TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Ok I love the sign, but I feel like the placement of it seriously reinforces the "flat ride/carnival coaster" feeling. Flat rides very often have big flashy signs placed high up on the ride itself, whereas full-sized coasters almost never have signs attached to the ride itself, usually just at the entrance.

There have been complaints since the name change of the placement of the ride and since day one over the carnival-likeness of it. I dont understand either. The Joker fits the carnival theme very well and that particular area of the has tons of flat rides (or atleast used to ). Sure, the use of DC is spordic in the park. But, it is already so. I actually welcome the use of it anywhere to tidy up an area as long as it's not out of theme. Again, the Joker fits the area.

They could have had a sign for that mustard and ketchup ride so take it as lucky that that atrocity didn't appear at the front gates.

I never understood how people think this ride is ugly. I'm just going to leave this point at that.

If I would have had my way, I would have fixed up the Chiller's old station and used it as the ride's footprint. I would have used one side and built the ride over the station, with the lift coming out of the old maintence bay and the final drop into the launch tunnel. The otger side could have served as the new storage track. Promply, I would have painted it red and blue with black supports and named it Batman and Robin: The Chiller. Just imagine...

image.jpeg.c371aff73c564d8089aea23c11cd9e50.jpeg

Maintenance bay

I'm disappointed. I saw this thread get bumped and thought we had an update on the whereabouts of the waffle cart, not just another update on our new coaster.

"Entrance to the event is located in the Movietown section of the park."

There you go. Look for it there.

I'll probably be there with the family on Sunday for this. I've been eating right for a long time now without many cheat days to show for it, so dammit, I'm going to eat like a pig for this thing. Waffles... come to me.

That's great news! Last year they opened the Golden Kingdom access road gate and the event was over behind twister near Green Lantern. I wasn't a fan of that because I get uncomfortable when I have to get that close to Green Lantern. I prefer to keep my distance.

I was a bit unsure for the colors in the beginning, but I actually really like it now. The trains are looking good! Still hoping for a coaster like this in Europe though, it would be great.

Hello all! I will be visiting the park on Thursday, March 27, and I'm wondering: 1- How will the crowds be? 2- What rides should I hit up first? and 3- Besides Joker, are any rides not up and running as of now? Any other first time advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, March 27

Some generic advice since that can't be an accurate date:

- Thursday crowds aren't usually too bad, but it'll depend on how many school trips there are that day. Good thing is that those usually clear out late afternoon so lines will be shorter in the evening, but if it's your first visit to the park, don't skimp and get a Flash Pass. Totally worth it.

- Kingda Ka, front row if it's open. If not, head straight to El Toro for multiple re-rides before lines start forming. Depending on how you feel about Ka, you could go straight to El Toro.

Assuming your trip is sooner rather than later, just a couple of the water rides. If you're visiting after Memorial Day, all rides will be open, including most likely Joker.

Other advice: back row of Skull Mountain. Always looking for more cult members!

Thursday, March 27

- Thursday crowds aren't usually too bad, but it'll depend on how many school trips there are that day. Good thing is that those usually clear out late afternoon so lines will be shorter in the evening, but if it's your first visit to the park, don't skimp and get a Flash Pass. Totally worth it.

- Kingda Ka, front row if it's open. If not, head straight to El Toro for multiple re-rides before lines start forming. Depending on how you feel about Ka, you could go straight to El Toro.

Assuming your trip is sooner rather than later, just a couple of the water rides. If you're visiting after Memorial Day, all rides will be open, including most likely Joker.

April 28, excuse that!

^I hear it so much in other threads (those getting Super Loops) that there's no reason to complain of it's frequent appearance anymore.

Well Super Loops are definitely carnival rides, no disputing that.

I'm not sure where people are getting carnival ride from the S&S 4D coasters though. Yes they're compact and somewhat gimmicky, but so are Sky Rocket 2s, Impulse coasters, boomerangs, inverted boomerangs, giant inverted boomerangs, el locos, launched el locos, euro-fighters etc; and I don't see people calling those carnival rides.

Welp people better become accustomed to these S&S 4Ds, Six Flags has plans to roll more of these out in the future.

Thursday, March 27

April 28, excuse that!

- only open (during the week) next week b/c of NY State schools have spring break

- NJ schools are in session (had their spring break already)

- be there at opening: Ka> Zumi> Toro> Bizarro.....then high tail it to the other side: Batman> Nitro> Skull; you should get those in by 1:00/1:30pm, and take it from there

Enjoy!

Might be going to thE park for the first time this Saturday or Sunday. How will the lines be on a weekend in April? What day is best out of the 2? Flashpass be needed? If so, what type?

You shouldn't bother. You should go to Kings Dominion instead.

Might be going to thE park for the first time this Saturday or Sunday. How will the lines be on a weekend in April? What day is best out of the 2? Flashpass be needed? If so, what type?

Hahaha, ohhh man! After reading your reply in the Kings Dominion thread, this is one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while.