TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

If you go to SFGAdv on a weekend during June July or August, you're pretty much asking for it no matter what. You'll be miserable unless you buy a flash pass and even then, hope you like insanely large numbers of sweaty, vaguely irritated people.

I thought about that too. Would be cool to log on and see what's going on at the park or how crowded it is. Would be cool if they had a few that you could choose from like a KK launch cam, an El Toro drop cam, etc.

I'm going to say that is because Six Flags has not approved/come up with one yet... you have to remember we are talking about a giant international corporation... there sadly not seeing the benefits of a free app on the way people can enjoy the park and possibly stay longer!

Hmmm..I've been toying with the idea of extending my trip an extra day so that I could ride Kingda Ka on Saturday, June 14th. BUT with the park so crowded..is it worth a skip this time around? It seems like going on Friday would be worth it if it means less crowds. There's plenty of other coasters and rides to check out, with Toro and Nitro, right? I mean, we do have Xcelerator here in SoCal...and that's like Kingda Ka-lite anyway...! Do you guys think Kingda Ka is worth an extra day's wait?

Hmmm..I've been toying with the idea of extending my trip an extra day so that I could ride Kingda Ka on Saturday, June 14th. BUT with the park so crowded..is it worth a skip this time around? It seems like going on Friday would be worth it if it means less crowds. There's plenty of other coasters and rides to check out, with Toro and Nitro, right? I mean, we do have Xcelerator here in SoCal...and that's like Kingda Ka-lite anyway...! Do you guys think Kingda Ka is worth an extra day's wait?

If you've ridden Ka or Dragster before, I'd say you could skip it, but of course it's up to you. I went to Gadv opening day and nearly forgot about Ka with El Toro and Nitro dominating the park otherwise. If you never have ridden it and are dying to (which you probably aren't if you're considering skipping it), then staying one more day can't hurt.

Of course, we can't count out the possibility of Ka running daily IF Zumanjaro has opened by then. At this point, there's no saying for sure , but it's still possible.

Thanks for the advice!!

I've never ridden Ka or Dragster before..the most comparable rides I've ridden have been Xcelerator over at Knott's, and Superman at SFMM. I definitely have been dying to ride Stratacoasters like Ka or Dragster but haven't had the opportunity to. Since I'm flying out to NY for business anyway..it seems like the perfect time to visit SFGAdv..Now it's just deciding whether to go on Friday, or stay an extra day and go on Saturday! Either way, I'm probably going to get a Flash Pass to make sure I can get on Toro and Nitro at least a couple of times.

Personally I do not feel KingdaKa is worth staying an extra day, but I have not ridden any other launch coasters and have not done TTD. To me KK is less a coaster and more of a fighter jet simulator LOL. Give me Toro or Nitro (or even Superman or Bizarro) any day of the week over KK.

Personally I do not feel KingdaKa is worth staying an extra day, but I have not ridden any other launch coasters and have not done TTD. To me KK is less a coaster and more of a fighter jet simulator LOL. Give me Toro or Nitro (or even Superman or Bizarro) any day of the week over KK.

ill defiantly agree with El Toro and Nitro over Ka, but no way superman or medussa.

Since you haven't ridden Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster I'd actually suggest staying the extra day to ride Kingda Ka. Until a few years ago I didn't care for it but honestly there's nothing like a front seat ride on Kingda Ka (except for a front seat ride on Dragster). If you ride it anywhere else you'll be underwhelmed, this ride is a different animal in the front and you won't regret going out of your way to ride it.

El Toro is still the better coaster by a mile but Kingda Ka is a great experience.

ill defiantly agree with El Toro and Nitro over Ka, but no way superman or medussa.

Different strokes for different folks. Most hate on Bizarro but I absolutely love it. Its a smooth as hell coaster for having so many inversions and its well themed and just all around fun. The only downside to it are the loading times.

I just recently did Superman:UF for the first time a few months ago after thinking Id hate it, and I think its one of the coolest coaster experiences I've ever had. I can't compare it to any other flyers as its the only one Ive done but it's definitely now in my top faves at the park and it has me dying to try Tatsu, etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Most hate on Bizarro but I absolutely love it. Its a smooth as hell coaster for having so many inversions and its well themed and just all around fun. The only downside to it are the loading times.

I just recently did Superman:UF for the first time a few months ago after thinking Id hate it, and I think its one of the coolest coaster experiences I've ever had. I can't compare it to any other flyers as its the only one Ive done but it's definitely now in my top faves at the park and it has me dying to try Tatsu, etc.

the main problem I have with superman, its the damn line. its been like that for yrs. its got to have the slowest workers out of anyride I have ever been on. anytime I ride it. we just hang in the brake area forever, like 4-5 min anytime I ride it. the park needs to do something about how slow they are at that ride.

the main problem I have with superman, its the damn line. its been like that for yrs. its got to have the slowest workers out of anyride I have ever been on. anytime I ride it. we just hang in the brake area forever, like 4-5 min anytime I ride it. the park needs to do something about how slow they are at that ride.

Agree 100%. It is part of the reason I have always avoided it. That and convincing myself it would be uncomfortable. Re: the line - I only rode it the first time at Coasters After Dark since the park was empty and we literally walked onto the front row. Then this past Sunday I did it twice and only because we had a FP. Its totally worth the experience if you dont have to wait 2+ hours.

Agree 100%. It is part of the reason I have always avoided it. That and convincing myself it would be uncomfortable. Re: the line - I only rode it the first time at Coasters After Dark since the park was empty and we literally walked onto the front row. Then this past Sunday I did it twice and only because we had a FP. Its totally worth the experience if you dont have to wait 2+ hours.

the only time I ride superman or green lantern is first thing in the morning. they seem to have the slowest lines in the park.

Tatsu is great! The part of the ride that flies over Revolution and the entrance plaza gives me goosebumps every time. You feel like you're soaring in the air. When it comes to theming and overall experience, I definitely think Manta has the edge, though. There's nothing like flying over water!! It really is a beautiful ride. Loved that feeling of flying over water ever since I was a kid riding Top Gun at PGA/CGA.

Looking forward to Superman!

From what I understand our Superman:UF is considerably shorter and smaller than Tatsu & Manta so you may be let down. Again, I have not done any other flyers so nothing to compare it to. But I think its insanely fun and one of the best coasters @ SFGAdv.

^I'm probably one of the few enthusiasts that prefers Superman to Batman or Bizarro. I know there's a ridiculous line sometimes but I've found myself waiting an hour for it just for the pretzel loop. I don't think Bizarro or Batman have any single loop or element close to that pretzel loop. It may be a one trick pony but I think it's a good one.