TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

I saw STRFKER tonight. Oh my god, it was absolutely amazing. There was so much dancing, and the crowd was so into it. The band was absolutely great, too, they do an amazing job of blending electric and acoustic music. I even got to high five one of the band members and congratulate him after the show!

Edit: The audio is terrible, but this should give you an idea of what the show was like:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last concert i was at was The Bloody Beetroots @ The Guvernment during their 2010 Death Crew 77 Tour. It was the loudest, hardest, and sickest show ive been to.

Anyways, heres my lineup for this year:

OFWGKTA

Foster the People

SBTRKT

Deadmau5

And Coachella 2012 next year

Gonna be sweet.

OFWGKTA

Haha, have fun! I could never handle an Odd Future show, far too much moshing for a skinny, weak kid like myself. But my friend went to their show at the Troubador in LA a few months ago and ended the concert on stage leaning on Tyler, The Creator's shoulder chanting, "kill people, burn sh**, f*** school!" Good stuff. Also, I'll also hopefully go to Coachella 2012. I went to it this year and had one of the most amazing weekends possible, you'll love it.

I saw Buckethead for the first time at Rams Head Live last night in Baltimore. Puts on a good show like always, and I got a Star Wars toy from him.

Saw him with Guns 'N Roses the first time they toured with the Chinese Democracy lineup. Good stuff.

Had a decent weekend.

Thursday: Excision+Deadmau5 @Hollywood Palladium (eh)

Saturday: Reid Speed+ Cyberoptics+ FS @Crest Theater in Fresno

Then I woke up at around 8am, drove back to LA and went straight to THE SMELL for Teenage Teardrops 5th year anniversary show with No Age, and a ton of others until around 7pm. Pretty good afternoon, really loud and someone played a set in the bathroom. The Smell is a pretty fun venue. Also, there was only 100-150 people there and some random guy was wearing a WCB 2011 shirt. small world indeed.

Coming up before the end of October for sure (tickets in hand):

FYF Fest @LA Historic Park

Givers @Troubadour

Panda Bear+ TV on the Radio+ Artic Monkeys+ Warpaint+ Smith Westerns @Hollywood Bowl

Star Slinger @Troubadour

Blink 182 (bleh) @Hollywood Bowl

PORTISHEAD!!!! @Shrine Auditorium

Gaelic Storm @Troubadour

And a few others I can't recall right now. Should make the first two months of the school year more tolerable.

I went to a "punk" show at Ace of Spades in Sacramento yesterday. The lineup was Machete, The Carbonites, Stalking Distance, Keeping Score, and Witzend, and though the only band I had heard about prior to the show was The Carbonites (since it's my friend's band and the only reason I went, after all), I was excited for a good, fun punk show.

Except it wasn't. Machete was kinda sorta punkish, but more hard rock than anything else. They reminded me of Megadeth for some reason. Stalking Distance was a hardcore band. Keeping Score was a full-out, hardcore, screamo band. Witzend was a Christian rock band that didn't try to hide it at all, a la Flyleaf or The Devil Wears Prada.

It was a very strange, not very enjoyable show, to be honest. My friend's band didn't fit in AT ALL, and the people there just seemed lame.

Just attended FYF Fest this past weekend at the LA Historic Park in Chinatown. It was INCREDIBLE. Very, very dusty and lots of cigarette smoke, but it was absolutely incredible. Throughout the entire day I saw: Touche Amore, Avi Buffalo, Title Fight, The Head & The Heart, Ty Seagall, OFF!, Japandroids, Cults, Cold War Kids, Kid Dynamite, Broken Social Scene, Guided by Voices, The Descendents, and Death From Above 1979. It was incredible. I cannot wait till next year's event!

Just attended Joshua Fest this past weekend. It was great! Saw my favorite band (Thousand Foot Krutch) for the 7th time ever, and had the added bonus of getting to chat a little bit with the band members after the concert.

Crowd Cam:

I can actually see myself briefly in this video, but I'm not going to tell you which one is me. You're just going to have to believe me.

There was another band that did something like the above, I think it was Disciple. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it because I was there too bouncing up and down!

Just attended Joshua Fest this past weekend. It was great! Saw my favorite band (Thousand Foot Krutch) for the 7th time ever, and had the added bonus of getting to chat a little bit with the band members after the concert.

Funny, my friend was just there to see Thousand Foot Krutch as well. Sounded like it was fun! I had the oppurtunity to see TFK at Fish Fest two years ago, definitely started a pit for funsies and it was pretty funny to watch all the mom's of their twelve year old sons rip them back from the pit.

This last Saturday 9/10 I attended Phoenix's local rock station 98 KUPD's Red White and UFest. Bands were, Back from Ashes (great local band), Boy Hits Car (was not too impressed with them), Black Veil Brides (again not too impressed, just another Avenged Sevenfold), My Darkest Days (a decent radio rock band), Times of Grace (great band featuring members of Killswitch Engage), Digital Summer (a very good local band that's making it pretty big now), Danko Jones (one of the main reasons I went, I've been wanting to see Danko for years now and they did not let me down), Filter (really shouldn't have been in this lineup but put on a good show, almost got booed off of the stage), Anthrax (one word, amazing…I've now seen 3 of the Big Four thrash bands, just have Slayer to go) and Five Finger Death Punch (4th time seeing them and they keep getting better and better).

The best thing about this show is the fact that it was intended to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the morning show, Holmberg’s Morning Sickness. The host of the show, John Holmberg, basically said “F*** that, I’m proud of the fact we’ve been on the air for ten years but something more important happened ten years ago. We need to honor that.” The show was then turned around to be a tribute/remembrance show for the tragedy that occurred on 9/11/01. He gave tickets to First Responders (Police, Fire, EMT, etc.) and Military personnel for free to thank them for the amazing work they do every day, knowing that if another tragedy were to happen they’d be the first to jump and put other peoples lives before their own. Almost 10,000 people showed up and approximately 3,000 were first responders and military. Countless applauses and cheering for those men and women occurred throughout the day as well as just walking up to a man or woman in uniform and shaking their hand to give thanks. The break for the Arizona Color Guard to present our nations colors with the guitarists from Anthrax playing the national anthem literally gave me chills.

Almost 12 hours of non-stop hard rock and heavy metal leaves me battered and bruised two days later. Amazing show for an amazing purpose.