TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

52 degrees on Sunday! Since if all goes to plan we'll be landing around 5am in DC and operating on approximately 0 minutes of sleep that day with a drive to New York looming we may stop in on the way home since we're passing it anyway. Maybe a bull ride and a freezing cold Kingda Ka ride will wake my a** up.

Don't count on us for anything that day. We'll be like walking zombies. lol

Assuming we can't sleep on a sh*tty Frontier plane in a seat that doesn't recline (safe assumption) I seriously think the plan might be to take a nap at a rest area (rather than try to find a hotel that allows us to check in at 6 or 7am). Since we have to pass the park anyway and it's the last day for El Toro and Kingda Ka we'll probably stop for an hour or so but I have no clue when we'll actually get there.

Haha that sounds awful. I was only being half serious, but if I can muster up the energy to take the train out there I might run into you guys. If so we can drink a beer cause that's exactly what you'll need.

lol sounds good.

I've always been of the opinion that if on the back end of an awesome trip you end up exhausted at home or at work on a day where you didn't have anything planned anyway I could barely even begin to give a sh*t if it means I had a great vacation but I'm definitely putting that philosophy to the test this time.

That's what I'm hoping, that it was just due to staffing. I was planning on going today cause it seemed like such a random day for the park to be open, but couldn't make it. Happy I didn't since out was a horrible day.

We were planning on going Saturday but that is looking like a no go also since the high will be 42 or something

You're welcome! By the way... when I say "all coasters" I don't mean Bizarro or Mine Train. I should probably clarify that. I don't know if they're closed for the season or not but I don't expect them to have the staff to run them Friday if they didn't run them yesterday.

^ Good catch. I looked right at Justice League and didn't even notice a whole new area to go with it!

Also,

Winter Ride Advisory: Some rides, including roller coasters, may have to close due to cold temperatures, wind, ice, and other circumstances

tenor.gif

No Waffle de Lys sucks At least I was prepared for that since we discussed it a few weeks back on here. I can't read the font on that map, do we think there will be any chance of a different waffle cart (or similar) or are we stuck with GAdv's new window waffles?

It does say "Marketplace Treats: Enjoy delectable waffles, hot chocolate, eggnog and more" so who knows. I can't remember if Waffle de Lys was actually listed on the map last year.