TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Discussion Thread

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Is this place worth going to? after SFFT my wife wants to go to galveston. I don't see the value here but I may not have a choice

The Pleasure Pier is definitely worth every penny. Plan to hit some rides early afternoon then take a stroll and have lunch along the seawall and the beach. Finally finish off your night with more rides at the Pier. I loved how the security guards greeted us as we walked into the pier over and over and over again throughout the day.

Is this place worth going to? after SFFT my wife wants to go to galveston. I don't see the value here but I may not have a choice

^ if you have Club TPR, you get a discount. I mean its fun place to go for a few hours and Iron Shark is cool. I'm just not sure its worth 28,99.

What is the discount to the pier and how many people can use it? I'm taking 5 people on the trip with me.

With Club TPR, you can use the card for everyone in your group to get the discount. I know you said in earlier post above, that you would be coming from SFFT. There is also a discount on SFFT single day tickets from Club TPR. It beats the online price. (sorry I am not sure I could post the pricing Club TPR gets)

Also, Galveston Pier must of lowered the 28.99 to 26.99. I could see them lower it again. I only been to the pier twice, both on 14.99 special customer appreciation days but that does not happen often.

• 2 months later...

Checked this place out last week on a work trip to Houston and it's certainly nice, clean and seems to be run pretty well. Iron Shark was a fun quick ride. I'll echo what's been stated here already, to me I think it's tough to justify the ride all day ticket, however if you're in the area to check out the local scene and snag the credit you can get a pier pass for $10 and I think the Iron Shark ride ticket is $6. Is $16 a little steep to snag the credit? Probably, but for what it is it's clean and I have to imagine the pricing probably keeps the crowds from getting crazy as it was still relatively hopping on a Monday night when I went.

• 4 weeks later...

I lol'd so hard at the "no commentary" disclaimer for the second POV part. You'd swear these people either can't find the mute button on Youtube and/or probably go on the rides themselves and tell people to stop screaming in mid-ride because it's ruining the "experience" for them

Seriously though, THANK YOU for this! I have been dying for a good quality POV of Iron Shark, and I'm sure many others have too, since they opened it and you deliver as always. Good show, sir! Jolly good show!

That looks like fun. Thanks for putting together the video. The park has not worked into our schedule when we've been in the area. I hope to hit it and Iron Rattler on our trip out west the end of this year.

This is just in time for Shark Week on the Discovery Channel (starting 8/4)...

At the end of the video, did I hear right? A 48 inch height requirement for a euro fighter? Geestlauer needs to make more of these lap bar 'fighters!

Isn't that the height restriction for all of them? I thought Mystey Mine and Spongebob were also 48"