TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

This is so hilarious! Maybe Kat thought she got a month's free buffet at Golden Corral with the purchase of a roller coaster!?! But seriously, has anyone else thought about the guy she bought it from? He has to just be laughing his arse off with every post she makes knowing that nothing will ever happen. It's said, but like Robb has said from the beginning, this is not something for amateurs, and they are just proving why with every move they make.

This may go down in history as the biggest botched attempt in the Amusement industry....

I meant to say the most "funniest" instead of "biggest". My bad, I know the WWW and HRP were far worse in financials and such. However, those are not as laughable as this one. That is were I was getting at.

I think it's a decent response. I was just scavenging their site today and surprised I missed that, however, I wasn't looking in the misc pile either. Personally I could care less if one has an IATA number or not. Plus, one would expect the person or persons (must include Elissa) who arrange for trips or activities to get their way paid for organizing, planning, and producing a great time, not to mention the money to send out bags of crap, shipping of products that often costs you more than what we pay you for, server bills, etc. Afterall that's only fair.

I have no beef with anyone on that site, I'm not a member of it either, but it seems they mostly complain about the state the park is in or try to half hazardly get people together to do that same. Bottom line, the park is gone, it's not coming back, and the likelihood of the Big Dipper realizing the same fait is 99%

One day they will give in and migrate over.

Excellent Robb (I acknowledged the second "b"). I think you done summed it up.

The best part of your post is that looking at GLT is how I found a site with a mixture of logic and humor. Hell, I may eveeuntally become a paying member to the main club.

GLT Katie, I can be proof that I am not a 12 year old member. I am in my upper thirties and make a six digit salary prior to my bonus. I can also prove that to you if you like. Would you like a copy of my W2 (that is a tax form). Of course I need to blank out the personal info. However I could take a picture of me holding it for you.

I can't wait to see their response!

To be honest it's not about their response. It's about TPR presenting themselves in the professional, yet humourous manner that I believe we carry ourselves. I'm not interested in petty back and forth bickering over the internet.

I'm into people giving TPR the fair shot we deserve. And if you're not into TPR like Katie says, that's fine. If any if them want to call us names, that's fine.

But don't make stuff up. Don't outright lie to try to prove a point. Calling each other names is childish, yes, and most of us are guilty of it at some point of our Internet lives. But lying and telling untrue stories? That's just stupid and shows serious flaws in ones personality and security.

I give GLT props for caring about something so long after it's gone. Do I think some of that energy might be misguided? It's not my place to say. But to those people on GLT who are fabricating stories in an attempt to make TPR look bad are only making themselves look worse.

I would not encourage anyone from TPR to respond to that thread. There isn't any more that can be said.

--Robb

Robb, the whole thing about making money (however much you make) off of DVD sales, merch, trips, etc. often comes up in conversations with coaster friends of mine. The answer you gave is almost word for word the answer I always give them. I don't even want to try to fathom the work that goes into everything that is done with this site, and I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that I would be trying to make at least some type of profit if I was working that hard.

People get mad because you charge for DVDs, and then I say, so is he supposed to buy DVDs, travel to parks, take footage with an HD camera that he bought, then edit and produce the videos and NOT charge for them?!?! People complain about how much trips cost, and I will definitely admit that a group of people could organize a trip for much cheaper, but not get anywhere NEAR the perks and benefits that come standard on a TPR trip. There was that other site that recently started trying to organize trips, and I remember seeing a quoted price of about $1200 for a central Florida trip. Funny how they bitch and moan about how much TPR trips cost, and then when it comes down to it, they try to organize trips for their own site members and it costs the same!!!

Some people say you're an a-hole, arrogant, [insert whatever they always say] and that you don't care about anyone on this site except yourself. Well I believe I've met you three times, including basically the whole day you guys were at AA on the Deep South Tour in 2009, and you've been nothing but professional, courteous, and kind, as have the other members that represented TPR on those dates. Does this mean I "worship" you (as other sites love to claim about TPR members)? No! It just means I've had nothing but pleasant experiences and I can formulate my own opinion on people without following the sheep (whether it be lovers or haters).

Anyway, rambling aside, this is without a doubt the best site for enthusiasts that I've come across, so keep doing what you're doing. Haters are gonna hate regardless.

Some people say you're an a-hole, arrogant, [insert whatever they always say] and that you don't care about anyone on this site except yourself. Well I believe I've met you three times, including basically the whole day you guys were at AA on the Deep South Tour in 2009, and you've been nothing but professional, courteous, and kind, as have the other members that represented TPR on those dates. Does this mean I "worship" you (as other sites love to claim about TPR members)? No! It just means I've had nothing but pleasant experiences and I can formulate my own opinion on people without following the sheep (whether it be lovers or haters).

I'll be the first to admit I can be an asshole. But let's be honest here, who at some point in their lives hasn't been a bit of an asshole to people...when it's sort of deserved?

I think you'll find it's VERY rare that I'm just outright a dick without anything promoting that behaviour. I'd say in 99% of the cases where people see my obnoxious side it's because they have done something to bring it out of me.

