TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Look I get that we've not necessarily been the nicest of people to these two, but the comedy comes at the expense of the ineptness of what they have done up to this point. If they do not like people having criticisms of their plans (or rather lack thereof) that is their prerogative and maybe they should seek out ways to rectify those complaints and negativity in a productive manner.

They must also understand that in buying this thing, they've opened themselves up to a section of their life being very public. Hell, going into it I'd hoped they would understand that as if it were me in their shoes, I'd know that any big fund raising plans would require me to go everywhere humanly possible to secure interest/awareness/funds for the large and daunting project ahead...

Not everyone will agree with you or support you, it isn't anything personal. It goes with the territory of being out in the public eye and a spokesperson for the group you represent.

But, going around talking about a man's children as well as the low-blow jab at someone being "fat" in direct response to reasoned critique of your organization/plans just smacks you in the forehead of everything that we've said up until this point as being 100% correct. The childlike naivety and response just further hurts whatever support you could muster... It is unprofessional and completely misses the point of what we've been saying since news broke of the deal.

An idiot and their dollar are often easily separated, however, when you cannot convince a group of enthusiasts (some of who spend thousands upon thousands of dollars a year on riding these wonderful machines) as to the merit and worth of your endeavor, then a trip back to the drawing board might be in need as how can you convince average citizens to spend their money on a bonfire-in-the-making?

Look I get that we've not necessarily been the nicest of people to these two, but the comedy comes at the expense of the ineptness of what they have done up to this point. If they do not like people having criticisms of their plans (or rather lack thereof) that is their prerogative and maybe they should seek out ways to rectify those complaints and negativity in a productive manner.

They must also understand that in buying this thing, they've opened themselves up to a section of their life being very public. Hell, going into it I'd hoped they would understand that as if it were me in their shoes, I'd know that any big fund raising plans would require me to go everywhere humanly possible to secure interest/awareness/funds for the large and daunting project ahead...

Not everyone will agree with you or support you, it isn't anything personal. It goes with the territory of being out in the public eye and a spokesperson for the group you represent.

But, going around talking about a man's children as well as the low-blow jab at someone being "fat" in direct response to reasoned critique of your organization/plans just smacks you in the forehead of everything that we've said up until this point as being 100% correct. The childlike naivety and response just further hurts whatever support you could muster... It is unprofessional and completely misses the point of what we've been saying since news broke of the deal.

An idiot and their dollar are often easily separated, however, when you cannot convince a group of enthusiasts (some of who spend thousands upon thousands of dollars a year on riding these wonderful machines) as to the merit and worth of your endeavor, then a trip back to the drawing board might be in need as how can you convince average citizens to spend their money on a bonfire-in-the-making?

exactly. Like the few comments on the ORG site said, We're not trying to derail this effort, but in fact we're trying to prove a point that The way this group is going around, this effort is more like two hobos on the street asking for spare change. You just can't sit behind the computer and expect the donations to come pouring in. All we have done so far is shown the group that their envision was two big for their eyes, and their Ethos played more a role in this rather than their logos.

Edited by djbrcace1234

But this is just the difference between myself and many other coaster enthusiasts that take themselves too seriously. I think it's funny! I mean, of course they are going to make fun of my sexy nature or try to take pot shots at my kids (yeah, that's pretty low, really, but whatever), because that's all they've got to make fun of.

And if that's the case...GREAT! That actually speaks volumes for us.

What amazes me is this...

At the moment, all attention is on them. Everything we have done to date has done nothing but bring attention to Kat & Kiwi. And if they choose (or one of their supporters choose) that the best plan of action is to set up a BlobbAlvey twitter account, then all that does is even further prove Prince Desmond's point.

They have all eyes on them right now...all eyes of the entire industry...mostly due to our efforts, and they move forward with a personal attack on me and my kids?

Why are they not taking that effort, or their supporters taking that effort, and turning all this publicity into something that will HELP their effort, not tarnish it further?

Oh, the answer to that question is because they ain't got a freakin' clue.

