TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

LOL but that report also says we got there at 1 and were there for 7 hours. That would be an 8pm closing. Also if it was "almost 7" and I had time to walk from Grannys, look for waffles, walk across the park and still ride El Toro five times its safe to say that was an 8pm close.[...]

I was making the point because it would mean they're increasing hours this year, but I'm thinking you're right. I think sometime like 2 weeks before going, I got the impression the close was at 7. One of those mistakes you make when you think it doesn't matter, but don't fix later when it does. I thought it was before 7 when I left because they were still running, while it was actually slightly after. I seem to remember getting out to my car and the time not making sense, and the pizza timing doesn't make sense either. It would also help explain why I didn't run into you getting our final Toro rides. D'oh. I know one thing, nothing contrary to closing was seen on the way out, everything was closed up. I guess 30 cars worth of people and 3 guys that came by Uber had the run of the park for another 45 minutes or so. I was fine believing I stayed until closing.

Although I've heard people think Green Lantern is rough I personally didn't think it was rough besides a few head banging moments which is typical in my opinion. I think I actually enjoyed Green Lantern more than Superman since I'm not a fan of the pretzel loop.

Ive ridden Mantis and Green Lantern and IMO Green Lantern is smooth as glass compared to how Mantis used to be before the floorless conversion. Easily the best stand up I have ridden.

My issue with Green Lantern is not that its rough - I think it tracks rather smoothly, its just the whole dumb standing idea - its uncomfortable (on my legs and my crotch), awkward, and there is definitely a good chance of a bit headbanging depending on where you sit (stand?). I have always said I enjoy the first drop/loop on GL but as soon as it makes that right turn after the vertical loop it quickly starts to suck. The corkscrews are absolutely brutal. We're spoiled with as many great coasters as we have so I'm content to just keep ignoring GL and riding everything else.

Superman may be short and rather uneventful after that pretzel loop but that inversion might be one of the best in the park imo. I like Superman especially during HITP when there is no line, and I really, really liked SFOG's installation.

Six Flags Great Adventure is an excellent park with lots to do. I have always had a fantastic time during my few visits to the park.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Nice video man! It was great meeting you and rest of the Cedar Point crew.

Ive ridden Mantis and Green Lantern and IMO Green Lantern is smooth as glass compared to how Mantis used to be before the floorless conversion. Easily the best stand up I have ridden.

I personally thought Mantis was fine and found no difference after the conversion.

I'm on your side. I actually preferred Mantis to Rougarou.

Great video!

Finally going to the park this Saturday for the first time this season and can not wait for night rides on Nitro and Ka. Also, just noticed the Six Flags app currently has buy one get one free for the standard flash pass that can be used at any park so definitely will be taking advantage of that while there.

I like Green Lantern, I do not find it rough much. I have only ridden Riddler's Revenge once and I do not remember liking it at all. Hopefully if plans go as planned I will get back to California this spring to both Six Flags and both Cedar Fair parks since when I was there it was a little rushy of a trip.

I know it seems as if half the board was at Knoebels, but did anyone make it over GreatAdv yesterday? The weather was total crap in Philly in the morning but about halfway through the afternoon it stopped and stayed pretty nice (albeit humid) the rest of the night. I'd imagine it made for a good, rare night of autumn riding if in fact the park didn't get too busy. I know some folks were at Dorney and it stayed pretty dead.

I saw the Knoebels parking lot this weekend (which had overflowed to a nearby school and then a nearby gun club and then maxed out those lots too). The idea that anyone was anywhere other than Knoebels this weekend is fake news. Even Great Adventure employees were marathoning Phoenix on Saturday night.

Went to the park this past Saturday for the first time this season and had a really good time over all. Points I wanted to mention:

1. Miss the Nathan's Hot dog stand but the new cheese steak stand was good. The fries were cooked perfect! It is awesome they added self service kiosk to this restaurant but not the option to use your season pass dining on them.

2. There was a evacuation on the runaway train. Saw guest walking down one of the hills near the walkway going towards Bizarro.

