TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Lines are most definitely going to be insane for a little while once Zumanjaro opens and Ka opens back up full time. At least thats what I'm hoping as I could care less about either and hope it takes some of the heat off Nitro and Toro lol.

Do you guys think zumanjaro will have 3 hour waits like SORA? That will be a nightmare if it is. But the capacity isn't bad. 24 people in all. That's more than ka.

Probably not 3 hours, but the line will still be long for sure. I think it's hourly capacity is around 700 or 800 which isn't too bad.

Do you guys think zumanjaro will have 3 hour waits like SORA? That will be a nightmare if it is. But the capacity isn't bad. 24 people in all. That's more than ka.

Probably not 3 hours, but the line will still be long for sure. I think it's hourly capacity is around 700 or 800 which isn't too bad.

Which rides do you think Mae sense to go to first on a Saturday or Sunday morning? Should I go for Ka and Zumanjaor, or get two rides on El Toro, then head over to Ka with hopefully little wait still before 11?

Which rides do you think Mae sense to go to first on a Saturday or Sunday morning? Should I go for Ka and Zumanjaor, or get two rides on El Toro, then head over to Ka with hopefully little wait still before 11?

Being the new ride, Zumanjaro will have the longest wait out of all those for sure. I'd say rush to Zumie first to try and beat the crowds and then Ka right after. Toro can wait til last because it has the best capacity out of the three rides and it still shouldn't have too bad of a line by the time you get to it. Plus it'll have some time to speed up a bit. Zumie might also have a shorter line at the end of the day as a lot of people are going to ride it first thing when they get to the park.

Being the new ride, Zumanjaro will have the longest wait out of all those for sure. I'd say rush to Zumie first to try and beat the crowds and then Ka right after. Toro can wait til last because it has the best capacity out of the three rides and it still shouldn't have too bad of a line by the time you get to it. Plus it'll have some time to speed up a bit. Zumie might also have a shorter line at the end of the day as a lot of people are going to ride it first thing when they get to the park.

Let's not start the nickname appropriateness debate again...

Let's not start the nickname appropriateness debate again...

It's Zumie or GTFO!! Jk haha I'm just used to calling it that from work.

I think at the beginning the line will be more then 3 hrs. it looks like its going to be a slow capacity ride and all. just my opinion.

I think at the beginning the line will be more then 3 hrs. it looks like its going to be a slow capacity ride and all. just my opinion.

I've heard Lex Luthor's lines weren't unbearable its first year. And a lot of people are absolutely terrified of Zumanjaro and won't ride. So many people ask me about it and then tell me that there's no way they'll ever ride it. And I think it's capacity should be fairly decent.

^Are those people who would ride kingda ka? Because I have a friend who enjoys coasters but is kind of afraid of heights and wouldn't ride shambhala at Portaventura. However, when I told him about the coaster they will open in 2016 (like KK only slightly lower, I suppose) he said he could do it because you don't slowly climb to the top.

^Are those people who would ride kingda ka? Because I have a friend who enjoys coasters but is kind of afraid of heights and wouldn't ride shambhala at Portaventura. However, when I told him about the coaster they will open in 2016 (like KK only slightly lower, I suppose) he said he could do it because you don't slowly climb to the top.

I think they're people who would ride Ka but not Zumanjaro. A lot of people are just terrified of drop towers. Haha That's the vibe I've been getting from a lot of people but we'll see when the ride opens how many people actually ride it. It's still going to be a lot for sure.

You guys -- I have been a long time lurker on this site, and finally registered just to jump on this Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro train. Does anybody have any updates at all about when it will open? And is Kingda Ka actually open on the weekends right now, or not? I will be there on the 22nd and am absolutely dying to AT LEAST go on Ka!!

You guys -- I have been a long time lurker on this site, and finally registered just to jump on this Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro train. Does anybody have any updates at all about when it will open? And is Kingda Ka actually open on the weekends right now, or not? I will be there on the 22nd and am absolutely dying to AT LEAST go on Ka!!

I haven't heard about a date for Zumanjaro but Ka is running on the weekends until the dropride opens.

I just got back from my third weekend in a row at Great Adventure and they were running Kingda Ka all day instead of just in the afternoon and evening like previous weekends.

On a different note, it seemed like El Toro was running quite fast today. It was making my eyes water, which it never did before.

So what's up with this SBNO musik express?

Old Country is the area Musik Express is in and GADV closed that down in 2008 after Chiler closed for good. The ride itself is gutted and only the building that housed it is still there. I wouldn't look to see it ever run again unfortunately.

I just got back from my third weekend in a row at Great Adventure and they were running Kingda Ka all day instead of just in the afternoon and evening like previous weekends.

On a different note, it seemed like El Toro was running quite fast today. It was making my eyes water, which it never did before.

I hope the attendants at Ka were better then they were on fri. On fri. They were training a bunch. And were slow as hell. They were only launching a train every 5 min that's how slow it was. On top of it. It wasn't open long due to the rain fri evening.

Just one week before my visit to GAdv... I have my fingers crossed on Zumanjaro being open by that time but knowing Six Flags (and being a former employee), I know that I shouldn't get my hopes up. It is good news to hear that Ka is open on weekends though... Atleast I'll get that count!

I have a question though. I went to Six Flags America yesterday to process my membership pass (or whatever its called) and the man that took my picture said that I would be able to use it at any park... However, I have a friend thats going with me. I noticed a 'bring a friend for half off' benefit in the membership portal, so i'm wondering if I'll be able to use that half-off deal at GAdv or is it only for SFA since its my home park and thats where my pass was processed... Either way, i'm so excited about the trip! Many photo's will be taken and i'll be doing a trip report as well.

I hope the attendants at Ka were better then they were on fri. On fri. They were training a bunch. And were slow as hell. They were only launching a train every 5 min that's how slow it was. On top of it. It wasn't open long due to the rain fri evening.

No way will they ever be that bad. Not even Superman is usually that bad. Ka aims to dispatch a train every minute and it seemed like they were hitting that interval today while I was at work.

Agreed El Toro went up in my ranks a ton this year. It's on par with skyrush intensity just with comfortable airtime..