--Robb "Nothing we have done so far has been personal." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I feel sorry for Prince Desmond. All he's trying to do is save an important piece of Americana. He even put aside his political duties as the prince of the most populous nation in the world's second largest continent to spearhead this conservation effort. What more can a man do? He doesn't deserve all this bickering. It's just not fair.

savethebigdipper.com

Good point, Robb, I'll check out of commenting here. I know you'll play the "I can dish it out, so will also take it" card, but it's unfortunate that somebody took it to a personal level with you....while it appears they are going 100% childish with their agenda, I don't buy that you've been 100% "not personal" with your antagonizing and mocking.

Anyway, I'm sorry this thread has taken this turn but agree that if it's not for me I should just stop reading it.

while it appears they are going 100% childish with their agenda, I don't buy that you've been 100% "not personal" with your antagonizing and mocking.

We haven't been. Not at all. I don't know either Kat or Kiwi personally, I have said nothing directly attacking either of them, it's all been directed towards the effort. Everything we've been doing so far is in the spirit of fun and parody.

Edited by robbalvey

Oh, man, that's awesome!

just goes to prove robb can dish it out and take it in!

i don't know if i can handle two full days of comedy or not, I'm worn out from laughing so hard yesterday, and today, it just gets better.

He can dish it and take it in? hahaha Sure.

Everything we've been doing so far is in the spirit of fun and parody.

And isn't that really the bottom line in the amusement park industry, for people to have as much fun as possible? Does Kings Island still do their dead celebrities display? That was criticized by some, but in the end it was all in good fun and parody.

Hello I Basil Marceaux Sr. as a Force Recon Marine is the first Freedmen's Bureau Agent/ Great Man of 2008 who is asking for your support and vote for the saving of the Big Dipper with Mr. Prince Desmond which i fully support for his gracious abilities as Prince.

I promise as Governer of Tennessee to graciously Knock Down GraceLand the Home of Elvis and donate the Lands to this Most noble Cause since The Freedman's Beaureau. And to Preserve this Great History for all of the great America. Amen.

This is my plan:

1. FOLLOWS THE OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION

2. HAS WELL-BEING FOR THE CITIZENS RIGHTS AND SAFETY

3. PEOPLE PERSON

4. HONEST AND SMART

5. A GOOD LISTENER

Vote Basil Marceax.com Sr. for Governer and I will make dreams of The Prince's Dreams come true forever because I Freed the slaves at traffic stops from false arrest and jury fixing. Together Me and Prince Desmond will make a difference!

Amen and SAEV TEH BIG DIPPER!!!!111

GOD BLESS AMERICA

HAVE A NICE DAY AND UH HAVE A NICE DAY.

You know, if the .org folks were really serious with their efforts to save the coaster and actually had a semi-feasible plan (not to mention a CLUE), they could at least save their credibility. As the old saying goes, "Actions speak louder than words", and instead of attacking Rob(b) on Twitter they could have been using that time to pull out a few nails to show they mean business. By shunning those simply offering constructive feedback (which would be beneficial for organizational help, html tips, free publicity in the coaster community, etc) they've totally let their selfishness get the best of them.

I just pulled 3 nails out of my dining room wall, which I'll happily donate to anyone to anyone who needs them to rebuild the Texas Cyclone. And I just wasted more valuable nail-pulling time while writing this. Actions > Words.

Rob(b) Rock(k)s!

"Never try to teach a whore how to swallow. It wastes your time and annoys the whore"

Oh, man, that's awesome!

just goes to prove robb can dish it out and take it in!

i don't know if i can handle two full days of comedy or not, I'm worn out from laughing so hard yesterday, and today, it just gets better.

He can dish it and take it in? hahaha Sure.

when you put it that way it sounds kinda kinky....but i think I made my point, at least I hope I did.

So anyway, I was looking out in my back yard this morning, and thought, it sure could use a wooden coaster, just wish I had friends with trucks and 300k to help put one there...

*edit*

and then when just as I was honestly trying to get back to work and search for something on google, I see this

Capture.JPG.42ec151d8437fb0656a78b78ff42826d.JPG

LMAO!

