TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^actually it has been running better imo. i have been to the park a handful of times this season, and ka has always been up and running. i do not remember seeing it down at all in my five visits. 4 times it was running all four trains which it hasn't done in a while, and once it was running 3 trains.

I'm happy it's been open for you, you are certainly luckier than I've been, on my 5 visits thus far, it's been down 75% of the time, anywhere from train troubles to drive line troubles to switch track troubles.

Read on another site that superman is flying again. Looked from the pictures they had that the crane they are using on ka was the same crane they were using to get the gearbox repaired on the B&M. But I won't testify in court to that effect.

^ That's cool. I really hope that both rides are back up in running by the end of August since I get to visit SFGAdv!

After visiting Princeton, my parents said they will take me to Six Flags Great Adventure. I can't wait!

From what I've heard Ka is only supposed to be down for the 28th and 29th but it could easily take longer than that.

It was testing tonight right after the park closed at 10:00.

The park was empty tonight, nothing was longer than a 10 minute wait.

August is especially bad for crowds. I didn't go to the park last year in August but in 2008 I went on a Thursday and it was jammed, Nitro was in the switchbacks (40 minute wait), Batman was in the garden area etc.

If you get there at opening, lines should be short for a few hours though.

Superman will always have a 1/2hr.-1hr. wait except at night, when it has a station wait(about 5 min.) The park flattens out at night and everyting is a 5 min. wait or a walk-on.

A steel coaster in place of Scream Machine? You know what that means...

GIGA!!!!

(inside joke)

RIP Scream Machine! Genuine parts for Arrow coasters these days are becoming scarce & very expensive to obtain!

Not true, parts are still manufatured and readily available if a park wants them. Arrow wasn't bought by S&S for their expert ride creation, it was bought for their lucritive parts division This ride was ultimately scrapped due to metal fatigue. When the mechanics are welding on it every week, it's time to go.

Posting from my phone. I had an overall decent day; I went with a friend who had never been before and we got a ride on everything except kingda ka, which is saying something considering it's august. We managed to squash almost everything in in the first two hours, when almost everything was a walk-on. The lines toward noon and on were BRUTAL, but I will say that some of the crews did a good job moving the lines along.

I got some shots of the remaining GASM loop and some of the cranes doing demolition, which I'll hopefully upload later when I'm at a computer.

From what I could tell, Ka was open all day. We did skip it though because we didn't do it in the morning and the lines were all ridiculous by the afternoon. In the morning, we made a bee-line to Superman. I go there 2-3 times a year on average and that was the first time I've ever been on it; consequently, it was also the first time I made it past the queue in the tunnel (turned around every time after seeing the line). These were the wait-times at opening to around 11:30/12:

-Superman - walk-on (but the queue backed up VERY FAST)

-Batman - walk-on

-Skull Mountain - walk-on

-Nitro - walk-on

-TDK - 5-10 mins to get into the pre-show

-Bizarro - 15 mins

-Rolling Thunder - 15 mins

-Runaway Mine Train - walk-on

After 12 though, the lines started to get ridiculous. El Toro, Nitro, and Bizarro filled all of their switchbacks, Skull Mountain was out of the cave/hallway area, and Batman was almost out into the garden area. We waited in line for El Toro and it was almost a 1.5 hr wait through the whole queue. We didn't even attempt KK since it was hot and judging by all the other lines, we guessed it would've been a pretty bad wait.

For the love of god, GAdv needs to learn to put some shade on their lines, ESPECIALLY El Toro's. Seriously, they didn't have the tarps/awnings up and the whole queue was in direct sunlight. It was pretty clear that everyone was dying from the heat. That made it suspiciously easy for the guys with the carts of water and lemonade to sell to the people waiting in line >_>

The crews on Nitro and Bizarro really did their jobs well though. We got on line for a second ride on Bizarro and even though all the switchbacks up to the 90 min mark were filled, it took us at most 30 mins to get on. Same story with Nitro. Rolling Thunder and Batman seemed to be loading really slowly. El Toro was really slow too, but when I was in the station I noticed they had to recheck the restraints on certain cars. Not sure if it was bc people didn't fit or what

We left around 7 and all of the queues for the big rides (El Toro, Bizarro, etc) were still filled to capacity

There was a concert at the park yesterday, which may have played a factor in the crowds...

I was going to say it sounded very crowded, way worse than usual for a weekday but I guess that explains it. I wouldn't go to the park on a concert day unless it was early in the season when it wouldn't make a difference like on a Sunday in June in 2008 and all rides except the log flume were a 0 - 10 minute wait (the fact it was 100 degrees outside also probably kept people away).