It comes down to this - I spend just about every waking moment of my day working on TPR. We have a LOT of people on this site who appreciate what we do, "get" our sense of humor, and support every bit of effort we put into the site. And those people are the ones that I will respond in kind to. Those are the people who I spend the time to respond to emails, create free downloadable DVDs for, stay up until 3 or 4am to put together an IAAPA update for. Those are the people I care a lot about.

Those people who give me crap, are going to that exactly in return! Why should I be nice to someone who's berating me? I have no time and very little patience for that.

And you're right Steve. You could take one of our TPR trips and do it cheaper on your own. Put four people in a hotel room, get a cheap rental car, and road trip. Eat McDonalds and Taco Bell every day, get as cheap of park discount tickets as you can. Hell, we HELP people do this who are unable to take a TPR trip! People sometimes forget this site is NOT just about promoting our trips. We are here to help people visit parks! Whether they are doing a TPR trip or doing it on the cheap. We do not discriminate. We just want people to have the best time at theme parks as possible.

But if you want the exact same experience as you get on a TPR trip, you cannot do it cheaper. It's just not possible. I challenge anyone to try to pull it off. The attention to detail we put into each trip, the amount of extras that we offer, and the personal touch we give each trip cannot be matched. Now, our trips may not be for everyone, and that's fine. But you can't do the same trip, apples for apples, cheaper or better than we can. That is how confident I am in what we do. And that's not me being arrogant, that's me being damn proud of what we've managed to pull off over the years.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I can't wait to see their response!

To be honest it's not about their response. It's about TPR presenting themselves in the professional, yet humourous manner that I believe we carry ourselves. I'm not interested in petty back and forth bickering over the internet.

Maybe I should rephrase that. I definitely don't want this to turn into pointless bickering, but I think everyone still remembers what happened last time we got some type of response on the subject. We had countless hours of entertainment and laughter provided to us, and unless anything changes, something even more humorous is bound happen. That is what I was referring to.

I'll be the first to admit I can be an a$$hole. But let's be honest here, who at some point in their lives hasn't been a bit of an a$$hole to people...when it's sort of deserved?

I think you'll find it's VERY rare that I'm just outright a dick without anything promoting that behaviour. I'd say in 99% of the cases where people see my obnoxious side it's because they have done something to bring it out of me.

It comes down to this - I spend just about every waking moment of my day working on TPR. We have a LOT of people on this site who appreciate what we do, "get" our sense of humor, and support every bit of effort we put into the site. And those people are the ones that I will respond in kind to. Those are the people who I spend the time to respond to emails, create free downloadable DVDs for, stay up until 3 or 4am to put together an IAAPA update for. Those are the people I care a lot about.

Those people who give me crap, are going to that exactly in return! Why should I be nice to someone who's berating me? I have no time and very little patience for that.

And you're right Steve. You could take one of our TPR trips and do it cheaper on your own. Put four people in a hotel room, get a cheap rental car, and road trip. Eat McDonalds and Taco Bell every day, get as cheap of park discount tickets as you can. Hell, we HELP people do this who are unable to take a TPR trip! People sometimes forget this site is NOT just about promoting our trips. We are here to help people visit parks! Whether they are doing a TPR trip or doing it on the cheap. We do not discriminate. We just want people to have the best time at theme parks as possible.

But if you want the exact same experience as you get on a TPR trip, you cannot do it cheaper. It's just not possible. I challenge anyone to try to pull it off. The attention to detail we put into each trip, the amount of extras that we offer, and the personal touch we give each trip cannot be matched. Now, our trips may not be for everyone, and that's fine. But you can't do the same trip, apples for apples, cheaper or better than we can. That is how confident I am in what we do. And that's not me being arrogant, that's me being damn proud of what we've managed to pull off over the years.

--Robb

I've met Robb a couple of times and while I think he spells his name the wrong way he's always been kind and approachable on the TPR events I've attended. I think the "a$$hole" Robb people see is more a product of having to run this internet site and the necessity of having to take a line or stand about something. I don't always agree with Robb's response or stance on something but that's life in general and dealing with people everywhere. It gets magnified on the Internet though.

I think the best part of that thread is the fact Kat has now put forth more effort in the last month into posting false accusations towards Robb than she has updating her website. Which is a real shame, as I am sure all of us at TPR would definitely support a well organized effort to save a classic coaster.

Robb's response exemplifies why TPR is so great. Kudos to you.

Edited by Jew

^^Agreed. As Robb said over at the GL fansite, the Zippin Pippin project has more support because professionals with an actual plan are involved. Resorting to personal attacks sometimes works when you're running for office, but they're a last gasp otherwise.

As an Ohioan I cannot believe people have gotten so up tight about all of this. I think the whole Big Dipper thing is nuts the attacks from other sites are nothing but nothing but jealousy.

Robb sent me a few dvds to review back a few years when I helped run a coaster site. I thank him for that and wish the project didn't completely fall to pieces so I could of actually posted the reviews.