TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What park should have an Intamin Mega-Lite?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how zero parks in America have installed an actual Intamin Mega Lite, I would like to see either a Lighting Run clone or a coaster like Storm at Etnaland, the MACK Mega-Lite with an inversion go to Michigan's Adventure, which is in my opinion, the most underappreciated park in the CF chain, behind California's Great America.

If LR costed only $8 million, then I say clone it. Build one in every park, large or small. I see no reason why this would not be a great return on investment no matter where.

No need to clone it. I am sure they can use the same height and track length and come up with a variety of layouts.

An Intamin for Six Flags Fiesta Texas, just because it fits perfectly in their coaster lineup. They would be complete with a mega lite.

An Intamin for The Great Escape, because they need something good desperately and it would put them on the map. I realize it is supposed to be a smaller Six Flags park, but they need another good coaster.

A Chance Mega Lite would be great for Canobie Lake Park!

With all the future renovations going on with Playland (PNE), it would be wonderful to see

Vancouver beat the big eastern cities (Toronto-Canada's Wonderlnd; Montreal-La Ronde) in getting one.

One can only hope.

EDIT to add: And an EL LOCO in place of that horrid "Final Destination 3" corkscrew. Yes!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Even though it would be highly neglected, there's plenty of space for one at SFA. It would be nice for them to actually have something that's worth visiting for.

I was going to say that but I think people would think it would be weird to have an Intamin Mega and a Mega Lite in the same park, I personally don't, but a lot of people do. Then again, a Chance one would be great for them.

Even though it would be highly neglected, there's plenty of space for one at SFA. It would be nice for them to actually have something that's worth visiting for.

I was going to say that but I think people would think it would be weird to have an Intamin Mega and a Mega Lite in the same park, I personally don't, but a lot of people do. Then again, a Chance one would be great for them.

The more the merrier if you ask me. I doubt people would really care.

The crazy part is that an Intamin or Chance mega-light would probably be tons more fun than Superman despite being half the size

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think Great Escape could use a Hyper-GTX. Comet looks like the only good ride there. Wild Adventures could definitely use one as that park doesn't have any stand-out rides (except for maybe Cheetah).

There's not much room (from what I could see) for one of these without removing something. I think Steamin' Demon would be a great candidate for replacement. A Hyper GT-X would look really nice next to the main road and would definitely be a draw.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Playland at the PNE. Simple.

And worth repeating...

Q: What park should have an Intamin Mega-Lite?

A: All parks should have an Intamin Mega-Lite!

My fourth time posting about this, apparently. So Playland.........BUILD ONE!

IMG_9061.JPG.5d90d4bfc516861df317fe90324c1104.JPG

Good spot for part of it. (o; (As viewed from the West Coast Wheel in Playland)

I think Adventureland in Iowa. It'd be another large steel coaster to go with Monster and Dragon, but this one focuses on airtime rather than inversions. Personally I think it'd be a great fit there

And if that doesn't work, I think a Hyper GT-X like Lightning Run would work just as great.

• 2 weeks later...