TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

If you get the crap beaten our of you riding Volcano, I think you're doing something wrong...

+1. He must be sitting in the seat upside down or backwards considering Volcano is like the 2nd smoothest ride in the park... But yeah, I wish we could get a B&M invert as well since they are my favorite type of B&M coaster, and I do think it would be defintely different enough from Volcano. Plow Hurler and put it back there...

Am I the only person here that thinks KD would be better off with a Flyer coaster-wise? If not, maybe something unique like a Zac Spin or a Wingwalker.

Even then, the park is pretty well off coaster-wise. I'd rather see CF invest a little more into the waterpark than the dry side since that side has been getting enough love as of late.

Am I the only person here that thinks KD would be better off with a Flyer coaster-wise? If not, maybe something unique like a Zac Spin or a Wingwalker.

Even then, the park is pretty well off coaster-wise. I'd rather see CF invest a little more into the waterpark than the dry side since that side has been getting enough love as of late.

I don't think CF will ever buy a Flyer, or a 4D for that matter, since they are rides that tend to break down a lot and need a lot of maintenance work to keep them runnning at its best. Plus, if not run well, their capacity suck (again, CF rides are capacity-orientated).

I don't think CF will ever buy a Flyer, or a 4D for that matter, since they are rides that tend to break down a lot and need a lot of maintenance work to keep them runnning at its best. Plus, if not run well, their capacity suck (again, CF rides are capacity-orientated).

You mean like everything Intamin that they've built?

Or the Windseekers?

Throw in whatever they keep sending to Dorney since those rides seem to be high maintenance too.

They could go with a B&M flyer with a Tatsu/Manta style layout and it would still be fairly reliable. Any ride where the ops aren't' constantly moving around to get people off/on the ride is gonna have terrible capacity regardless of ride type/supposed capacity.

^Depending on how much room DA takes up they'll probably have enough room for at least one more coaster on that side of the park & they could make good use of it by adding a mid sized invert over there.

I think by the 100 posts you have made in this thread and others we all know you want in invert.

Personally, I don't see it ever happening unless Great America closes and they give KD another used B&M, but I think KD would be better off with something else.

^Depending on how much room DA takes up they'll probably have enough room for at least one more coaster on that side of the park & they could make good use of it by adding a mid sized invert over there.

I really don't think KD should put another invert into the park since it's not really needed. Their current coaster collection is already solid enough.

Count me in on the boat that doesn't want Old Virginia to turn into the next Silver Bullet/Ghost Town.

^Agreed. What member of the GP wants a normal invert after they ride Volcano? There's no launch or burst out of a Volcano or anything - those are huge selling points, and it's why that thirty-second ride has a two-hour line on most days. I don't see any point for a B&M invert, minus the fact that it would be nice to have the capacity. And that capacity is really only worth it if the operators can actually maintain it. And this is Kings Dominion.

Kings Dominion just got Intimidator 305 in 2010, and that probably costed a rather large sum of money. Now, this year, they spent even more money on the re-profiling of the first turn. Next year, they're planning on adding a Windseeker, which will cost even more money.

Now - which situation makes more sense - yet another crazy-expensive attraction that would not only give away the "You have to get off at this exit and drive in to see the park the sign advertises" feeling while driving along I-95 but also tarnish an otherwise quaint area of the park, or an up-charge attraction that the crowds will love bringing their kids to that will help the park secure some green stuff for use at a later date?

I will go against the grain and say that I think Old Virginia needs to keep it's trees and quaint feel. Put the coasters elsewhere.

+1

any type of custom B&M would be clutch tho. something low-maintenance and high capacity, preferably.

As much of a Intamin fan I am, I too feel like KD's next coaster should be some sort of a B&M. The park currently has 2 Intamins and 1 B&M, so I think it would be good to have 2 of each. As far as its location goes, TEAR DOWN HURLER and put it there! Plus, that would make both the B&M's on the opposite side of the park...

I'm not expecting a coaster until atleast 2014 though.