at the Embassy Suites, and they have a happy hour that I plan on enjoying at that time of evening, so that was really the only reason why.... anyway... maybe we should take this to PM... hit me up if you wanna cruise down together

Is that Happy Hour good on saturday too??? Since I'm staying at the Courtyard Marriott down the street...I may just venture over.

^Are they also postponing sfmm? If so, will this effect SFMM?
I just heard from ACE News Now, that Knott's has postponed it's annual winter coaster solace event, will this affect WCB?

STOP!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!! STOP POSTING CONFLICTING INFORMATION ABOUT OUR EVENT! YOU ARE GOING TO CONFUSE PEOPLE AND IF YOU DO THIS AGAIN I WILL BAN YOU FROM TPR FOREVER!!!!

Winter Coaster Solace has **NOTHING** to do with West Coast Bash!!!

ACE has **NOTHING** to do with Theme Park Review

The only person who should be posted anything official about a TPR event is Elissa or Myself. If it doesn't come from one of us, DO NOT POST ABOUT IT!!!

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

On the subject of SFMM opening up a "coaster enthusiast" event for ACE members, let me clear one thing up for all of you...It's actually not an ACE event. The park has decided to open up *some* features of WCB to more people, not just ACE members, to help off-set the cost. There wasn't much we can do about it, but we have been told by the park that WCB members will get special perks, our own lanyard, our own Q&A/presentation, etc, etc. I kind of equate it to when more than one school has "physics day" on the same day and each of them have their own activities.

But bottom line is, I've been told that WCB will have exclusive things just for our event. Based on what SFMM has done for us in the past, do you see any reason why we should doubt them?

I'm so sick of people posting confusing and conflicting information, creating more work for us, that I'm ready to ban the next person that does it from TPR forever. Your posts created problems and I actually had people email me to ask me about the cancelled event and would their West Coast Bash tickets be good on another day!

WEST COAST BASH IS NOT CANCELLED!!! Seriously guys, you're making more work for us! STOP IT!!!!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^^ Honestly, I'd almost ALWAYS rather wake up closer to my destination than have a long drive the morning of the event.

I would say drive down to Valencia about 8pm, that way you could avoid most traffic. You'd still have to worry about a hotel though.

Anyone else going up early (Friday night) and want to get together for a pre-bash dinner/happy hour? We're staying at the HGI?

ERT Schedule from Six Flags Magic Mountain!

Morning ERT:

8:30a.m.: Colossus, Scream, Goliath, Batman The Ride

9:30 a.m.: Adding Tatsu and X2.

Evening ERT:

9:00 p.m.: Gold Rusher, Revolution, Colossus, Viper, Riddler’s Revenge, Déjà vu, Goliath, Apocalypse

9:30 p.m. Adding X2, Batman The Ride, and Scream

Obviously all rides are subject to availability. For example, Déjà vu is in rehab now and may or may not be available on March 19th. (Fingers crossed!)

Buy your West Coast Bash Tickets here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

Edited by robbalvey