3. Wanted to give a shout out to the El Toro, Kingda Ka, Bizzao and Nitro staff. They killed it on getting them trains out of the stations fast. Worst operations of the day were Superman and Green Lantern. Superman was running one train most of the day. Then about 5 pm they decided to put the second train on. The line was at a 2 hour wait at this time. The GL staff were arguing through out the station and over the loud speaker about who was working what post. I did not like that it was a manager doing a majority of the arguing and then talking about her staff to guest in line.

4. The park was super crowded. Loved they had a coupon for the flash pass on the app - it was buy one regular flash pass get one free. However, I do not like that their website does not state the The Joker and Zumanjaro are only available on gold and platinum. I assumed everything was available on regular since I saw no indication of this until I got to the park. I did like they were allowing you to pay the difference if you wanted to upgrade to gold or platinum. Two people on a gold pass for only $105 total is pretty good for this park.

5. Skipped all haunts since we wasted over $100 last year for them and they were not scary at all.

6. The new Justice League area looks good. This was my first time ever to this section of the park since I never went before it was closed off. Hopefully down the road they open the other section that leads back towards the front so you do not have to walk all the way around the park to get to JL.

7. I LOVE going to parks for Halloween because its cooler outside and night rides on coasters are always better then day rides but I hate how people have to be so extra and ghetto. Just because a haunt walks by you does not mean you have to break out in hysterics and stampede everyone near you. Just simply keep walking. Its really that simple. I also how the kids have to provoke the haunts. This takes away from them actually doing their job.

8. They were serious about the loose articles, especially on El Toro. Once it got dark they had a security guard with a flashlight pointing it at every person's pocket. They even turned people away who were holding a shirt/jacket/hoodie. Instead of just letting them carry it and put it on once they were going to ride they made them get a locker. It seems a little out of control now.

The Fright Fest crowd at this park, especially Friday and Saturday nights, always seems to be a little rougher-around-the-edges than normal. There was one season (2003, I think) where we actually needed to hire a security guard for the night shift at the McDonald's outside the park because the crowds were so badly behaved. We had fights regularly break out in the lobby, one guy even once walked behind the counter and just took food and threw soda all over me when I confronted him.

Edited by michaellynn4

3. Wanted to give a shout out to the El Toro, Kingda Ka, Bizzaro and Nitro staff. They killed it on getting them trains out of the stations fast.

Now that's interesting! I haven't this about Bizarro in years.

I was very surprised by this as well. Three trains on the track and we barely stacked. Maybe I got lucky when I was riding.
The Fright Fest crowd at this park, especially Friday and Saturday nights, always seems to be a little rougher-around-the-edges than normal. There was one season (2003, I think) where we actually needed to hire a security guard for the night shift at the McDonald's outside the park because the crowds were so badly behaved. We had fights regularly break out in the lobby, one guy even once walked behind the counter and just took food and threw soda all over me when I confronted him.

It is the same down here at Six Flags America (sadly my home park lol). Actually, every day is like that here it feels like once the sun goes down. The wrong kind of people just like being extra. Six Flags America has had issues in the parking lot with guns and things in the past.

It is the same down here at Six Flags America (sadly my home park lol). Actually, every day is like that here it feels like once the sun goes down. The wrong kind of people just like being extra. Six Flags America has had issues in the parking lot with guns and things in the past.

I’ve recently seen the word “extra” used online quite a bit but I’m not 100% sure on the meaning. The only way I’ve used that word it is “I’d like extra Oreos in my McFlurry” or “that chicken parm was extra delicious!” Googling says it means acting dramatic, is that correct or is there more to it?

I concur. My family went to SFA on Saturday. It wasn't to bad during the day but once the sun started to go down....Wow, I've actually never seen SFA so packed. While I love riding coasters in the dark, we decided the crowd just wasn't for us and left about 7.

I’ve recently seen the word “extra” used online quite a bit but I’m not 100% sure on the meaning. The only way I’ve used that word it is “I’d like extra Oreos in my McFlurry”

or extra Pepperoni!!

tumblr_oahjd9HxiZ1txeruoo1_500.gif