TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Has anyone else thought of how terrifying a construction site this must be, constantly working around a 456' tall tower, where some supports have to be removed and the structure temporarily weakened? Gives me the chills just thinking about it. Assuming that's true, of course.

^with the extra supports being added its going to take more time so its probably cheaper. Plus there is two air force base's pretty much on both sides of Great Adventure so a helicopter would probably be in the way some how.

Yup, much better!!!

Interesting how the crane is sort of behind the ride, I would have thought it would be closer to the front...

Interesting how they are redesigning the tower though... Clearly this was not in the original design at all... would have been interesting to see Intamin plan ahead a little lol!

Can not wait to see what those supports behind are for!

Interesting how the crane is sort of behind the ride, I would have thought it would be closer to the front...

If the cranes are that far away from the ride it might be because they are movable. So when not in use they move the cranes away from Kingda Ka as cranes have been known to collapse. It's not a good thing to have a crane fall on to a $25 million dollar coaster. Just my hypothesis.

Thanks for all these informations. So it's confirmed that the park did not open before 12th April... it's annoying because in this case we have to re-schedule the whole trip in order to be able to go to SFGA... I've booked a car from 29th March to 8 April, then an Hotel in Manhattan from 8 to 13th. In this case if I still wanna go to Six Flags we should start with the stay in NYC then book the car for a trip that will finish with SixFlags. It also means carrying in the trunk of the car all the stuffs we will buy in NY shops... I'm not very enthusiastic about that idea... Maybe SixFlags will be for another time .

Thanks for all these informations. So it's confirmed that the park did not open before 12th April... it's annoying because in this case we have to re-schedule the whole trip in order to be able to go to SFGA... I've booked a car from 29th March to 8 April, then an Hotel in Manhattan from 8 to 13th. In this case if I still wanna go to Six Flags we should start with the stay in NYC then book the car for a trip that will finish with SixFlags. It also means carrying in the trunk of the car all the stuffs we will buy in NY shops... I'm not very enthusiastic about that idea... Maybe SixFlags will be for another time .

May I suggest booking a car out of Philadelphia or somewhere in NJ, cut down on miles traveled on the rental. NYC to Trenton is about 20 bucks on NJ Transit. If you're flying to the area you could also fly on Frontier to Trenton-Mercer County airport and rent a car out of there, it's right off I-95 and will take you straight to I-195.

So it looks like I need to be planning my trip to SFGAdv after Memorial Day... that gives me plenty of time to save up for my Platinum Flash Pass!

I'd plan on a few weeks after Memorial Day (at the very least) just to be safe. I'm sticking with my predication of a late June opening.

No reason this thing couldn't have been done well before then.

Unionized labor!

Its not the workers fault six flags is the general contractor and creates the work schedule so union or not it dose not matter. I would also much rather go on a new ride knowing that the people who built it got paid good with benefits And all had the same training. In the end this means happy workers who wont half ass the job.

No reason this thing couldn't have been done well before then.

Unionized labor!

Its not the workers fault six flags is the general contractor and creates the work schedule so union or not it dose not matter. I would also much rather go on a new ride knowing that the people who built it got paid good with benefits And all had the same training. In the end this means happy workers who wont half A$$ the job.

I would also prefer to ride something that was not rushed to completion. Take your time when dealing with a major ride modification like adding a drop tower, safety first. If it is too cold to actually do the work due to the polar vortex, then don't work. They may have a temperature range they can work with to where if it drops below temperature X they cannot work due to the steel being too brittle, or too contracted compared to the normal length.