TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

I think the best part of that thread is the fact Kat has now put forth more effort in the last month into posting false accusations towards Robb than she has updating her website. Which is a real shame, as I am sure all of us at TPR would definitely support a well organized effort to save a classic coaster.

Robb's response exemplifies why TPR is so great. Kudos to you.

FYI - "Kat" and "Katie" are two different people on that site.

Resorting to personal attacks sometimes works when you're running for office, but they're a last gasp otherwise.

Yeah, the business license gambit is pathetic. Just calling Robb a "fat bastard" would be more effectual.

Agreed. And would have been true!

Edited by robbalvey

Wasn't Katie the one who demanded the free DVDs? Not like "thanks for sending me a copy to review" but "why didn't I get my free review copy yet?". I'm guessing that's the same one.

I honestly don't know what she's talking about. We have sent our DVDs to quite a few sites who requested them. I don't know of any site that I'm "IP Blocked" from. The woman is nuts. Like seriously. Not in the sense that she has them in her mouth. She's just flat out insane.

^^We tried to get KT to hold it for the picture for even more comedic value but she wouldn't cooperate!

Haha, that would've been adorable!

I know! I was so bummed...but kids will be kids.

I honestly couldn't give two sh1ts about what Katie has to say or accuse us of. She's has no idea what she's talking about. I just posted the picture to be funny. Well, that and to shut her up, but I think that's impossible, so I'll go with comedic value!

^^We tried to get KT to hold it for the picture for even more comedic value but she wouldn't cooperate!

Haha, that would've been adorable!

I know! I was so bummed...but kids will be kids.

I honestly couldn't give two sh1ts about what Katie has to say or accuse us of. She's has no idea what she's talking about. I just posted the picture to be funny. Well, that and to shut her up, but I think that's impossible, so I'll go with comedic value!

And that's why TPR appeals to me. When people like Katie b*tch and complain about us, we just make fun of them and laugh at the situation!

That picture really fired her up. Also looks like your office is kept nice and clean, so bonus points for that. While not really worth the time or energy, it would be funny to setup a special travel site for our new friends to book on. www.alveyxcursions.com (it's not real people, nor does it exist, so don't try pulling it up) Prince Desmond could be the backer.

^ She really inspires me. If more people in the world could be like her, this planet would be much closer to the future reality portrayed in Mike Judge's film "Idiocracy."

In all seriousness, though, why would I post my business license number to that site? There is absolutely no good reason for me to post our sensitive information to someone who clearly is unstable. I have nothing to prove to her and I don't care what she has to say.

Sorry, Katie, I'm not stupid. Yes, we have all of our licenses needed to conduct our business...but I ain't sharing it with some whack-job like you! We give it out to other businesses who require it, not to random scary people with some sort of a personal vendetta, sorry.

Oh, and Katie, if we weren't legit, we wouldn't be able to get people their visa's to countries like China. Suck it woman!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Websites like Geauga Lake Today really make me appreciate TPR more and more. I never realized how much animosity there was in the coaster world towards Robb Elissa and TPR until recently and its all over this ridiculous Big Dipper Project. Oh well, I guess being a member of TPR and reading this website for the past 10 or so years has shielded me from the suckfest that is every other theme park site Ive ever been to.

When it comes down to it, some people are just jealous of other people's accomplishments. I think this is a perfect example. Disprove the accusations, which leaves her with nothing more than an illegitimate argument about posting in a dead thread? Does one not have the right to defend ones self even if a few days have gone by? I mean it's not like this was posted last summer, a week or two ago, yes.

Not sure if they deserve any more of our attention, Big Dipper, yes, GLT, no. And with that, I leave some of them (more specifically one of them)(even more specific, Katie) with this:

Websites like Geauga Lake Today really make me appreciate TPR more and more. I never realized how much animosity there was in the coaster world towards Robb Elissa and TPR until recently and its all over this ridiculous Big Dipper Project. Oh well, I guess being a member of TPR and reading this website for the past 10 or so years has shielded me from the suckfest that is every other theme park site Ive ever been to.

Thanks for the kind words Ross. The animosity mostly comes because we (meaning Elissa and myself) don't take things too seriously. We actually like to have FUN and that really seems to upset a lot of people! I don't get it. If the hobby is about theme parks and roller coasters - outlets which primary function is to enduce fun and enjoyment, then why can't we have fun with the hobby?

It's like I said - TPR isn't for everyone, and I totally get that. And I really, really DO appreciate those who understand our perspective on things.

And those that don't...well, as Gordon Ramsey would say "F**k off with you!"

--Robb