Well according to there website, they are now at $179. Someones obviously buying this

So what your saying is that since Prince Desmond came into the picture, they have now received MORE donations than before he was an influential part of saving the rolling coaster?

You know what's funny? That comment from "Steve" calling Robb names and attacking his personal life is STILL posted to the .org website. You would think the moderators would have removed such pointless, immature slander by now on a website trying to collect donations. REAL classy.

I'm also told there are some people who posted comments in favor of Prince Desmond, but those comments were "waiting moderator approval" and were not approved. So clearly someone there is making a choice of which comments to post. If it's classy or not, I won't voice my opinion, but I'm sure you all have your own on the matter.

Well according to there website, they are now at $179. Someones obviously buying this

So what your saying is that since Prince Desmond came into the picture, they have now received MORE donations than before he was an influential part of saving the rolling coaster?

Absolutely, Prince Desmond is the reason for all Coasters being saved, i would not be suprised if he used his considerable influence to also meld the Pepsi Project to Get the Blue Streak to win, and he might of even had a hand in Knoebles resurecting phoenix.

He has a part in all that we do.

The Hippo was a little upset with the deletion of a post that he made at the .org site....so he sent this E-mail to them:

Well, I'm kind of suprised that I would have to re-contact you, but hey, such is life. I had written a post with a question about your reasoning behind saving the Big Dipper, and how you decided that was the "one" if you had never ridden it. I see from checking that it has been deleted, and while I did look into your issues with the false "Save the Big Dipper" site, I'm disappointed that you decided to delete a legitimate question without possibly contacting the postee or possibly not even reading the post.

I can't even fathom donating/helping with such a project that the "leads" of show such unprofessionalism and lack of interaction with those who are interested in your project. Since I am relatively close to this area, and have ridden the Dipper many times over the years, I can honestly say I will not bother supporting such a project. From my point of view, your attempts at removal/reconstruction are poorly dictated, and very poorly advertised. Also, considering the amount of exposure you have received lately from the "parody" of your site, you may want to think about being more open and communicative with those who you so desperately need for donations.

I don't expect to gt a response from you considering your previous actions, so best of luck to you in your project.

Phillip The Hippo

P.S. And yes....I seriously am a Hippo. One who rides rollercoasters. .

Also, considering the amount of exposure you have received lately from the "parody" of your site, you may want to think about being more open and communicative with those who you so desperately need for donations.

I actually thank you for writing that. I really think at this point we have done more good for them than they realize. I honestly think we have brought to them more potential contributors than they would have seen had we not posted our honest thoughts in this thread or created the parody site.

It's like a small, unknown business floundering for customers all of a sudden has 500 people standing outside their establishment and you tell them "OK, small company, show these people what you've got! If they like it, they'll come in and buy, if not, they go away."

Why they aren't using our exposure to benefit their own organization is beyond me. Publicity is publicity, good or bad. We've easily handed them hundreds of people who probably would not have visited their site on their own, and they don't seem to get that.

So thank you for at least trying to bring it to their attention.

--Robb "In a roundabout way, we're just trying to help!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

You know what's funny? That comment from "Steve" calling Robb names and attacking his personal life is STILL posted to the .org website. You would think the moderators would have removed such pointless, immature slander by now on a website trying to collect donations. REAL classy.

Haha, I also find this hilarious. I love how he starts out by saying Robb is childish and immature, then goes on to call him a "Douchnozzel" and attacks his family life. Really shows the critical thinking abilities of the supporters of this project, AND the professionalism of the effort.

I also love how they slam Robb for paying for the .com site, as if he's putting money out there against their cause. For what its worth the whole grand total of nine dollars Robb paid for web hosting has generated enough publicity that it has probably benefited their efforts more than their entire donation amount of 171 dollars has already.

And plus, Robb's greatest donation, the lesion he's trying to give them through the satire of the parody site, Is being completely overlooked by the project supporters as if its nothing but mean spirited slander.

...This whole just gets more ridiculous every day.