TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Apparently the entire Lakefront area, from Blackbeard's queue to the other side of the Great Lake Grandstand has ALL underground utility's marked. All around Fort Independence, the Live and Local Stage, and all of the Grandstand.

This is news I like to hear! Let the speculations begin! Or continue at least.

If this is the case, I do hope they take a page from other parks and not just clear all the land. Those trees are so very nice to walk through during the hot summer days.

I was really hoping for a revitalization of the west side of the park first. But this is exciting to see!!

Apparently the entire Lakefront area, from Blackbeard's queue to the other side of the Great Lake Grandstand has ALL underground utility's marked. All around Fort Independence, the Live and Local Stage, and all of the Grandstand.

*Has flashbacks of that random user coming in here saying the Lake front is going to look drastically different next year and it's going to be an amazing photo op*

So maybe there was some truth to his random posts, but if it's that far marked off. Seems like a pretty large attraction.

From GAH:
According to the American Public Works Association, the Colors Indicate the Following:

Red: Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit, and Lighting Cables

Orange: Telecommunication, Alarm or Signal Lines, Cables, or Conduit

Yellow: Natural Gas, Oil, Steam, Petroleum, or Other Gaseous or Flammable Material

Green: Sewer and Drain Lines

Blue: Potable Water

Purple: Reclaimed Water, Irrigation, and Slurry Lines

Pink: Temporary Survey Markings, Unknown/Unidentified Facilities

White: Proposed Excavation Limits or Route

So in the First Image Power Lines/Cables, Telecommunication, and Sewer/Drain Lines are Marked and in the Second Image Sewer/Drainage, Power Lines/Cables, and Potable Water are Marked.

What's wrong with wingriders? They eat crowds and keep them off El Toro.

The park already has 5 B&Ms. I think a lot of people would like to see a new manufacturer. I know I'd like to see a new Premier launch.

Let's not forget about the old Koala Canyon and Fun Factory pads that's are sitting nice and empty. If the ride is to move through the grandstand and fort independance, it's course could easily lead it toward those spots. It could have a turn around that utilizes the space in Congo Rapid's infield.

It would be a relatively narrow piece of space to work with, so I'd imagine a rather out and back layout.

It would be a relatively narrow piece of space to work with, so I'd imagine a rather out and back layout.

I agree, but I'm not complaining. With an out and back layout, you get the sense that you're on a journey (somewhat) and that you're really going somewhere. That's why I prefer something like Nitro over Raging Bull